"Robo War" Picture

Starchild

post-248-1238466534_thumb.jpg

This has always been one of my favorite Macross images. I first saw it back in the '80's when it was labeled "Robo War" ROBOTECH back in the day - but it MUST have existed before HG used it for posters and box sets.

Anyone know where it originated from and where I might get a really high rez scan of it?

Thanks

-Star

Its probably from a menko card sort of product, or one of Ohsato Toy & Hobby's products. They had a lot of deco in that style.

Alternately, it may have been from an anime magazine of the period. Those got a lot of excellent, original art.

I "have" it... though it has the huge "Robotech" title and fades to dark on top... It's basically a page from my 2002 ADV catalogue.

[edit]Here's a preview, I can't seem to upload the bigger image :( I can upload it somewhere else if you still want it.

Original Image Size: 2199 x 3156; Image scanned at 300 dpi.

It's not exactly what you wanted unfortunately...

post-10165-1238535113_thumb.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze

I "have" it... though it has the huge "Robotech" title and fades to dark on top... It's basically a page from my 2002 ADV catalogue.

[edit]Here's a preview, I can't seem to upload the bigger image :( I can upload it somewhere else if you still want it.

Original Image Size: 2199 x 3156; Image scanned at 300 dpi.

It's not exactly what you wanted unfortunately...

TY - but yeah - I was hoping the get the raw untouched pic - its a great scan though, Ill keep it anyway.

Anyone know where it originated from and where I might get a really high rez scan of it?

Thanks

-Star

This was originally a poster and was found in the issue of My Anime, December 1982. It is a jumbo fold-out poster and there's a little bit more at the bottom than previously seen on Robotech posters. Scanning it would be tough since its a fold out poster and has lots of creases. There are a few collectors that have the poster, I am one. If I can find a good technique for photographing folded poster, I'll get you a nice big pic.

Macross posters thread can be found in the Collectors section: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=42

Pretty sure that's among the paintings for Macross model kits/video releases/et cetera that got recycled a million times, possibly one of the Toshimichi Suzuki ones. Suzuki is probably better known as the president of Artmic.

Its too nice to be Suzuki's IMO. The original My Anime poster is signed "SToshi" not ARTLAND like the Robotech posters.

This was originally a poster and was found in the issue of My Anime, December 1982. It is a jumbo fold-out poster and there's a little bit more at the bottom than previously seen on Robotech posters. Scanning it would be tough since its a fold out poster and has lots of creases. There are a few collectors that have the poster, I am one. If I can find a good technique for photographing folded poster, I'll get you a nice big pic.

Macross posters thread can be found in the Collectors section: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showforum=42

Can you or anyone scan it hi-rez in separate sections?. I will photoshop and repost Scans of the separate sections would be PERFECT!

here is the full image - scroll down to the bottom. its the FULL image.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...28705&st=20