VF-2SS site

Bobby

Thanks to permission by w.cheng, p.belic, jarrod, fly4victory, vicviper, m3, and others, vf-2ss.com is now online.

The purpose of this site is simply for vf-2ss fans to experience and enjoy this remarkable valkyrie and soundtrack composed for Macross II.

If you have any vf-2ss related art/models/cg that you'd like to contribute to the site please let me know.

This (and vf2ss.com) is sort of a never ending project for an ongoing admiration/adoration of this extraordinary valkyrie, while longing for the day when a fully transformable vf-2ss w/out SAP will be produced as a kit/toy.

Thanks to permission by w.cheng, p.belic, jarrod, fly4victory, vicviper, m3, and others, vf-2ss.com is now online.

The purpose of this site is simply for vf-2ss fans to experience and enjoy this remarkable valkyrie and soundtrack composed for Macross II.

Quick piece of advice... get rid of the music. As much as I like the soundtrack of Macross II, the music is making the process of loading each page significantly slower, even on fast connections. If you're unwilling to axe the music, at least scale down the bitrate to around 160kbps instead of around 320kbps.

Love this website Bobby, Thankyou for sharing!!!! VF-2SS forever!!! MACROSS II FOREVER! lol. :D I've fav'd it and will pass on to other Mac II fans.

This music plays fine on my connection and is a beautiful touch, and it only runs once through until the next page change.

Perfect 10/10 from me!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yes issue 21 has this M21_hyoshi.jpg!!!! About time!!!!

Yeah, I've been waitin' 21 issues for that.

Once it comes out it's got top priority with my site's translators, though I doubt it'll have new information. By the time it comes out we oughta be finished with Animage #11 and the VF-XS Valkyrie II. Not gonna see scans of Chronicle though, since pretty much everybody importing it is onboard with sketchley's "no scans until the magazine goes out of print" plan.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

...the music is making the process of loading each page significantly slower...

I clipped all the songs to :59 seconds each and made them stream. I really want the viewer to enjoy the soundtrack at a good quality (at least a minute of it) when browsing through the images on the site. Hope it's not hanging up too bad.

Is it true that Bandai has plans to make a 1/100 VF-2SS?

Edited by Bobby

It's too bad the pics are now gone, but there was a dead-sexy VF-2SS (and also a transformable, red Mospeada Tread too) in this old thread: Linky.

Maybe someone saved copies of the pics from this thread? :unsure:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Question about the 2SS. If memory serves, BanDai made a 1/100 transformable model. Is that the only varible version made of the 2SS so far?

Yeah, the 1/100 transformable VF-2SS toy is the only transformable one released to date... though there's one coming as part of the anniversary VF-100 series in the near-ish future. There are a bunch of B-Club and G-Port non-transformable model kits out there though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...