Surprise!

izzyfcuk

OMG the names!!! Bird Pray - Bird of Prey, right? Double Nuts
Double Nuts="00", in numerical designation for Navy aircraft, any plane with double nuts is usually the CAG(Carrier Air Group) commander aircraft, typically in high viz. For example if you saw 2 Jolly Rogers aircraft, 1 with "113" as designation, it's most likely a low viz plane, but "100" would be high viz, with the CO's craft, "101" having high viz but not as much as the "100" aircraft.

The 22 looks awesome, just want to see how they have it carry the gunpods. As for the 19s, yeah those schemes are meh at best, but at least if they sell poorly I will be able to pick one up cheap later on.

OMG the names!!! Bird Pray - Bird of Prey, right? Double Nuts - Um, Double Kick to the Nuts? :blink: Please try even harder to get classier names, please!

Double Nuts :lol: Ballchinians unite!

I'm not sure what all the hype is about. If I am understanding this correctly, the VF-22 is cannon and the YF-19's are just repaints? What series was the VF-22 in? I like the red cannopy, but I'm not in awe and "have to have it". Not yet at least...

Wow! I never thought Yamato would be able to make the VF-22S. I definitely like the gray used here instead of the ugly dark green color that it should be. One of the few times I'm glad the color is different from the canon scheme. I'm not too convinced with the modified pod covers though. It kinda looks like someone cut some strips of styrene and glued them to the bay covers as they have no detail or anything and just don't look quite right in shape either. I hope it's just because they weren't done with the bay doors yet.

Will be a must buy for me. Definitely hoping they include more appropriately colored stickers as well as use the same thinner sticker types that came with the destroids.

Couldn't really care less about the YF-19 repaints unless they made some improvements to the mold like improving the fit of various parts and reducing the gullet size to about 75%-80% of current size (nothing as drastic as how the hasegawa models depicts it). It's just way too thick on the 19 from the profile view and even blocks the gunpod.

If the legs on the -22 were just a little bit thicker, I'd so go for it. It looks awkward at the moment, I guess it's the same complaint leveled against the current YF-21 1:60.

There's barely enough room as it is to get the bay doors over the legs. Making the legs thicker would make the fighter mode fatter which ruins one of the best features of the YF-21/VF-22, its sexy sleekness.

Actually, in person, the legs of the toy don't look so bad.

There's barely enough room as it is to get the bay doors over the legs. Making the legs thicker would make the fighter mode fatter which ruins one of the best features of the YF-21/VF-22, its sexy sleekness.

Actually, in person, the legs of the toy don't look so bad.

I have no problem with them at all, they're probably the best compromise they could work out without parts-forming.

I still do not have a Variable YF-19, so this may be a good time to get one. I am thinking of the orange supernova scheme one but paint over the orange, maybe gray or maybe black and gray or black and red.

I'm actually fine with the repaint schemes. I don't have a - 19 either, and I was kicking around the idea of getting an YF-19, but I may just preorder one of these instead.

..Although I'm wanting me a Sturmvogel too.

Dammit! I just bought a 2nd yf-19 last Saturday and was just thinking to myself how much nicer it would look if the plastic was white. Miriya's photoshop is my ideal yf-19, but I think

they should work harder on a red, black, and white scheme like a hikky dyrl vf-1a/s or alto vf-25 (or even a skull leader scheme) and surprise us for an irresistible 2nd (or 3rd) dipping.

Gonna stick with the yf-21 colors It looks like a Subaru impreza :p and the head is too sweet.

I hope these go the way of the 1/48 Angelbirds and Low Vis 2. Then I might pick one of the YF-19's up, I am still unsure about the YF-21. I was never a fan of this valk, and nothing about it or it's variants screams buy me. However I willing to wait and see. It wouldn't be the first time I changed my mind about a valk. Happened with the SV-51.

Woo random VF-22 out of left field! Even more awesome that it's Gamlin's, yamato must have found a loop hole in the M7 license to pull this off. The belly plate guns look like they just latch on and can maybe store the guns inside but thats ok by me. Now this leaves me thinking, can yamato somehow figure a way to make a VF-17?

Double Nuts :lol: Ballchinians unite!

I'm not sure what all the hype is about. If I am understanding this correctly, the VF-22 is cannon and the YF-19's are just repaints? What series was the VF-22 in? I like the red cannopy, but I'm not in awe and "have to have it". Not yet at least...

The the VF-22S is Gamlin's from Macross Dynamite 7.

I've never been a fan of the VF-22S. I actually prefer the YF-21 canopy, It's has a smoother cleaner shape too it and I like the tiny windows. also the VF-22 head looks goofy, even more so on the toy

Since the 1/60 YF-19 was released, I've been pestering Yamato to release more color variations, specifically a white version, based either on the white w/blue or white w/orange trim Project Super Nova versions, first shown in the TIAS Macross Plus bok and later featured heavily in a couple of issues of Model Graphix magazine.

More recently, I've been pushing them to realease a white w/yellow and black trim version, similar to a custom that one of our members did. I forget who, possibly, Kurt or Jung? (See attached pic). I really wanted this Focker version, with the possible addition of a vertical black stripe down the side of the olower legs and also a black stripe terminating in a pointy end running along the nose, below the cockpit.

I'm not sure why you guys are refering to the "Double Nuts" (stupid name IMO) version as an Angel Bird. To me, it looks just like a standard YF-19, but with white plastic instead of the standard light-tan.

I''ve known about the VF-22 for ages, but not the choice of color schemes. Yamato were pushing hard to be allowed to do an M7 Max & Milia version, but I still don't know if they got approval from BW.

As to whether this is an official MD7 Gamlin version, or just someting made to lok close to it, I don't know, but I will check.

Mr. March - I'm gonna have to rewatch MD7 again tonight, cus' it really surprised me that you show Gamlin's VF-22 as green(!?). From previous viewings, I always got the impression it was black, or at least very dark grey, nearly black.

And yes, there are more non-VF-1 repaints in the works.

Graham

post-11-1240364222_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure why you guys are refering to the "Double Nuts" (stupid name IMO) version as an Angel Bird. To me, it looks just like a standard YF-19, but with white plastic instead of the standard light-tan.

Becuase of the red and the blue on top of that white.

Besides, maybe now people will love the Angel as much as I do.

Non-VF-1, means NOT VF-1.

More repaints coming for VFs other than the VF-1.

G-

Thanks for the clarification. Could really care less for these two YF-19 repaints, but would be all over a weathered Roy color scheme. Hopefully Yamato is listening.

A Roy scheme for the YF-19, YF-21, and heck, even, the SV-51 would be pretty cool. A veritable Skull-1 squad!! B))

As for the VF-22, I've always been a bigger fan of the YF-21. Granted, I'm happy that Yamato is releasing the 22. But I still prefer the black w/red trim I used for my custom YF-21.

Not all that big on these. I do like the cannopy and head of that VF-22. I am just not familiar with them enough to have a liking for them. Now if that VF-22 came in an LV-1 paint scheme I think that would be one bad ass non-cannon VF-1 variation I'd have to have! Damn that would be sweet!

I''ve known about the VF-22 for ages, but not the choice of color schemes. Yamato were pushing hard to be allowed to do an M7 Max & Milia version, but I still don't know if they got approval from BW.

As to whether this is an official MD7 Gamlin version, or just someting made to lok close to it, I don't know, but I will check.

Mr. March - I'm gonna have to rewatch MD7 again tonight, cus' it really surprised me that you show Gamlin's VF-22 as green(!?). From previous viewings, I always got the impression it was black, or at least very dark grey, nearly black.

Graham

Here's some screen caps of Gamlin's VF-22S in D7. Whether or not it officially is supposed to be a dark greenish color, it does seem to have it in the animation.

post-10222-1240372373_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1240372380_thumb.jpg

post-10222-1240372385_thumb.jpg

Heh, unless I'm color blind or my laptop's display seetings are screwed up, I'm seeing it more as a dark blue than green.

Graham

If you use a color picker in a photo editing program, the colors, depending on the shading, range from a sea green to a

dark green to a dark blue-green in some areas.

In most areas I select, green is the dominant color with a higher value than blue or red.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Since the 1/60 YF-19 was released, I've been pestering Yamato to release more color variations, specifically a white version, based either on the white w/blue or white w/orange trim Project Super Nova versions, first shown in the TIAS Macross Plus bok and later featured heavily in a couple of issues of Model Graphix magazine.

More recently, I've been pushing them to realease a white w/yellow and black trim version, similar to a custom that one of our members did. I forget who, possibly, Kurt or Jung? (See attached pic). I really wanted this Focker version, with the possible addition of a vertical black stripe down the side of the olower legs and also a black stripe terminating in a pointy end running along the nose, below the cockpit.

Graham

Hey Graham,

Do you have any more pics of that custom? I'm not sure if it was posted in a thread on the forums but I tried using the search function but didn't find anything.