Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

Last thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28021

Last post:

In the VF-25F's head and gunpod. for the other parts of the VF-25F i used a Gundam Marker Mechanical Pencil (GNZGP01) wich is easier to remove (too easy at times).

The panel lines in the Ghost were done with Pro-Modellers Black wash.

I think this last one worked the best, the excess paint is removed with a papel towel (slightly moist, if necessary) and the lines are very crisp, even small detail, like rivets, show through.

I will still use the markers but only for smaller paint jobs. I'm not saying they're not a good product, but the Pro-Modellers wash makes panel lining a lot easier and quick, once you get the hang of it.

the model kit is so awesome, it deserves so much love...

i just cant believe its only the 3rd thread for it when the DX thread is already 54 pages on its 4th thread...

but then again, most of it is about complaints and inaccuracies :p

Ok, so I built the VF-25 Alto, just panel line, snap together, gundam marker, No painting.

Now I got the super parts.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to add the super parts to the kit I already built.

I dont read japanese and the the pictures are not self explanatory enough for me to figure out.

It was no problem building the messiah to begin with but I cant even get through the first step of the super parts.

Any advice?

I am tempted to source it out to someone who understands it.

Ok, so I built the VF-25 Alto, just panel line, snap together, gundam marker, No painting.

I can not for the life of me figure out how to add the super parts to the kit I already built.

I dont read japanese and the the pictures are not self explanatory enough for me to figure out.

It was no problem building the messiah to begin with but I cant even get through the first step of the super parts.

Any advice?

hi there, i am not sure where you got stuck,

would showing you pictures, of the parts that need to be removed, help a bit?

Picture051.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Any advice?

You basically have to disassemble the intake parts, the lower leg, and the chest area; looking at the photos that honkhet provided should help. If you have already stickered up your model kit, you have to carefully cut some of the stickers around the intake area so that you can dissemble it. Once that is done, you can build it up again with the Super parts. Hope this helps ;)

Whoa totally didn't see that. Awesome.

Is that a bundle though? or is it just the super pack? Wouldn't a super pack fit just the same on any other VF-25?

Edited by Cent

Whoa totally didn't see that. Awesome.

Is that a bundle though? or is it just the super pack? Wouldn't a super pack fit just the same on any other VF-25?

No idea... Probably the bundle, and I'm not sure if they will release a standalone. Afterall, neither Michael nor Luca ever mounted the Armoured pack. And Luca wont be compatible with the Armoured pack anyway.

edwin3060, you just made my day. Hope a standalone Armor Pack comes out, though. I've been saving Ozma for it. I already have to buy a 2nd VF-25F for the Super Parts and buying a 2nd Ozma is not in my plans... unless i absolutely have to. :lol:

Picture051.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Honket, I cannot tell from the pictures if you used the decals or the stickers, either way, did you clear coat your model and if yes, how? I only have 1 plain VF-25F finished, and decals are 60% partially damaged. Have the super pack combo F, RVF-25 and the plain S waiting in their boxes. Chasing after a plain G and then the armored S that our Singaporean blogger friend sighted...that would be my SMS squad, but Pixies adn Antares would be welcome too! (when will I ever have so much time to build all these models?!!?)

Picture051.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Thank you for that. I will take a look at your pics and a look at my model and then try to follow the instructions from there.

So I do not have to take the Fuselage apart?

I dont mind either way if they release the armor pack as standalone or bundled with Ozma. I bought and assembled only Alto with this possibility in mind. I'm not about to take my Alto apart either to fit super/armor packs. I will mind if they make it another exclusive deal >_>

Also, I would personally like to fit the armor pack on Michael, since I'm not a big fan of Ozma's giant back decal, that will just get shredded by the armor pack anyway. So hopefully things will work out and i can get Michael and the Armor pack separately.

I´ve received Mikhail kit today!!!

I have already assembled the rifle and head.

I thought that the rifle would be heavier but it isn´t, is a very very good molded and detailed piece.

Head unit needs a lot of work to make it well, i´ve used water decals on it, but paint is necessary to achieve the best results.

Front landing gear fuselage comes molded in white, needs a dedicated sticker to turn blue or paint to achieve best results.

Nothing else for the moment

Edited by alfye

I´ve received Mikhail kit today!!!

I have already assembled the rifle and head.

I thought that the rifle would be heavier but it isn´t, is a very very good molded and detailed piece.

Head unit needs a lot of work to make it well, i´ve used water decals on it, but paint is necessary to achieve the best results.

Front landing gear fuselage comes molded in white, needs a dedicated sticker to turn blue or paint to achieve best results.

Nothing else for the moment

Isn't the bottom of the front fuselage (the front landing gear fuselage, as you call it) supposed to be white?

VF-25S ArmoredMessiah Ozma Type available on June!!!! Regular price: 8000yen

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10087902

Isn't the bottom of the front fuselage (the front landing gear fuselage, as you call it) supposed to be white?

I doubt it edwin3060. The manual appears in blue, but in lineart appears completely white :blink:

post-10806-1238663492_thumb.jpgpost-10806-1238666863_thumb.jpg post-10806-1238666874_thumb.jpg

post-10806-1238663521_thumb.jpg

Fuselage part:

post-10806-1238668341_thumb.jpg

Dedicated sticker:

post-10806-1238668354_thumb.jpg

I prefer completely white, It is easier and nicer to me

Edited by alfye

VF-25S ArmoredMessiah Ozma Type available on June!!!! Regular price: 8000yen

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10087902

I doubt it edwin3060. The manual appears in blue, but in lineart appears completely white :blink:

post-10806-1238663492_thumb.jpgpost-10806-1238666863_thumb.jpg post-10806-1238666874_thumb.jpg

post-10806-1238663521_thumb.jpg

Fuselage part:

post-10806-1238668341_thumb.jpg

Dedicated sticker:

post-10806-1238668354_thumb.jpg

I prefer completely white, It is easier and nicer to me

Thanks for the link to the Armoured! So the lineart shows it as white, but the model kit shows it as blue? Personally I'd go with the lineart then-- it matches the scheme of the other VF-25 kits, with the entire bottom section being lighter in colour.

With all the mistakes creeping into the DX toy line, maybe some mistakes are occuring with the model kit line too :( Ironically the toy has it coloured correctly, with the underside of the fighter being white.

Edited by edwin3060

i'm one of those guys who prefers it white :D

its going to be the 4th model i'm making,

but till now i still couldn't figure out where the hell these stickers go:

10082659n6.jpg

i dont think i saw it mentioned in the instructions either,

anyone can help me? :huh:

10082659n6.jpg

The big white one on the right wraps around the "crotch" piece (Part F-1)

The 2 purple on the top left are used to "color" the clear forward sensors (Part A-9) if you choose not to tint them

The green in the middle is the green sensor on the gunpod

The 2 green ones on the bottom left are used to "color" the clear eyepiece (Part A-22) if you choose not to tint it

10082659n6.jpg

They are mentioned in the black&white building instruction. Base on the regular set instruction, you can find them in step 1<5>, 2<2> etc.

IMG_0098.jpg

Oh Shiii~ baby I really want that kit!

Does Luca's Ghosts have any visual differences between evil red one Ghost from Macross Plus, or a Battle Galaxy defenders Ghosts fleet? And can I build an Alto plane (maybe, using an epoxy putty and some sandwork) from Luca's? It has head only for this type?

I really want these pretty 3 Ghosts (even only one, just for collection) and VF-25 (in one box, about 65$ for all of this :rolleyes: ), but another one VF-25 except Luca's - I dislike his character and don't wanna his stupid green AWAKS plane. Or maybe I should better search anyone selling his Ghosts from this kit on ebay or somewhere else? :wacko:

Hey guys I was just wondering how you would effectively mask the radar dish on Luca's VF to paint the white edges. I normally use the tapes but can already see the agony I would be in and have also considered using blu tac but then the edges are not as sharp and defined. At the moment nothing is coming to mind so please help enlighten a fellow model enthusiast.

Edited by onderon

http://shop.hobbyist-inc.com/online/detail...e=4543112587657

prototype pics of the armored ozma for those who hasn't seen it yet. I'm drooling to be honest.

That prototype kicks all kind of @ss. Awesome sculpt. Just hope they sell the Armored Pack as a standalone cause i gotta have it, even if i have to buy it with the 25S.

Thank you for that link.