Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.5

azrael

Last thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=29174

Yes, We've had that many posts.

Last post:

you mean gloss?

I just got my VF-25G from Vinnie during my lunch, looks pretty sweet so far. No paint mess ups that I can find right now. I was sort of surprised it came with both standard gunpod and the sniper rifle, so yeppie!

I'll show it off later tonight.

Hi Guys

I am thinking on buying one of these, not sure which one though....and only have budget for one (well I guess none really :rolleyes: )

I am in between the G and the F. I like the look of Michael with the super packs but I am a little worried about quality since I've heard quite a few people complaining abut it

any thoughts? can anybody who own both give me his opinion?

thanks much!!

Hi Guys

I am thinking on buying one of these, not sure which one though....and only have budget for one (well I guess none really :rolleyes: )

I am in between the G and the F. I like the look of Michael with the super packs but I am a little worried about quality since I've heard quite a few people complaining abut it

thanks much!!

yeah me too... plan to get the re-issue F and the G in a couple of months... particularly interested in how many have the groin connector problem, as i will probably display them in b-mode most of the time... thanks...

Hi Guys

thanks much!!

I only have the G, but I wouldn't buy the F for a few reasons. First, I don't like the styling or the color scheme. That's personal opinion though, so doesn't bear on your question. The big advantages of the G is that it comes with a crap-load of extras, since it's bundled with the super packs, a stand AND you get his unique sniper rifle on top of the standard rifle and knife. Just seems like a better value to me. Same reason I'm not getting any S-type other than the Full Armor version.

I wouldn't say that the "loose" hip connector would be a reason to avoid the G. It's pretty easy to fix if you do have it.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Okay question super pack owners. I've pretty much got everything on, but the parts that cover the legs intake area "hips" don't stay on or seem to be connected to anything. So what keep them on? They tend to fall off the valk with the lightest of touch.

Okay question super pack owners. I've pretty much got everything on, but the parts that cover the legs intake area "hips" don't stay on or seem to be connected to anything. So what keep them on? They tend to fall off the valk with the lightest of touch.

Try blu-tack...

They suppose to clip on, but it's pretty weak most of the times.

Hi Guys

thanks much!!

Dude, you've already read the opinions of those who've bought the toy. Only you can make up your own mind. :-)

New pics of Ozma with super parts at Gamu.

Hi! Can anyone translate that portion which shows the head being raised up? Is that a custom job? Or does the longer neck ball joint come with the super pack? Thanks!

Hi! Can anyone translate that portion which shows the head being raised up? Is that a custom job? Or does the longer neck ball joint come with the super pack? Thanks!

It's not a custom job mine has been able to do that since day one, you just have to fiddle with it to get it right.

hi guys, js wanna ask if the tail fins are in the way of the super parts after burners?

10-1.jpg

DSC_4943-1.jpgDSC_6931-1.jpg

if it really is,

i have nothing more to say about the DX,

cos this is really the last straw

Edited by honkhet

It doesn't cant out as far in the lineart. But I guess thats just being picky. You could always just not fold them out as far and it'd work =P

Actually, that's as far out as the tail fins can go on the DX. It can't fold any farther from the verniers. I doesn't bother me the slightest though.

Dude, you've already read the opinions of those who've bought the toy. Only you can make up your own mind. :-)

Oh so true my friend. Why does everyone look for such an easy way out of making their own decisions ;)

I know the gloss finish is making it easier for the tampo printing to flake off... but damn does it look good.

it does? I must have missed this if it was said previously. Damn...well...I'll get a Luka version still.

Oh my, how unforgivable! Especially on a toy! :mellow:

::EDIT::

Sorry, I meant :lol:

Too good! :lol:

Ok I'll add some pics of my new DX 1/60. I really like these, they have lots of playability to them.

THANK YOU for the pics of Luka! You just made me want this valk that much more! I cannot wait till I can afford it. WAY to expensive.

My super parts for alto are waiting at home, I won't get to open them for a while. Has anybody else opened theirs? I hope mine do not have the missing triangle problem.

I should be posting a review on mine tomorrow. I hadn't heard anything about a missing triangle though, what piece are you talking about and how many people have had a problem with it?

I should be posting a review on mine tomorrow. I hadn't heard anything about a missing triangle though, what piece are you talking about and how many people have had a problem with it?

Can't wait to see your review. I am always impressed by them.

hi guys, js wanna ask if the tail fins are in the way of the super parts after burners?

10-1.jpg

DSC_4943-1.jpgDSC_6931-1.jpg

if it really is,

i have nothing more to say about the DX,

cos this is really the last straw

This is not how it's supposed to be. The boosters are attached improperly on the wings in these photos causing them to angle in a tiny bit. It's a very very easy mistake to make. You have to push the booster in on the spike a bit, it's a little scary and hard to explain, but if you do things properly that part becomes very hard to pop off or move left or right and the fins also are clear of the boosters. When my review goes up i have one pic of Alto's parts on with the fins clear (although there's a bit of a camera angle issue making it look as if one fin might be getting hit by the imaginary boost). My Luca review will also have a picture from behind of the GERWALK where you can clearly see there is no issue with the fins being behind the boosters.

Edited by jenius

This is not how it's supposed to be. The boosters are attached improperly on the wings in these photos causing them to angle in a tiny bit. It's a very very easy mistake to make. You have to push the booster in on the spike a bit, it's a little scary and hard to explain, but if you do things properly that part becomes very hard to pop off or move left or right and the fins also are clear of the boosters. When my review goes up i have one pic of Alto's parts on with the fins clear (although there's a bit of a camera angle issue making it look as if one fin might be getting hit by the imaginary boost). My Luca review will also have a picture from behind of the GERWALK where you can clearly see there is no issue with the fins being behind the boosters.

You're absolutely right! Pushing in the boosters at the prongs produces a small pop that makes them hang more tightly while steering them well away from the tail fins. Some quick snaps I took:

post-5445-1239518717_thumb.jpg

post-5445-1239518762_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the tip, jenius!

Thanks alot for the clarification jenius!

at least you made the effort to look into it,

instead of just brushing it aside

a VF-25 burning its own tail fins is really a horrifying sight

glad the smoke is cleared up now

Edited by honkhet

Here's more pix of my SMS Skull Squadron:

01.jpg

First, a cleaner shot of how I've put Luca's RVF-25 on the stand...

02.jpg

From the back - Gerwalk support struts do not interfere with fin antenna.

Regarding the tailfins getting 'burned' by the super pack... OK, I tried the angle-in click but it doesn't seem to be very stable. Anyway, doesn't bother me.

03.jpg

Here's the current gang in my preferred display modes.

04.jpg

And here's a guest! Wondering if Bandai will do a nicer VF100s edition of the Konig Monster... (yes, please!)

05.jpg

Totsugeki Love Heart!!!

06.jpg

Alto's corkscrew? Heh!

that's a fantastic display idea. what stand did you use for the inverted valk? looks like v-shaped acrylic. a brochure standee?

my alto superparts arrived yesterday, so i finally took the VF-25F out of the box. was too excited to slap on the superparts, so i didn't bother learning how to transform the valk. now i'm not sure if i i've missed a step as a couple of things seem to be off:

1. couldn't squeeze-in the crotch armor in fighter mode. is this supposed to be possible?

2. can't get the wingroot to level with the fuselage. i think it's because of the calf armor which doesn't seem to completely go through the spaces in the rear part of the fuselage. are the left and right calf armors interchangeable?

my hip armors seem to attach ok. not solidly, mind you, but not as loose as others have described. thing is, i think the hip armors conceal the nice detail of the intakes so i'm contemplating keeping them off.

though i haven't really played with it yet, this valk seems very solid, and looks damn good, with or without super parts.

Great review as always mate. Do you have the Luca version? If so, are you going to review that as well?

Glad you liked the post. I do have Luca and Michael and am just about done putting Luca through his paces. I was thinking I'd post some other toy before Luca though so people didn't complain I was bludgeoning them with VF-25 reviews... Maybe I'll do Luca next and then do something else before putting Michael up.