1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

Didn't look 1/60 scale standing next to the VF-0 and in front of the YF-19 to me

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Yeah, it is officially stated as 1/60 scale. Unfortunately, it is a tad shorter than it should be. I partly attribute it to the hips being attached too high up so it loses a couple cm in height. Otherwise it would be closer to the stated scale, height-wise. It probably also looks small because it's a thinner VF overall than prior designs.

Blobular as the pilot may be, it still doesn't beat the blobiness of candy corn Guld that came with the 1/72 YF-21 w/ FP :)

That looks great. Did you use any decals from somewhere else or were they all ones that came with the toy? The reason I ask is the decal/sticker between the upper "INTAKE" arrow and the maneuvering thrust nozzle doesn't show up on the 1/48 version of the sticker sheet and I've only seen it on Hasegawa models or Anasazi decal sheets.

Yeah, it is officially stated as 1/60 scale. Unfortunately, it is a tad shorter than it should be. I partly attribute it to the hips being attached too high up so it loses a couple cm in height. Otherwise it would be closer to the stated scale, height-wise. It probably also looks small because it's a thinner VF overall than prior designs.

Blobular as the pilot may be, it still doesn't beat the blobiness of candy corn Guld that came with the 1/72 YF-21 w/ FP :)

the 1/72 yf-21 was years and years ago man...

compare the DX to any recent macross toy pilot,

even compare the DX pilot to the 1/72 vf-25 model kit pilot.

frankly... did bandai have to make the pilot look like that to make the toy durable?

at least it actually HAD a pilot... :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

Finished weathering and stickering my Hikaru 1A and Focker 1S. I'll post some without Fast-Packs and transformed pics tomorrow :)

post-740-1238648887_thumb.jpg

Yo weezil, did you do any panel lining on these or does the weathering "stuff" create this effect?

That looks great. Did you use any decals from somewhere else or were they all ones that came with the toy? The reason I ask is the decal/sticker between the upper "INTAKE" arrow and the maneuvering thrust nozzle doesn't show up on the 1/48 version of the sticker sheet and I've only seen it on Hasegawa models or Anasazi decal sheets.

They are actually from some Anasazi 1/60 1.0 decals that I never used.

Yo weezil, did you do any panel lining on these or does the weathering "stuff" create this effect?

I actually panel line them twice, then wash. First with a pencil to find the lines, then with a gundam marker. I tried it without doing that first on the VF-1D, but they didn't look as good. So I went back over them with a gundam marker.

I actually panel line them twice, then wash. First with a pencil to find the lines, then with a gundam marker. I tried it without doing that first on the VF-1D, but they didn't look as good. So I went back over them with a gundam marker.

What did you use to clean up the excess from the gundam marker? :huh: Gundam marker won't come off the V2 1/60's with just spit like on the 1/48's because it's a different plastic.

-Kyp

What did you use to clean up the excess from the gundam marker? :huh: Gundam marker won't come off the V2 1/60's with just spit like on the 1/48's because it's a different plastic.

-Kyp

An eraser :D . Rub it on the carpet a few times to keep it clean.

its really great to see how a 1/72 collection looks! (1/60 is too common nowadays :p)

on top of that, its a reflection of a loyal macross fan,

that has followed the franchaise through the years.

myself, i only hoped on the bandwagon when the yamato 1/48 was halfway through and 1/60 macross zero toys just came out.

was previously a transformers fan, and a taste of macross toys made me realize...

anyway heres my contribution to this thread

a combination of the best 2 macross product lines right now (IMHO of course)

you just cant go wrong getting either of them

Picture025.jpg

Edited by honkhet

awesome pic glad u showed it here :)

dare i say, stealth vf-1j is the undisputed 2nd best 1/48 scheme

no. 1 belongs to vf-1a low vis ver1, of course

I love the stealth, even though he blends in to my backgrounnd ;).

I'll love it even more if I can get a replacement BP8 from overdrive :lol:

If Yamato makes a VF-1J Stealth I'll definitely be getting one, no quesiton asked :lol:. Non canon though it may be, it's by far my favorite paint scheme.

For sure. It is a beautiful valkyrie and if it comes with Super/Strike Parts....EVEN BETTER!

it has been mentioned in the 1/60 cannon fodder topic

that this scheme may not be made. was also hoping...

I did'nt see that. I will have to re read. I'm happy their coming out with a CF 1J as well. Too cool.