Surprise!

izzyfcuk

> Just received my two YF-19 Prototypes 3 & 4. These definitely look very nice and the pics we've seen online thus far don't do it justice. Hell maybe I'm biased since I'm a huge YF-19 fan. Will post some pics. <

That would be great. Money is tight now, and I'm a HUGE 19 fan...but the price is making me question if these two should be added to my collection.

I hear you. I'm debating the same thing myself.

• 3 weeks later...

Indeed... the two YF-19's didn't appeal to me, but I will buy a low-viz VF-19AFP. For that matter, do an F-22 Raptor camo scheme low viz VF-22S with the gold canopy from the Max and Milia.... VF-22S "Have Glass" :)

I also found the white and yellow stickers a little too stark in contrast to the dark gray surface which made it look a lot more sticker-ish. So I took a GM02 gundam marker and stained the stickers to make them look more blended in with the darker areas.

post-10222-1247428413_thumb.jpg

Wow, that looks pretty good. Think I'm gonna have to do this on my Gamlin. What did you do for a sticker guide? I see a couple that aren't listed in the Yamato manual (the ones on the nose or in the yellow stripe behind the UN Spacy Kite) that I've also seen on models... Hase instructions?

Wow, that looks pretty good. Think I'm gonna have to do this on my Gamlin. What did you do for a sticker guide? I see a couple that aren't listed in the Yamato manual (the ones on the nose or in the yellow stripe behind the UN Spacy Kite) that I've also seen on models... Hase instructions?

Yeah, I just used the Hasegawa decal guides for the VF-22S though it was for M&M's 22s. Almost all of the markings between the YF-21 and the VF-22S are the same, so I figured there shouldn't be much difference with Gamlin's either. I used the printed manual that came with the model, but MW has some scanned in the model section as well that you could use.

Has_VF22S_Ins_6.jpgHas_VF22S_Ins_7.jpg

And here's the YF-21's just for comparison.

post-10222-1258161140_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Ah the "Keep Clear" stickers were the main thing I was missing. Don't think I'll bother putting them on the side lights on the nose, but looks good behind the red sensor thing behind the head laser and between the cockpit and nose sensor.

OK guys....I've waited as long as I can...I'm gonna pull the trigger on the "Double Nuts" YF-19. It's not cheap, but I really want a 19 to go with my 21 and 11B, and the original seems to have a couple of problems not to mention that original tan color just does NOT do it for me. I really like the blue and white of the newer one. Any one have any last minute advice or wanna talk me out of it??!! :blink: .......please....somebody....!! ^_^

I was seriously tempted to get Gamlin this morning, and I coulda.. but I want M&M VF-22s more, and if I get a third I want a YF-21. I could probably afford them all, but I have other things to think about too.. like.. rent... and food.. you know. ^_^

I just wish I could count on a sale like this for the M&Ms..

And I REALLY wish this sale applied to the Mac0 stuff, they still have the VF-0S in stock, but I don't want to pay that much for it.

OK guys....I've waited as long as I can...I'm gonna pull the trigger on the "Double Nuts" YF-19. It's not cheap, but I really want a 19 to go with my 21 and 11B, and the original seems to have a couple of problems not to mention that original tan color just does NOT do it for me. I really like the blue and white of the newer one. Any one have any last minute advice or wanna talk me out of it??!! :blink: .......please....somebody....!! ^_^

Very happy with my white n' blue YF-19. The joints are much tighter than on the Mac Plus color versions and it holds poses really well in battroid mode.

That said I keep it in fighter mode most of the time, as I just love the look of mostly white fighters.

Graham

Very happy with my white n' blue YF-19. The joints are much tighter than on the Mac Plus color versions and it holds poses really well in battroid mode.

That said I keep it in fighter mode most of the time, as I just love the look of mostly white fighters.

Graham

Thanks Graham!! Order placed!! ---fingers crossed! :huh:

Graham

Pictures man, we need pictures.

I wouldn't be surprised if we do basically get a Hikaru in the cockpit---I'd be very surprised if we get a nice new 1/60 Milia sculpt.

Has anybody actually tried putting a 1/60 figure in a VF-22?

Woah,.... what is H. Ichijo doing in the VF-22's cockpit!?

Anyways, I wish the conopy is covered in Battroid mode!

I take it you never saw Mac 7. Well miriya uses hikaru themed flight suit in the show. I guess it was a way to pay homage to the original series. But like David Hingtgen said, it would be nice if they re-sculpted the pilot figure instead of just throwing a hikaru pilot in there.

Just got my YF-19 "Double Nuts" from Overdrive. WOW! 3 days to my doorstep! Just have a minute to take it out and look at it. First impressions...very good...very tight in fighter mode, perfect paint application, and the white is a very "off white" almost cream color, not as white as it looks in the promotional pics...I like it! NO Macross Kite tampoed on the front of the fueslage?? :blink: FAIL! Anyway, can't wait to panel line it and detail it, but gonna play with it first! :lol: Will try to post pics later tonight or tomorrow!