A.R.M.D. In Paper

RedLion

• 2 weeks later...

Fire up the printer :)

Thanks for that. Going to the card shop now :)

Edit:

Papercard got and printed.

Note for A4 printers it is necessary to use shrink to fit. When Printed it looks great though and no distortions etc.

Thanks Brian

If I can build the original I may be tempted to up scale it into plastic :)

Edited by big F

Amazing. I think the only way Macross Fans will see dreams come true is through other Macross fans. It's my hope to see someone build a huge SDF1, or a larger scale VF1, and someone probably will....eventually.

Edited by peter

I'm Surprised no one has said this yet, but when are you going to start work on the SDF-1 that we can attach it too ^_^

*awaits beating*

Not sure was trying to start it last year 2008 to much stuff to do to focus on it at the moment. I wanted it to transform accurately, however couldn't find good images showcasing how things slid out of each other and maintained their scale. Lots of anime magic on this spaceship tp make it transform. Even Yamato's version is not entirely anime accurate. Oh well! Give me some time... :unsure:

I'm gonna start printing, then scoring some styrene, and try to get this puppy done.

Cool! Go for it can't wait to see your results! It would be fun to do one 1/60th scale (Super Detailed) and attach the launch arm that one of the other modelers is building (Sorry forget the name), and have it on display at the Air and Space Museum! I think kids and adults would go nuts!

Oh Well just a thought? :blink:

Hi,

this is my first post here, great site by the way.

recently just got "affected" by this papercraft thingy, and there is no cure for it.

And thank you Brian for the great work. (I just download it) :p

No Problem! Have fun! sorry for he lack of instructions.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I just saw this thread pop back up.

I no longer work for the company whose art dept did all the large scale printing. Although I do know some one who may be able to help.

We have the PDF further up this thread but really need the cut diagram or a nice vector version.

Sadly my original card one got trashed during one of my house moves. :(

I suppose I could start again.

24.6 feet

Thanks EXO!

I was thinking making one of this ARMD and have all my valks on deck, and using earth magnets to make the ARMD seem like it's levitating, but there’s no way I have 25 feet of space for display. Even if it’s in 1/120 scale, still a bit too big, but possible.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

Thanks EXO!

I was thinking making one of this ARMD and have all my valks on deck, and using earth magnets to make the ARMD seem like it's levitating, but there’s no way I have 25 feet of space for display. Even if it’s in 1/120 scale, still a bit too big, but possible.

LOL... Reminds me of the time I had the idea of making a 1:1 Gunpod... when I saw that it was 22 ft. in length, the idea left my head so fast, my eyes where spinning sideways.

At 1\350 it is only 4.2 feet long and would be in scale with alot of the other 1\350 goodies out there.

You could make the insides capable of storing stuff, or hide your pets in it.

• 3 months later...

Right seeing this thread po up again and recently looking into Pepakura versions of the ARMD, this is by far the better option. As I have not got the illustrator version of this build, I'm going to get the PDFs into work and see if I can convert them into something we can work with. We have some software that may help.

I also have a friend who says we can get them printed onto styrene, in what ever size we want. He runs a signage company who print on vinyl and PVC and styrene. So if I can get it worked out I could get a price for an order.

Edited by big F

Right seeing this thread po up again and recently looking into Pepakura versions of the ARMD, this is by far the better option. As I have not got the illustratorbversion of this build, I'm going to get the PDFs into work and see if I can convert them into something we can work with. We have some software that may help.

I also have a friend who says we can get them printed onto styrene, in what ever size we want. He runs a signage company who print on vinyl and PVC and styrene. So if I can get it worked out I could get a price for an order.

If he can get it printed at 1/350 (about 5 foot long by three foot wide) I would be very interested in one for a gaming table centerpiece.

Edited by AndrewDrexler

I am still in the process of getting this thing transferred into a vector format. So will have to work out its scale as printed in the A4 version. Once done I could work out the print size and then find out the cost etc.

If you are State side, my friend has industry contacts there so he might be able to sort out a printer more local. Other wise the envelope I think the envelope might be quite big :)

I am still in the process of getting this thing transferred into a vector format. So will have to work out its scale as printed in the A4 version. Once done I could work out the print size and then find out the cost etc.

If you are State side, my friend has industry contacts there so he might be able to sort out a printer more local. Other wise the envelope I think the envelope might be quite big :)

I would pay good money to get a picture of my mail lady having to try to carry it... she is tiny and is not much taller than 5 foot tall herself lol.

I am state side so any chance to avoid international shipping would be grand lol.

I would pay good money to get a picture of my mail lady having to try to carry it... she is tiny and is not much taller than 5 foot tall herself lol.

I am state side so any chance to avoid international shipping would be grand lol.

An image has just popped into my head. A lady like a younger version of the mum in stop or my mom will shoot, dressed in a USPS uniform with a giant brown manilla envelope struggling up the drive.

• 2 weeks later...

1/350th would be cool, but what would the actual size be for this? The lengths mentioned in Macross publications are often wrong. - MT

Looking around on the net I find several instances of it being 430 or 450 meters long. In 1\350 that works out to be 4' and 4'2" (and change, but let’s keep working with whole numbers). In 1/285 (6mm) scale, it works out to 4'11" or 5'2".

At that size owning a scale one is pretty much a pipe dream, but would be so awesome.