Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Hey Graham,

Do you have any more pics of that custom? I'm not sure if it was posted in a thread on the forums but I tried using the search function but didn't find anything.

It was posted in another thread, possibly in the custom toys and model thread IIRC.

Anyway, here's some more pics.

First pic shows my very quick photoshop modifications taht I proposed to Yamato.

Graham

post-11-1240375410_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240375428_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240375444_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240375455_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240375469_thumb.jpg

post-11-1240375482_thumb.jpg

I think it was a Jung custom made for Sqidd.

And I wish that yamato listened to you Graham, that would have been a MUCH better color scheme to do.

And MacrossMan, yes low vis YF-19 would be awesome.

I'll be on all of these when they come closer to release. It's too damn bad there's no Super Nova 19, or Emerald Force from M7, or the famouse VFX-2 Ravens version. Damn you Yamato. I love it, but I am so upset that there's no VFX-2 version.

It was posted in another thread, possibly in the custom toys and model thread IIRC.

First pic shows my very quick photoshop modifications taht I proposed to Yamato.

Graham

Now that's a Yf-19 repaint I could get behind. That looks awesome, it's just to bad it they haven't gone through with it......yet at least. Damn where am I going to find the money for this stuff! :mellow:

I made a similar custom using a Roy Scheme.

Did not paint anything, so I changed the tan color to white with Photoshop and looks better. I am a big fan of the YF-19, I might consider buying another one for this custom.

ravens.jpg

Whoa, you have the flaps turned up? How'd you mod that? Are they posable?

Edited by Cent

Since the 1/60 YF-19 was released, I've been pestering Yamato to release more color variations, specifically a white version, based either on the white w/blue or white w/orange trim Project Super Nova versions, first shown in the TIAS Macross Plus bok and later featured heavily in a couple of issues of Model Graphix magazine.

More recently, I've been pushing them to realease a white w/yellow and black trim version, similar to a custom that one of our members did. I forget who, possibly, Kurt or Jung? (See attached pic). I really wanted this Focker version, with the possible addition of a vertical black stripe down the side of the olower legs and also a black stripe terminating in a pointy end running along the nose, below the cockpit.

Graham

Yes, I love to see a "Focker' version of YF19. These two new colour theme for YF19 just a bit disappointing.

The VF22 looks awesome though.

Isn't Gamlin's VF-22 dark green?? Is it confirmed that Yamato list it as Gamlin version??

Well, the shop that I pre-ordered mine from lists it as a Gamlin version. They also told me that these are going to be May/June releases. However, no other online store has them up for pre-orders yet? I can't believe that a Singapore store got the word(and pictures) up before any Japanese or HK stores/sites did.

Finally! An actual VF-22! Too bad it's not in Max's or Millia's colors :(

I'm not too hot for the VF-22 head though... it looks too simple compared to the lineart.

i agree, something is not quite right about the head!!

OK, spoke with Yamato today.

Confirmed the VF-22 is the Dynamite 7 Gamlin version.

However, the pics weren't supposed to be released until this coming Friday, so somebody leaked them early.

Also, the two YF-19 variations are not confirmed yet and may not be the final versions and have not been approved by BW yet. No photos of those should have been released and they certainly should not be offered for sale yet!

The orange and white one will probably be offered for sale if approved, but after talking with Yamato today, the white, blue and red one may not and they may go with another variant.

I did inform them that there is demand for a VF_X Ravens VF-19A and also a Focker version VF-19A.

Graham

I did inform them that there is demand for a VF_X Ravens VF-19A and also a Focker version VF-19A.

Graham

I would think there is a demand for a Focker and M&M color scheme for every valk type.

However, the pics weren't supposed to be released until this coming Friday, so somebody leaked them early.

Also, the two YF-19 variations are not confirmed yet and may not be the final versions and have not been approved by BW yet. No photos of those should have been released and they certainly should not be offered for sale yet!

The orange and white one will probably be offered for sale if approved, but after talking with Yamato today, the white, blue and red one may not and they may go with another variant.

Graham

Wow thanks for the clarification Graham. The leaked picture for the white/orange VF-19 is blurry for the fighter mode, certainly suggesting that it was leaked before it was ready. I guess there was a miscommunication between the store and their supplier/Yamato? The store mentioned a May/June release, but if the YF-19 re-colours have not been approved by BW I guess that's too optimistic as well?

I hope the leak doesn't put you into Yamato's black book again!

Also, wow, confirmed Mac 7 release by Yamato. Hope we can get to see a 1/60 VF-17 soon then :p Maybe next year?

+1 for the M&M colour scheme-- especially for the VF-22. I wonder if Yamato has to pay Bandai any royalties for the use of Mac7 designs, on top of the licensing fees from BW?

Edited by edwin3060

I am wondering if Yamato would do that with SMS custom VB-6 Konig Monster? Consider it fetch over 30,000 yen easily in YJA (buy now 44,000yen).. certainly more thought after than other Macross toys atm in Japan

I don't think they have the license to make a SMS custom.

We should hope Yamato would re-issue it, and some people would produce the decal to apply.

Think I've heard that there is pressure on Yamato not to issue VB-6...?

I hope the leak doesn't put you into Yamato's black book again!

Why would it? It's not me who leaked the pics, it's whoever leaked them to that Singapore online store.

Heck, I didn't even have the pics. I didn't even see them until I logged onto MW this morning. For once you guys all saw them before me.

Graham

Why would it? It's not me who leaked the pics, it's whoever leaked them to that Singapore online store.

Heck, I didn't even have the pics. I didn't even see them until I logged onto MW this morning. For once you guys all saw them before me.

Graham

:) Good to know that then.

Graham

I think it was a Jung custom made for Sqidd.

And I wish that yamato listened to you Graham, that would have been a MUCH better color scheme to do.

And MacrossMan, yes low vis YF-19 would be awesome.

the paint job looks great but the crooked gun pod just kills it.

That Roy scheme along with the shading done looks really tight.

I hope Yamato seriously takes that scheme into consideration.

Thanks Graham, that custom looks really nice, though the gunpod does take away something from it lol.

If Yamato were to push Super Nova paint scheme on the YF-19, they would have another cash cow(s).

Yea definitely, I've been waiting for the blue supernova scheme since like ...ever.

Graham

That's good to know, as the 19s were pretty underwhelming, so there's still a chance for a Focker version B))