1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

Geez with only 23 post and pt. 3 gets closed. And I just pre-orderd the 1/60 Max 1S and the VF-11B Thunderbolt on HLJ lets hope to nail atleast 60 post this before getting closed, or did someone offend the moderator after their last post.

Geez with only 23 post and pt. 3 gets closed. And I just pre-orderd the 1/60 Max 1S and the VF-11B Thunderbolt on HLJ lets hope to nail atleast 60 post this before getting closed, or did someone offend the moderator after their last post.

Yep. I thought it was kind of odd. I was looking forward to posting pics of my 1/48 TV Max. Glad to see the topic "re-opened".

Yep. I thought it was kind of odd. I was looking forward to posting pics of my 1/48 TV Max. Glad to see the topic "re-opened".

your welcome B))

I didn't see anything off. strange that they would lock a thread at only half the length most threads end up going to the HotST. maybe somebody thought that it was redundent with the strike a pose thread, (which is odd considering how long both of them have been going on...)

@letigre lol i see a transformers animated shockwave in one of your pics. That's one of my fav animated characters, next to grimlock and blitzwing

I'd post a pic here but most of my collection is Transformers. I'm slowly transitioning to Macross but I'm already close to burning up my toy budget for the year :( Great pics guys!

dunno why.. but doesn't he seem too white to you lol 55.gif

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was actually talking with a co-worker yesterday about how much I liked the bright white paint scheme. I have a set of Yamato waterslide decals I had planned on using for the TV Max, but I like the clean look of the bright white and plan on keeping it as is.

I'll use the decals on something else. Besides that I haven't noticed many markings on the TV Max other than what I have seen on a Kurt custom. Not much even in the line art.

always nice to see the YF-21 in Gerwalk mode... ^_^

Honestly, since it arrived I only had it battroid, but a bout a week or so ago I just felt compelled to try Gerwalk- something my 1/72 was too floppy to ever do. It's absolutely stunning, I can see it staying that way for a long time.

And the only reason you don't see the 1/72 with the other two Yamato -21's is the last time I had it up, it flopped and toppled over taking out Lugnut. (Only leaving the latter with a scratch from the 5 ft fall.) I refuse to put them together again until I can tighten up some of it's looser bits.

Edited by Letigre

That 1D is bad ass! Looks like it has seen more battles than training! I don't mean this in a bad way, but what was your process because it does't look as it was "involved" as some of the other weathering that looks like it has been done by a someone with years of experience and an expensive hobby paint gun. Again, I don't mean that in a bad way. To me it looks as good, if not better than the others, but the weathering process on your 1D appears to be simple in nature. I could be totally wrong. I guess I am just hoping it is so that I might be able to do something like this to one of my Valks.

Thanks for the kind replies :)

I know it looks a bit rugged and not so trainer like. But Hikaru did plow through a building with it. I didn't make it as "gritty" as the other Valks I weathered simply because of how little action it saw.

I took a few quick shots of the others. As I mentioned the 1J is the only one totally complete. The other 3 have yet to be stickered.

post-740-1238279195_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238279201_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238279207_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238279218_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238279223_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238279231_thumb.jpg

MacrossMan, I weathered it with Promodellers wash and a lot or controlled removal and even used an eraser to blend it. Unfortunatly I don't have any good places to take pictures under natural lighting conditions in my house. So under the lamps, you really can't see the details like you can in person.

I'll try to find a way to get some better pictures.

Thanks for the kind replies :)

MacrossMan, I weathered it with Promodellers wash and a lot or controlled removal and even used an eraser to blend it. Unfortunatly I don't have any good places to take pictures under natural lighting conditions in my house. So under the lamps, you really can't see the details like you can in person.

I'll try to find a way to get some better pictures.

Thanks for the explaination. The pictures look fine to me and does show details. At first glance of the pics I thought to myself that the 1D looked like someone had written all over it with a pencil then tried to erase it; but damn does it look good! I mean it is perfect weathering in my opinion. It's not overly done and appears natural; or how a fighter might look with some aging. I'm not brave enough just yet to try this on one of my Valks, but it sure does inspire me to try my hand at a model.

As substantiated by the replies to the pics, I'll add my two cents and say GREAT WORK!!!

B))

Thanks again everyone :D

I'm happy the way they turned out. Which is good since I put many, many hours into doing them up this way. I spent at least 8 hours alone just stickering the 1D and 1J last night (Takatoys stickers so they need to be cut out). Not to mention all the weathering and some minor painting.

I tried some different lighting and took some more pics of the Hikaru 1J. I left the pics a bit bigger so the details can be seen a little more clearly.

post-740-1238290055_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290062_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290068_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290073_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290087_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290092_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290097_thumb.jpg

post-740-1238290111_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290121_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290028_thumb.jpg

post-740-1238290033_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290038_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290043_thumb.jpgpost-740-1238290048_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to add. As far as the weathering coming off. I have noticed it does a little. Not enough to cause any concern though. But it can just be re-touched up where necessary. I'm actually more concerned about the stickers, so the most I'm handling these is for the pics. After they are done with their photoshoot, it's off to the display case!

Edited by Rabidweezil

Thanks again everyone :D

I'm happy the way they turned out. Which is good since I put many, many hours into doing them up this way. I spent at least 8 hours alone just stickering the 1D and 1J last night (Takatoys stickers so they need to be cut out). Not to mention all the weathering and some minor painting.

I tried some different lighting and took some more pics of the Hikaru 1J. I left the pics a bit bigger so the details can be seen a little more clearly.

EDIT: Forgot to add. As far as the weathering coming off. I have noticed it does a little. Not enough to cause any concern though. But it can just be re-touched up where necessary. I'm actually more concerned about the stickers, so the most I'm handling these is for the pics. After they are done with their photoshoot, it's off to the display case!

Say bro, and I am not even blowing smoke up your arse, but that last pic could almost be CGI if it weren't for the VF decal on the left leg. The weathering skills are sick man! Awesome damn job man. If the market was strong enough, you could easily go into business today weathering Valks. I know I would have a few lined up for you.