1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

Well today I got my 1/60 Millia from ishop2go.com, after HLJ, Ami Ami, and Angolz sold out of them, and I almost go it on Ebay but it turned out to be a 1/48 Millia and not the 1/60. He should have updated that photo. But anyway as I opened the box and took out the fighter, things looked fine until I saw the canopy. I could tell that it was rainbow tinted on the inside, but on the outside was this cloudy film that made it difficult to see the inside with the canopy down. Any suggestion on how to polish that stuff off the exterior without doing some damage.

Millia-1J.jpg

100_2813.jpg

100_2811.jpg

100_2808.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Well today I got my 1/60 Millia from ishop2go.com, after HLJ, Ami Ami, and Angolz sold out of them, and I almost go it on Ebay but it turned out to be a 1/48 Millia and not the 1/60. He should have updated that photo. But anyway as I opened the box and took out the fighter, things looked fine until I saw the canopy. I could tell that it was rainbow tinted on the inside, but on the outside was this cloudy film that made it difficult to see the inside with the canopy down. Any suggestion on how to polish that stuff off the exterior without doing some damage.

Coat it with Future. It will make it nice and shiny.

know anywhere in the U.S. I can get it. I live in DE and I never seen it in stores, and if I get it should I use a cotton swab or a Q-tip?

know anywhere in the U.S. I can get it. I live in DE and I never seen it in stores, and if I get it should I use a cotton swab or a Q-tip?

Try Target or Walmart. It's sold now as Pledge with Future Shine floor finish. Somewhere in the cleaning products section I think.

If you still can't find it, then just order it from a store online.

Don't use a cotton swab. They can leave a lot of lint which you don't want on the canopy. Try using a small flat paint brush (ideally, use an airbrush if you have one).

Edited by MacrossJunkie

yeah, don't use cotton swabs. Personally what I'd do is take the canopy off the toy and dip the entire canopy in future.

just fill a dixy cup or something with future and the entire canopy into it. after you dip the part, rest it on some paper towels to wick away the excess future and cover the whole thing with a tupperware or bowl or something to keep dust from settling on it.

Will it damage the paint that's already on it?

Nope. Future is pretty safe and Yamato's paint is usually fairly durable anyway.

As for applying it, if you don't want the canopy frame super shiny, I would suggest going with the small brush method and coat just the clear parts with it. It's not very difficult to avoid the frame. But definitely go with Anime52k8's suggestion of covering it with a bowl, tupperware, or something to prevent dust from landing on it while it's drying and getting stuck on it. It takes about a half hour to dry completely.

Thanks a lot, but as for the stuff just where should I look for it it's not in stores like Target or supermarkets does hardware stores like Lowes or Home Depot carry them?

Thanks a lot, but as for the stuff just where should I look for it it's not in stores like Target or supermarkets does hardware stores like Lowes or Home Depot carry them?

I'm not sure if Home Depot or Lowes would have it or not. You could just buy some online if you can't find it in local stores.

Ace hardware does carry future(at least the one by my house does anyways), it should be with the cleaning products.

Also pick up a bottle of Windex while you're there. Hardware stores usually carry the good stuff (i.e. Windex that's still ammonia based) which is really good for cleaning, thinning and stripping future. Also it does a much better job of cleaning glass than the junk they sell at supermarkets B))

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice MM...Don't you have at least one other Minmay Guard custom? If you do you should photograph them together.

Looking at all of these kick ass custom Valks and killer displays makes my list of "one of these days I'm going to get one" get longer and longer.

-b.

After doing a custom modifiaction on my VF-1S super RMS-1 missiles as part of my first phase of customizing my TV Supers I got to doing Millia's missiles Max and my two CF's are nesxt but still have to work one Hikaru's verniers first.

Millias RMS-1 Missile tips repainted

100_3080-1.jpg

tools I used to make this possible.

100_3078-1.jpg

100_3077.jpg

finished result. And no it's not decaled yet still waiting for my takatoys decals to arrive.

100_3099.jpg

VF-1S Hikaru Super Valkyrie a work in progress.

100_3100.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Got Millia's verniers painted well almost all of them just getting started, got word from Eric that he will be sending the two remaining decals to me after he misunderstood my request.

100_3111.jpg

100_3110.jpg

Finished with the second phase of my customization which started out as test before I start on the VF-1S Hikaru Super Valkyrie, but it turned out fine. I just need to do one more thing, which is to darken the interior of the verniers with a ultra-fine marker that I have. But I finally got Millia decaled, next Hikaru and my two CF's. I wonder if my slight customs with get a spot on the custom page.

100_3112.jpg

100_3113.jpg

100_3114.jpg

100_3116.jpg

100_3117.jpg

100_3118.jpg

Finished with the second phase of my customization which started out as test before I start on the VF-1S Hikaru Super Valkyrie, but it turned out fine. I just need to do one more thing, which is to darken the interior of the verniers with a ultra-fine marker that I have. But I finally got Millia decaled, next Hikaru and my two CF's. I wonder if my slight customs with get a spot on the custom page.

100_3112.jpg

100_3113.jpg

100_3114.jpg

100_3116.jpg

100_3117.jpg

100_3118.jpg

Just when I thought improving Miria's Valk was impossible...

Great job!

Here a little something I'm working on while I'm recovering from surgery on my broken leg

Enjoy nightmare said you guys may like this.

SD

Woah, this is so awesome words can't express the joy of seeing it. Chance of seeing this great piece of work being make by Yamato should be close to zero..

*edit: didn't realise the add-on is onto yamato GBP. add-on looks like a natural extension to the GBP.

Edited by ryoshoko

Woah, this is so awesome words can't express the joy of seeing it. Chance of seeing this great piece of work being make by Yamato should be close to zero..

*edit: didn't realise the add-on is onto yamato GBP. add-on looks like a natural extension to the GBP.

I'm planning on making this kit with everything you see but still making change to it

We will see When I get well from surgery I'll plan on it. Glad you thought it was a great armor it's thunder hammer chest pieces but add neck piece and some other 2 pieces but the chest piece will be changing So we will see.

SD

Just when I thought improving Miria's Valk was impossible...

Great job!

hehehe nice..

let me return the favor before i go to bed.

Thanks ae just wait till I getto the others butI still have to deal with the Hiraru 1S Super Valk before I get to Max and the CF's. And Kicker, what happened to the photo you posted it's not there??

Millia Complete had a hard time fing my fine point marker after the ultra-fine marker just dried up on me and that was the first time I used it weird. Starting on Hikaru.

100_3191.jpg

100_3192.jpg

100_3193.jpg

100_3194.jpg

100_3195.jpg

VF-18S Hornet:

How do you like those clear new stands as oppose to the old Yamato stands? Do you have a preference on which one you like better?

They are great I can pose my Valkyrie in any mode, I had for the first time posed my TV.Roy in Gerwalk mode using the stand. If you're planning on getting some don't angle the holder too far down, the plane will tilt and fall.

Managed to finally make a second macross dedicated display, the first one if i posted it here last year.. here's how it looks so far.. with the exception of 2 1/60 Gundam Mechas, everythings from different Macross Series.. same with my first macross dedicated display. i don't want a cramp up display..

4979151606_dc7b819cb5_m.jpg 4978543767_0fde3bff2b_m.jpg 4978544219_2427bb2284_m.jpg

Edited by MaveRick