Surprise!

izzyfcuk

AS promised....Mr. YF-19 Double Nuts.. :lol: ...fighter mode....

Thanks for posting some pics, and from all angles. It really gives you an idea what the thing looks like in fighter mode. I've been considering it but I wasn't sure at that price. Could I be a tad rude and request some pics in Gerwalk as well? That mode is never represented in as many pictures.

Thanks for posting some pics, and from all angles. It really gives you an idea what the thing looks like in fighter mode. I've been considering it but I wasn't sure at that price. Could I be a tad rude and request some pics in Gerwalk as well? That mode is never represented in as many pictures.

No worries.....throwin some stickers on now, and gotta find some grub...after that....I'm gonna try a transformation or two, so YES, I'll post pics.....just keep telling myself..."come on, it CAN'T be as bad as the 21!" :wacko:

AND................here ya go..........Much thanks to Graham's Youtube YF-19 transformation videos!! Thanks!! Makes things go SO much quicker than trying to interpret the errr.....manual...

Some stickers done, panel lines and the "no step"s will have to wait for tomorrow.... All in all, it's not that bad of a transformation...going to things from fighter...easy....going back to fighter...little more of a challenge!!! I would say it's worth the $$$.

post-11393-1258862096_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862113_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862130_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862153_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862168_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862185_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862208_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862225_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862251_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862270_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258862290_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

AND................here ya go..........Much thanks to Graham's Youtube YF-19 transformation videos!! Thanks!! Makes things go SO much quicker than trying to interpret the errr.....manual...

Some stickers done, panel lines and the "no step"s will have to wait for tomorrow.... All in all, it's not that bad of a transformation...going to things from fighter...easy....going back to fighter...little more of a challenge!!! I would say it's worth the $$$.

Damn, thanks for the pics. I really need to find a new job, you've sold me on this one.

Last couple of pics now that panel lines are finished and all stickers are on, not the easiest bird to panel line, (need a white Gundam marker to clean up some areas at some point). Lines are bigger than 1:60 ver 2, more along the lines of the 1:48's lines, so they kinda "pop" more....oh well, guess I better learn to like it! :unsure:

post-11393-1258940909_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258940931_thumb.jpg

post-11393-1258940945_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

I take it you never saw Mac 7. Well miriya uses hikaru themed flight suit in the show. I guess it was a way to pay homage to the original series. But like David Hingtgen said, it would be nice if they re-sculpted the pilot figure instead of just throwing a hikaru pilot in there.

Actually the outfit reversed the red and the white, as there is no blue like on Hikaru's. :)

Randy

• 2 weeks later...
So why does the Model Graphix show the YF21 to be the VF22? (notice the cockpits) and the VF22 to be the YF21? I had to double check the cockpits on both of them to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

mg-may-page-1.jpg

As far as the 22 canopy used for the YF-21, it kind of makes sense. You could rationalize it like this. When General Galaxy was pushing for the 21 to be a special ops replacement for the 17 after the 19 was chosen to be the main fighter, they had removed the BDS/BDI system and put in a more conventional cockpit and canopy (that would go on to be used in the production VF-22) when they produced this 3rd prototype. It doesn't look like they put in the integrated gunpod covers yet for the one shown in the scan so perhaps there could be room for a 4th prototype or they just added that after the 21 was approved for production as the VF-22.

As for the 22A using a 21 style covered canopy style, your guess is as good as mine. Perhaps the modeler didn't have any extra VF-22 models and just decided to use a YF-21 to customize instead :p

One of the YF-21 prototypes was conventional controls only wasn't it? It would therefore, need a conventional canopy...

The first one did, yes. Though it wasn't the 4 viewport style canopy of the 22. Prototype 1 had a more traditional canopy like the VF-1 or VF-11's.

The prototype 3 featured in model graphix isn't canon I think. I don't think there's any official mention of there being another prototype after the one Guld piloted, but if there was another, it would be reasonable to assume that it would have the same controls and canopy as the production VF-22.

That bomber version looks kinda dumb, btw.

AS promised....Mr. YF-19 Double Nuts.. :lol: ...fighter mode....

sold on the blue and white one thanks derex I was wondering if it was going to be like the first edition YF-19 but it looks like they fixed the problems that plagued the V.1 YF-19, ie; rear landing gears, crooked gunpod.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

The first one did, yes. Though it wasn't the 4 viewport style canopy of the 22. Prototype 1 had a more traditional canopy like the VF-1 or VF-11's.

The prototype 3 featured in model graphix isn't canon I think. I don't think there's any official mention of there being another prototype after the one Guld piloted, but if there was another, it would be reasonable to assume that it would have the same controls and canopy as the production VF-22.

That bomber version looks kinda dumb, btw.

got pictures of it?

got pictures of it?

I don't, but it's in the magazine section under model graphix for May 2003. The person that made it most likely took inspiration from the FB-22 concept which takes an F-22 raptor and basically elongates it, removes the stabilizers on the tail, and gives it delta wings.

I don't, but it's in the magazine section under model graphix for May 2003. The person that made it most likely took inspiration from the FB-22 concept which takes an F-22 raptor and basically elongates it, removes the stabilizers on the tail, and gives it delta wings.

Oh yeah I flew that one on Ace Combat 5 sweet.

• 3 months later...

Too bad he didn't have the Yf-21 to duke it out with...would have been even better, and looked cooler than fighting a stick figure. Pretty unique and entertaining. "Join us!" :)

That was really good! I've yet to venture on youtube to make something of mine, my set took a good half day, but it's hell good fun!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27607296@N03/...262901558/show/

Everyone should have a go, it makes owning these high end variables worth it! :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Someone in Japan made this hilarious, yet innovative, stop-motion home video of the YF-19 Double Nuts.

Absolutely awesome. The amount of effort that must have taken, to put the details of the transformation on the pictures as he's transforming it. Great stuff.