Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

To attach the lower leg armor, you first have to remove the front and rear ankle collars from the VF-25 toy. Keep a zip-lock bag handy so you don’t lose them!

Is it really necessary to remove the ankle guards? This pic here from Toy's Daily shows the full armor VF with ankle guards on:

post-5445-1250057645_thumb.jpg

But man, what's up with Toy's Daily and upside-down armors :lol:

Is it really necessary to remove the ankle guards? This pic here from Toy's Daily shows the full armor VF with ankle guards on:

post-5445-1250057645_thumb.jpg

But man, what's up with Toy's Daily and upside-down armors :lol:

You have to remove it to "wear the leggings", then you put it back.

Just like (normally) you have to removes your shoes to wear pants~

Oh! I just thought that the ankle guards must be permanently off when the armor's on. Thanks for clarification.

Ah, I didn't notice that in the instuctions, well it was late and I was tired.

Anyway, it's good to know. I shall reattach mine tonight.

Graham

A couple more minor comments: -

1) the number of micro-missiles in the various pods differs from the model kit, which differs from the VF100s version, which differs from the anime, which differs from the lineart, etc, so on and so forth. :p Seems like Bandai can't make up their mind just how many missiles their should be in the Armored Pack....LOL!

2) As suspected. the lower front part of the intake armor is not hinged.

Ouch... seriously? So in addition to the hips being too high for battroid causing the LERX to get in the way when posing the legs, the alternative method of using the GERWALK joint to move the legs forward is not possible either? Speaking of which, doesn't that make GERWALK mode difficult to do as well?

The color of the armor has been bothering me a bit. The sculpt looks good though. I'll reserve final judgement when mine arrives.

Thanks for the informative reviews people! All I need to know is this:

Can the figure achieve a perfect transformation when the new neck piece is in place in battroid mode? That's really all I'm holding back for at the moment, as the rest of the figure looks killer!

Hmm... If I understand correctly from the instruction booklet, no.

As a side note, transformation is not "perfect" anyways. There are parts you need to remove (leg armors in particular) for some steps. And sometimes for easy handling you may want to remove the big backpack boosters first too.

I don't blame Bandai for this (I do hate them for the QC) because the transformation is already reasonably clean. Just that the little neck extension shouldn't be holding you back.

Hmm... If I understand correctly from the instruction booklet, no.

As a side note, transformation is not "perfect" anyways. There are parts you need to remove (leg armors in particular) for some steps. And sometimes for easy handling you may want to remove the big backpack boosters first too.

I don't blame Bandai for this (I do hate them for the QC) because the transformation is already reasonably clean. Just that the little neck extension shouldn't be holding you back.

I don't mind removing the armour when transforming it, but I do mind having to pop the head out everytime I go from fighter to battroid just so I can have a more decent looking robot...

Looking forward to transforming to battroid mode. I'm very interested to see how the crotch lock holds up to the extra weight and if it has been strengthened at all.

Graham

I'm eager to hear this to, as it could be the decider for me when it comes to buying this toy.

OK, I just transformed from armored fighter mode to armored battroid mode for the first time. The transformation was pretty painless and easy and quite quick.

I'm happy to report the toy can stand unsupported on its own without the display stand.

No incidents of premature crotch unlocking yet either. I haven't visually compared the crotch lock on the new toy with that of an older toy, to see if there is any physical difference, but the crotch lock on the new VF-25S does feel tighter.

How the joints and crotch lock hold up in the long-tem under the weight of the Armoured Pack, I don't know, only time will tell.

Two minor issues: -

1) The wing hinges are very loose on my toy and in battroid mode with the weight of the boosters, the wings actually want to swing forward sometimes.

2) While the toy can stand unsupported, it can take a little balancing to get it to do so, as the weight of the boosters makes the torso want to slouch back sometimes. Not so much that the toy will topple over, but just makes it look like it's leaning backwards.

Oh, and the right shoulder ball joint on the VF-25S was really tight. I was afraid something was going to snap when I was rotating the shoulder.

Anyway, here's a few quick pics snapped at night in my bedroom, both with and without the display stand.

Graham

post-11-1250089229_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089259_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089298_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089326_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089379_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089427_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089501_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089573_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089645_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089709_thumb.jpg

post-11-1250089798_thumb.jpg