Anyone got a resin GBP or know where to get one?

eel_dahc

Anyone got a resin GBP or know where to get one?

I searched the site, looked through the newbies stuff. I couldn't find anything.

I want to get a GBP armor set for a Bandai 1/55 Valk.

If this is the wrong place to post this, please move it.

There are none on $bay.

Thanks,

Chad

Edited by eel_dahc

Silver has stopped making stuff for now. I bought the last of the GBP kits from him a while ago, Im sure that he may do them again but his life is really busy and I know he doesnt get much spare time for casting.

Recast is exactly what I want to do with one. I'm not wanting to sell them, but I could if there was a need. I just want one, well two for me then one for a friend and then who knows, maybe sell them or the molds. I've already made Transformer casts for various things with Smooth-On products and want to try my hand at a set of GBP. I also need a set of armor for a Jetfire to make copies of as well. My friend may have a set but he can't find them, so I'll wait for him with the benefit of the doubt.

If someone I knew had a set, I would borrow it, make the copies and then let the guy that lent it to me have a set or two for the burden. But, that won't happen because nobody I know has a GBP set.

Anyways, Thanks guys, I'll just have to keep my eyes open.

Guess what.

I just can't help myself. I've asked for quote for recasting materials from a local distributor. I hope it won't hurt the pocket very much.

Really? Have you done this before?

What I have used is SMooth on stuff. I get those sample packs and pour a good face then use regular old tube silicone, and or cut up peices of old silicone to strengthen things up on the backs.

The thing is though, the RTV they sale doesn't have that long of a shelf life, other companies may differ on that. I had bought a set a couple of years ago and didn't get around to doing anything for a few months because of college and when I did part A, or was it B, was like bubble gum.

Well, I hope that you enjoy it as it is very rewarding. Plus, you can then have as many as you wish. :-)