ryno banned again...

wow... so it was really him... poor guy... i kinda guessed it was him after his 2nd day posting... i was guessing he was either sneaking back in using a new or somebody else's connection or he was let back in on the condition that he would remain anonymous or something...

aside from the obvious "1979", comment pattern, etc., how'd you (mods) find out for sure it was him??? (just curious... ^_^ )

apologies if i shouldn't have brought this up, but i was looking for something to post to get me out of my "666" post #, and was wondering why 1979 had been awfully quiet... ^_^

Upon further looking in a Strike A Pose thread it is kind of obvious that it was him, he was posting a lot and already had 200+ posts since April 2nd.

guess he was gunning for his 4000+ post in a year title... 11+/day x 365... :rolleyes:

but what i want to know is what hard evidence did the mods find out??? was it something high tech like hacking into his new account and getting his personal info... or something stupid like sending a PM saying "shhh, i'm ryno..." :p ...

Edited by m0n5t3r

Why was this thread unlocked?

Is the matter of his banning up for debate?

It's up for hilarity. :lol: He was a good guy at MWcon 2008, remember convincing him to post more, and now I see he destroys my post count and has been banned twice sense then. Maybe if my brain wasn't so fried I'd be able to at least get 1 post/dayoh yeah that daily GI Joe cartoon and I need to finish Chips Challenge and

guess he was gunning for his 4000+ post in a year title... 11+/day x 365... :rolleyes:

but what i want to know is what hard evidence did the mods find out??? was it something high tech like hacking into his new account and getting his personal info... or something stupid like sending a PM saying "shhh, i'm ryno..." :p ...

Usually a mod can see IP addresses so they can just compare later. Because I don't necessarily trust these guys I'm always hidden behind 7 proxies :ph34r:

Usually a mod can see IP addresses so they can just compare later. Because I don't necessarily trust these guys I'm always hidden behind 7 proxies :ph34r:

yeah, i know that... but he could have easily been logging on using a local internet cafe or starbucks or a friend's account or used a faked-out email account to register on MW etc... how'd they pin the IP or the email account to him??? ... guess we'll never know... :ph34r:

Edited by m0n5t3r

You know, this whole spamming thing wouldn't be a problem if they just removed the stupid post counts from the display. It's nothing but a pissing contest. I may not have that high of a post count, but that's because I only post where I want to, when I feel I have some solid input to the topic, or questions. I mean, make the post count display only in the profile page. I've been here for 3+ years, but I visit this site EVERY day. Just because I don't have something to say all the time doesn't mean I'm not a "regular" member.

Misterryno did it to himself, and me too unfortunately. I was talking to him (unknowingly) about his Strike Valk, and was close to a deal. I hadn't paid anything yet, and I'm not going to ask the mods to allow me to complete the deal for 2 reasons:

1. I felt bad for the seller "macross1979 aka Ryno", who seemed pretty desparate and thought I'd help him out.

2. Even though I'm out a deal on the Strike valk, allowing him to complete the deal goes against his entire banning. I don't expect EXO or anyone else to allow this for my sake. I'd rather be out a valk and have the principles of Macworld and it's leadership remain intact. Rules are rules. I'll get more valks, hopefully he doesn't get more accounts.

I never had anything personal against Ryno, I thought he was pretty inane, and it irked the hell out of me that he'd derail genuine topics about Mac stuff, but he gets what's coming to him. I hope the mods take this into account when they think about whether to release his ban. Let him rot on the Robotech forums for all I care, he did it to himself.

I can't believe the outrage over his banning. I mean, compare this set of mods to the ones on other sites. These guys are pretty laid back. I'm sure it wasn't easy for them to do this, and everyone getting pissed off about it doesn't help them I'm sure. So that being said, can we please just lock this thread and get it over with. Just let it die, people.

I can't believe the outrage over his banning. I mean, compare this set of mods to the ones on other sites. These guys are pretty laid back. I'm sure it wasn't easy for them to do this, and everyone getting pissed off about it doesn't help them I'm sure. So that being said, can we please just lock this thread and get it over with. Just let it die, people.

Quite agree on that point. Even though I have been at the rough end of some mod anger (and I deserved to be, I will be the first to admit that I am no angel :rolleyes: ) the mods here are pretty fair. Like I have observed before, compared to other forums the mods here are great. (In another forum I was in, a mod started screwing around with my account, including my sig, which was really annoying. I promptly told that mod to f#ck off and was not banned, go figure)

As a history person I have to say let the past be the past. Learn from it, but certainly don't dwell on it too much.

Taksraven

Im new here and never commented but I was annoyed by his posts all over the place. His posts kinda seemed like they were coming from a hyper 12 year old.

Please enjoy your stay at Macrossworld, dinner is served promptly at 6:30...

You know, this whole spamming thing wouldn't be a problem if they just removed the stupid post counts from the display. It's nothing but a pissing contest. I may not have that high of a post count, but that's because I only post where I want to, when I feel I have some solid input to the topic, or questions. I mean, make the post count display only in the profile page. I've been here for 3+ years, but I visit this site EVERY day. Just because I don't have something to say all the time doesn't mean I'm not a "regular" member.

I don't think it has much to do with post counts. Some of the most prolific posters on here make really worthwhile contributions with every post. However In the past two years there has been a noticeable drop in overall forum behaviour, partly due to the influx of new people with Macross Frontier. I don't go into the Macross series discussion forum because its full of inane crap. Maybe thats just the growing pains of a forum, but thats life.

Yeah, Exo himself wrote in the "Save MisterRyno" thread that he wasn't banned due to spamming or excessive posting, but because he got a 3 day time out and created a fake account anyways, and basically didn't give a bum poopoo about the mods, the rule etc.

It's pretty simple. When a mod gives you a warning, you can discuss it politely and a) compromise and drop the issue, b) politely disagree and stop visiting the sight or c) be a dork and get a temp ban and then create a new account leading to perma-ban.

I agree that he's a good guy. I did some deals with him too and he was honest and spotless and seemed to really enjoy the hobby. But - then again - how many of us are DISHONEST and HATE the hobby?

These are bare minimum "credentials" for being at Macross World. It also helps to follow the rules.

Besides - I notice that usually people scream loudest about the evil rules when they themselves are under the thumb of the rules. I don't know about you guys - but I've read the rules and if there was something I disagreed with or had doubts about - I would post a topic in the member feedback forum to make sure, to clarify - BEFORE getting to a potential conflict stage.

Sometimes, though, there will always be a couple rules we don't like or agree with. I know I HATE Section 1, point 5, sub-point 6 ....

But what can little old me do about it? It's just one of those small injustices that I guess make the world imperfect.

Pete

Well, actually, the one to really watch is Pam Anderson - now living broke in a trailer park. And check out the wrinkles on that forehead. Getting rid of those costs only like 200 bucks or so every two or three months. This should NOT be a problem for her. The sub-title going off on the belly is off base. That's not fat - it's excess skin that droops. Can also be remedied but takes time at the gym and a good diet. But it's that forehead that shocked me. Come on Pam! Get back together! :

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517744,00.html

Pete

I do, too, so before it gets locked, I'm wondering...looking up Macross1979, his custom title is "ryno Version 3.0." Was there a "2.0" as well?

yeah, I forget what the name was but it was the account he made because he got a 3 day suspension.

QUOTE (Gubaba @ Apr 25 2009, 04:01 PM) *

I do, too, so before it gets locked, I'm wondering...looking up Macross1979, his custom title is "ryno Version 3.0." Was there a "2.0" as well?

yeah, I forget what the name was but it was the account he made because he got a 3 day suspension.

ichijoe hikaru sumthing.....as for his custom title, the mods did that