SMS VF-25 Collection

maximilian_jenius

Nice collection.

Definitively a lot of money and time...

I recall spending easily 3 days trimming and putting one together.

I am hoping that a few years from now when the hype is gone I don't see those build ups on Evilbay for $30.99

I hate you. My local store hasn't gotten anything Macross related since the first Bandai kit. Grrrrrrrrrrr........

Great job on those by the way.

I'm jealous.

Same here.. it only gundam kit they sell here.

Ebay/online is the only option

Btw gratz on your effort on the models.. must take lot of time

The Luca transforms, but I think he kept it in Fighter because it fits the Ghosts best that way. Also, I'm not sure if the stand will hold it up in Battroid.

Ummmm.....are you maximilian_jenius?

I'm sorry, that was a bit mean. I just don't see how you could answer that question for him.

Edited by macross1979

Ummmm.....are you maximilian_jenius?

I'm sorry, that was a bit mean. I just don't see how you could answer that question for him.

Here's a bit of internet ettiquette for you. Answers don't always come from the one asked. If the answer is valid, and factual, for example, the Luca RVF-25 model being able to transform, then you shouldn't complain. Also, if the answerer says that they think their answer is the reason behind something, it's also acceptable, albeit to a lesser degree.

Please, don't keep up what seems to be singling me out. I've noticed your posting content in response to me has been somewhat... Troll-like? Anyway, I'm here to have a good time, just as much as you. So, if I give you an answer as to whether or not something has a certain function, accept that. If I give you something which I explicitly state is speculative, accept it.

BACK ON TOPIC:

I wish I had the money to buy those beauties, and the time to build 'em. You done good, Max.

Very Very Nice! Can you transform the Luca figure? How are they all holding together?

ok, I will post some pics tomorrow. :D

the luca kit came with 3 plastic black bar to attach them to the action base. If you don't have an action base the kit also came with a nice mini SMS base for the ghosts.

The Luca transforms, but I think he kept it in Fighter because it fits the Ghosts best that way. Also, I'm not sure if the stand will hold it up in Battroid.

Yes in fighter mode is the best way to show them (in my opinion) the action base (stand) can hold it up in battroid mode, in fact, the action base came with a pice for hold it. (see the 3 pieces of the second pic http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948215 )

will post tomorrow a pic too :D

You painted Luca wrong... he's supposed to have at least three different shades of green randomly over various parts.

ohhh you are right I spoil my figure. I will buy a new one and I will paint in this form

Wing: ligth green

Main Body: green

Shield and back wings: dark green

hehehehehe

After a lot of months, money, glued fingers... here is my macross frontier VF-25 basic model kits

snv30905.jpg

Aww man, you beat me to it!

Congratulations on your completion bro ;)

i'm sure no words can describe how it feels like

my collection is still missing the Ozma, damn...

but at least i have mickey mouse :p

Picture020-4.jpg

Aww man, you beat me to it!

Congratulations on your completion bro ;)

i'm sure no words can describe how it feels like

my collection is still missing the Ozma, damn...

but at least i have mickey mouse :p

Picture020-4.jpg

nice group.

contratulation!!!!!!!!!!

I will collect this now:

Super alto

Super mikhail

Super luca

Armored Ozma

I want to collect the boxes of supers and armored.

yeah, the box art itself is damn awesome

i would collect them if i could

unfortunately, all my stuff i bought as standalones

very tempted to get the super ozma vf-25s bundle,

which is still at 20% discount over here and nobody's buying :S

Edited by honkhet

Nice collections everybody! I have the 4 kits of the basic configuration plus the Super "F", waiting for the Armored "S"...but so far the only one assembled is the standard "F"...the others are still in their boxes until the day I can really put them together and clear coat them so the decals don't peel off. I don't have an airbrush, and so far heard of only 1 model builder using a rattle can...anybody else recommends that?

I'll chip in to also say "Great Job" guys! They look beautiful.

I've got my Alto pretty much finished, and just keep chipping away at small details as I get the time. These "models" really do look great, and are a godsend for the less talented modellers among us (ie; me). I have a Luca and a Michael on the way, along with some action bases for the lot of them. I don't know that I'll get the Ozma anytime soon, somehow the S model just doesn't grab me.

At some point or another, I'll post up some pics. Party on. :)

i gotta agree, these model kits are "Godsend"

its the first model kit i ever built

am now working hard on applying water decals to replace my stickers.

gosh when you screw up on a water decal and theres no turning back,

the feeling is like dying a hundred times.

i really salute those who have worked with water decals successfully

Edited by honkhet

Hey, does anybody know if the new coming, Armored messiah valkyrie, would be able to put on and put off the armor with no necesity for replacing parts?

I don't want to (or I can't) spend so much money buying a normal valkyrie, a super valkyrie and a armored valkyrie so I was thinking on buying only the armored valkyrie and the set of super parts and try to someway making the armors attachable, like a toy.

Could that be possible?!! :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

ya just one month :D

here's some pics i took today after i got home from work

i have just finally finished applying waterslides for my mikhail super parts and sprayed top coat,

i think thats as far as i can go already, i'm very very tired

i hav to save my stamina for armored ozma

Picture027-5.jpg

here's one pic of luca's gerwalk mode

Picture054-2.jpg

and lastly, another alto robot mode pose :)

Picture056-2.jpg

man, armored ozma just cant come soon enough

Picture060-3.jpg

Edited by honkhet

Wow, this super 25G is awesome!!!

Great work honkhet & maximilian_jenius!

I'm another one who wants Armored Ozma kit desperately :wub:

Now Im working on RVF, and Alto´s Supermessiah is waiting turn. Then, i would fix my "old" 25S on fighter mode...

I hope the month and a half will be short

workbench.jpg

post-10806-1242263181_thumb.jpg

Seems like I'm the only one having trouble adjusting the legs with the superparts on in fighter mode. I know the lower leg is supposed to be bent downward at an angle but can anyone show me a photo of the legs in correct positioning in fighter mode?

[edit] Nevermind, I kinda-sorta figured out how to adjust the legs from going back to the 2nd super thread and looking at Alfye's photo gallery. I guess the diagram really was misleading...

Edited by shiroikaze

• 3 weeks later...

honkhet, you are really a fast builder of VF-25s! How long does it take you to assemble, decal and paint (clear coat I guess, I didn't notice any "metalization" of the skeleton) one of these Bandai Macross plamo?

usually takes me around 4 weekends each,

i js do a basic job of assembling, panel lining, minor painting, water slide decals + clear coating

out of which water slide decals and clear coating take up the most time (2-3 weekends)

assembly is like nothing once you have had enough practice :)

cant wait for the armored vf-25 and vf-27 for a new challenge...