Surprise!

izzyfcuk

Surprise is the right word. People had me thoroughly convinced there would never be a yamato vf-22. I wonder if the belly plates are different? What's even more surprising is that toyntoys has this listed as a macross 7 dynamite gamlin version.

Dare I hope for more yamato dynamite 7 valks??

19's also looking really good.

Surprise is the right word. People had me thoroughly convinced there would never be a yamato vf-22. I wonder if the belly plates are different? What's even more surprising is that toyntoys has this listed as a macross 7 dynamite gamlin version.

Dare I hope for more yamato dynamite 7 valks??

19's also looking really good.

Which means a VF-5000 should be announced any day now ^_^

and yes, the belly plates look to be the correct VF-22 style.

Edited by eugimon

For Real?

And here I was smug with my YF-21 purchase the other day. Ahh well I didn't pay top dollar for it and I'm a fan of Blue and Yellow.

Unfortunately this line of reasoning won't help me overcome my addiction and I'm already contemplating how much better the VF-22 looks in battroid mode with this colour scheme! :p

AT LAST!

very happy that we see kamlin kizaki's VF-22!

this really really rocks me to the core...

does that mean yamato has Mac7 license already?

i'm dumping my plans for max and miria VF-1J 1/60 ver2 already

Gamlin's VF-22 WOOHOOOO!

I wonder if they changed the bellyplates and you can now mount the gunpods internally.

So Yamato can make Dynamite 7 but not regular M7 perhaps ?

Perhaps a VF-19P then for Basara.

Any word on the release date or is it too early ?

Edited by thankheaven

I am digging the 22. I like the 19s but not enough to pay $200.00 for each. If Yamato can make these can they now make variants for the VF-11? I may want to cancel my preorder for it in case there is a better paint scheme.

WOOHOO AWESOME! I will have that Vf-22... oh yes... it's posts like this that makes insomnia all worth it.

Indeed... and I vividly remember the time when the pics of the 1/48 were first released, people were basically hooked onto the thread, pressing F5 to see what new news/posts come up... lol~!

Anyway, I'm VERY surprised that the VF-22 which is basically from Macross 7, which in turn should be bandai's territory ets the green light?? Did Bandai's exclusive rights just get expired or something? If this is so....Hm.... that means more..... repaints! lol~!

Holy!!! Actually, I recall a statement by Graham awhile back expressing the possibility that Yamato might be able to make Mac Frontier mecha in a few years--- Do you think Bandai actually decided to co-license Macross with Yamato, starting with the Mac7 line and possibly incorporating MacF in the future?

I am definitely getting a VF-22 and the white and orange YF-19--- reminds me of one of the prototype F-15 paint schemes

Holy!!! Actually, I recall a statement by Graham awhile back expressing the possibility that Yamato might be able to make Mac Frontier mecha in a few years--- Do you think Bandai actually decided to co-license Macross with Yamato, starting with the Mac7 line and possibly incorporating MacF in the future?

Probably due to the fact that Bandai doesn't have VF-22 mold, I don't think they would share the cash cow with Yamato. (that would be so uncapitalist)

i know everyone must be soooo exited about the vf-22.... but i am sooo sad, i really wanted a nice new color scheme of the yf-21, now i may never get any yf-21/vf-22... I would consider the vf-22 in another paint scheme (miria / low vis / stealth comes to mind)...

Now that said, can someone pls explain to me the differences between the yf-21 and the vf-22. The only two differences i see are the head and the windshield, anything else???

Final note, damn, i do like the bird pray in batroid mode, its really really nice... almost makes me regret buying the 25th aniversary scheme, which is better in fighter, less in batroid...

Edited by Arthurius

The VF-22 sturmvogel looks cool ! Wish I can see the gerwalk version of all three VFs ! Any chance Yamato would improve on the YF-19 mold (considering they are facing tougher competition with Bandai over macross products now) ?

The VF-22 sturmvogel looks cool ! Wish I can see the gerwalk version of all three VFs ! Any chance Yamato would improve on the YF-19 mold (considering they are facing tougher competition with Bandai over macross products now) ?

I really hope they step up the plastic choices and tweak some stuff on the 19, because it's in desperate need of some decent plastic (the stuff used on the V2 VF-1 should do nicely) and some fit adjusting. It'll be interesting* to see how these all price out with the costs of production increase since the original 19 came out though...

*not in a good way

i know everyone must be soooo exited about the vf-22.... but i am sooo sad, i really wanted a nice new color scheme of the yf-21, now i may never get any yf-21/vf-22... I would consider the vf-22 in another paint scheme (miria / low vis / stealth comes to mind)...

Now that said, can someone pls explain to me the differences between the yf-21 and the vf-22. The only two differences i see are the head and the windshield, anything else???

Final note, damn, i do like the bird pray in batroid mode, its really really nice... almost makes me regret buying the 25th aniversary scheme, which is better in fighter, less in batroid...

the belly plates are also different

These shows must have been great. I just don't get why these mech designs are so popular and have so many toys made from them.

I think I drew better robots in high school study hall - but to each his own.

I'm REALLY ready for new ENEMY (1/60?) mecha to be scooped in this thread . . .