1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

Been a long time since I've posted anything here or on the forums for that matter. I lurk from time to time, but not enough to see all the mass Macross goodness that has come out. Photography and RC cars have been my addiction as of late. But I have got to get back to collecting...1/3000 SDF-1...REALLY??? :blink:

Anywho, here some of my favorites. Love my 1/60 v2's, but I'm still a 1/48 junkie! Give me scale!!!

gallery_7126_36_1381614.jpg

gallery_7126_36_1202722.jpg

gallery_7126_36_2338287.jpg

gallery_7126_36_1483907.jpg

gallery_7126_36_94075.jpg

gallery_7126_36_3018143.jpg

gallery_7126_36_291936.jpg

Holy Cow Macrossman!!! Just where did you pick up those 1/48 TV Max and Kakizaki customs from, were they Yamato online exclusives?

These are the Yamato online exclusives. Max was picked up through a group buy here and Kakizaki from another member here that decided to part with his.

Are those by kurt? Btw love the colours chosen Skull Squadron's fastpacks. :D

Skull Squadron and Minmay Guard was done by Kurt. Blue Rose Squadron and the other Minmay VS (forgot the name ;)) was done by Jung. I have several more done by these guys but I could never take them out their boxes! I even have Jung's original 1/48 strike cannon fodder still sitting in the box :p

Great pics guys!!

It makes me wanna go further in debt...don,t make me :p

Has anyone got some up and coming pics to share??It,s my favourite reason for logging on!!

I think the VF-1J HCM would look alot better with the 1/60 V2 VF-1J Ichijo.

i'll have both of those in about a week from today or so (1/23/11)

and i'll be posting pics here...

i'll have both of those in about a week from today or so (1/23/11)

and i'll be posting pics here...

- EDIT; 1/25 11 -

hey there, gang.

here's my old 1/72 variable VF-1s, both of which i had picked up at a collector's toy shop in PORTLAND, OR.

("Billy Galaxy" LONG GONE, AFAIK)(TAKE THAT BACK, HE'S STILL AROUND: http://www.billygalaxy.com/index.html )

in a trade deal, back around 2001/2002ish.

i had a moderate sized lot of TRANS FORMERS that i did not want, and B. GALAXY had an unbuilt variable IMAI VF-1A

and built-up but unpainted BANDAI variable VF-1S that i very much wanted at the time.

he traded me a value of $125.00 credit in his shop, and i used it for both of these kits, in addition to a handful of other items.

i recently picked up an unbuilt REVELL/CEJI ROBOTECH "VEXAR" IMAI VF-1S repackage, due to sentimental reasons,

and decided to combine it with the finished BANDAI 1S to make myself a bit of "sentimental fanservice"

like i said, i painted and decaled that built-up 1S, and hung on to the IMAI VF-1A until about four years ago,

during a boring period, when i went ahead and built it up.

here are the results, though surely nothing to wet one's pants over...

1-72REVELL-BANDAIVF-1SJOHN1.jpg

1-72REVELL-BANDAIVF-1SJOHN2.jpg

1-72REVELL-BANDAIVF-1SJOHN3.jpg

1-72IMAIVF-1AJOHN1.jpg

1-72IMAIVF-1AJOHN1a.jpg

1-72IMAIVF-1AJOHN2.jpg

1-72IMAIVF-1AJOHN3.jpg

1-72IMAIVF-1AJOHN4.jpg

the worst things about these are that whoever had built the 1S had installed the die-cast MAIN landing gear

backwards, so i had to pry the legs open to fix that. further, he/she had ALSO managed to glue one of the two

said bays shut, and i had long since busted the hinge, i had thought irreparably, in order to fix the gear.

years later, i returned to it, and managed to rebuild a fully functional hinge into the door.

i had applied the included fully unused decals on the 1S, and sealed them in with

some of my father's old dullcoat lacquer, which, as you might have noticed, has rather yellowed badly

in ten years...

now the IMAI VF-1A i built from the parts-runner up.

i attempted to do as good a job on it as i knew how, however, i was forced at the time to implement

some rather questionable flat white paint that dried with a decidedly ugly finish, ruining any chances

if anything evenly remotely approaching a semi-pro like paint job.

to hell with that, i decided, and just finished the damned model. i started decal application,

and, after somehow barely managing to successfully apply the "PILOT-MAX-GENIUS"

on either side of the finished canopy, i couldn't get the U.N. SPACY kite emblems to take hold,

and they got ruined.

i gave up on the old decals, and left the model as-was, until i found that, after finishing

decal application on my YAMATO 1/60v.II, that there were just enough of the right types of decals

left on it's sheet to fully replace the bad waterslides on that old IMAI 1A.

the result, of course, was seen up above...

Edited by Shaorin

i recently picked up an unbuilt REVELL/CEJI ROBOTECH "VEXAR" IMAI VF-1S repackage, due to sentimental reasons,

and decided to combine it with the finished BANDAI 1S to make myself a bit of "sentimental fanservice"

From someone who can relate, these are awesomeness! I believe for many of us members, sentiment is a big factor in our delight with this hobby.

Yeah, brings me back to the Bronx in 1987 when I used to walk from LIttle Italy all the way up Fordham Road to Odd Lot off of Kingsbridge Ave and pick up some of them Revell brand Robotech models. They were only $3.99 back then.

From someone who can relate, these are awesomeness! I believe for many of us members, sentiment is a big factor in our delight with this hobby.

I still have some of the Bandai Reissue Imai Model kits with the exception of the VF-1J max Super Valkyrie and the VF-1A Cannon fodder Super Valkyrie. I threw them away because they were becoming a real pain to clean the dust off, plus the decals were peeling and flaking off, and I didn't do a good job of painting them accurately. And it's just that I upgraded to Yamato's, that I didn't need them anymore, still have the 1S Super though.

i just don't get it. what's with the drama? we're all Anime fans of various degrees here, are we not? please take a chill pill...

Look, no offense... I get that you're into them and that's cool that it works for you. But you've been putting pictures of that into pretty much every thread you participate in, regardless of whether it has anything to do with the topic. And for the record, this isn't a generic toy and figure thread, it's a thread specifically for Macross toys and that doll is not.

People have asked you to stop. Mods have asked you to stop. Please show some courtesy for the other members of this board and limit pictures of your dolls and AV equipment to the appropriate threads.

(EDIT; One more time, from the top;)

The Best of Then, and the Best of Now (1986 BANDAI 1/72 High Complete Model and 2008 YAMATO 1/60v.II VF-1J Ichijo T.V. ver.)

VF-1JIchijoTVcollection2-9-111.jpg

VF-1JIchijoTVcollection2-9-112.jpg

VF-1JIchijoTVcollection2-9-113.jpg

VF-1J1-60vII-1-72HCM4.jpg

VF-1J1-60vII-1-72HCM5.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn2-8-117.jpg

and there it is; the best VF-1 Scale Replica of the 20th century, (arguably) alongside the best of the 21st. (also arguable )

i just added the HCM to my small VF-1 collection, due to it's strong resemblance

to the IMAI/BANDAI 1/72 parts-forming model kits. of which, the VF-1S version was actually directly responsible

for getting me into VF-1s and MACROSS in the first place, by way of the CEJI/REVELL

ROBOTECH DEFENDERS "VEXAR" U.S. repackage of the VF-1S.

in the late eighties, a cousin of mine, that i got to see on a regular basis,

gave me the "VEXAR" that he had built up and painted (VERY badly)

and despite the fact that i was a rather immature and destructive child

at the time, that VF-1S model had managed to stick in my head despite the very

short time it lasted in my hands.

it wasn't until 1993/94ish that i got another chance with the VF-1, though,

in the form of an ARII 1/100 GERWALK model of the VF-1J Ichijo T.V.

from there, there was no turning back for me, i was a MACROSS fan.

so, in summation, i consider the VF-1S/VEXAR of my foggy childhood memories

my very first VF-1, however short a lifespan it had in my hands,

and that ARII GERWALK model my first "proper" VF-1, and the one that

finally and ultimately struck MACROSS fandom within me.

this is, why, despite some initial aversion to paying as much for the ancient and

imperfect HCM as most YAMATO VF-1v.IIs sell for, i went ahead and took the plunge;

because i consider the HCM to be the perfect amalgamation of my first two experiences with the VF-1

into one cohesive, powerfully nostalgic toy-like model...

Edited by Shaorin

• 1 month later...

Finally transformed my Max 1J back into fighter mode and placed him on one of my stands that had my VF-11B on and paired him with Millia.

100_0592-1.jpg

100_0593.jpg

100_0594.jpg