1/48+fp's, 1/60, And 1/72 Picture Gallery Pt 4

Hello all,

Here is my attempt at some dark pictures of my hiky tv version with blue

computer lighting from the deck, and artificial lighting from different angles.

Blue

post-12658-1273218566_thumb.jpgpost-12658-1273218572_thumb.jpg

post-12658-1273218579_thumb.jpgpost-12658-1273218584_thumb.jpg

Edited by Iceblue106

Finally have something to say here as my VF-1S just arrived.

Congratulations, and welcome to the club! I hope you are happy with your purchase.

Nice shots too! ^_^

Edited by BlueMax

Congratulations, and welcome to the club! I hope you are happy with your purchase.

Nice shots too! ^_^

Thanks BlueMax!!

Here is a few other shots I have tried B))

Blue

Same as before but with tundrayeti's wall detail and fast packs equipped.

post-12658-1273225659_thumb.jpgpost-12658-1273225666_thumb.jpgpost-12658-1273225677_thumb.jpg

And here are some shots in Gerwalk mode with fast packs equipped.

post-12658-1273225701_thumb.jpgpost-12658-1273225687_thumb.jpgpost-12658-1273225695_thumb.jpg

Nice shots too! ^_^

Thanks. I plan to make a full gallery of him like I oncedid with his 1:48 counterpart.

Yeah, I'm happy as hell, that was my biggest collector dream for the last 5 years :)

Only thing buggin me is that the sliding shoulder bars seem to be slightly cracked, so transforming from fighter to Gerwalk and back is risky... need to glue that perhaps.

And these are just refference pictures, I'll have a lot more fun with him when I make the gallery. :)

Did ya ever notice how in these threads we kinda seem like new parents (and grandparents) showing off pics of our kids?

"Ok here's little Hikky and Maxie in their fastpacks showing off in front of Roy at the rings of Saturn."

Or,

"Here's little Millia with her superpacks, aww isn't she just adorable, I could just gobble her up!!!"

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong but its one of those silly/cool things we do here. B))

Hell I got no room to talk I'm planning on posting a few more pics later, (if I ever get home that is.)

:lol:

Yeah.. I cant wait to get home.. :wacko: My huge shipment just arrived when I was getting ready for work. I wonder if the LV 1S will look good with teh clear fps.... hmmmm.. <_< I'll be posting pics as soon as I get home. <_<

Edited by Gunpod71

Saw these in Collection DX's review of the Project BM! Kaneda's Bike and I just thought that they had to be shared. Now if only it wasn't so expensive!

post-9075-1273294091_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1273294078_thumb.jpg

Review for the courious:

http://www.collectiondx.com/review/vehicle...bm_kanedas_bike

Edited by logos

For a while I've been wanting to do "photo-shoots" with all my Valks. This weekend I decided to give it a test. I picked the VE-1 as my first subject. I ended up with a lot of pics which I plan on uploading to the MW Gallery later. In the meantime here is a sample :)

VE-02-10.jpg

VE-02-24.jpg

VE-02-38.jpg

Saw these in Collection DX's review of the Project BM! Kaneda's Bike and I just thought that they had to be shared. Now if only it wasn't so expensive!

post-9075-1273294091_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1273294078_thumb.jpg

Review for the courious:

<a href="http://www.collectiondx.com/review/vehicle/project_bm_kanedas_bike" target="_blank">http://www.collectiondx.com/review/vehicle...bm_kanedas_bike</a>

I broke down and bought the figure and the bike. They should be arriving tomorrow :)

Akira is one of my all time fav feature length animes.

I have the kaneda and bike that Tod Mcfarlane made, but when I saw this it killed the other in my eyes lol.

I guess some of the Valk's I had on my list will have to wait now :(

For a while I've been wanting to do "photo-shoots" with all my Valks. This weekend I decided to give it a test. I picked the VE-1 as my first subject. I ended up with a lot of pics which I plan on uploading to the MW Gallery later. In the meantime here is a sample :)

I really like the weathering work you did on it. Let us know when you've uploaded your pics. I'd love to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Got my VF-1J Max on Wed. and got it all decaled up with the exception of the Kite logo on the boosters. Someone a while ago posted some pics of his VF-1J Max with a bigger Kite logo on his booster on this thread and I am too lazy to look it up. I just want the link of the website that sells them, he inspired me to do another custom job on this one like I did for my 1/48 counterpart.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that my Vermillion sqaud is complete thanks to some good advice on where to look to get Kakizaki from since others have discountued it or sold out. I can now present the completion of my T.V Vermillion Squadron.

post-269-127674970617_thumb.jpg

post-269-127674976964_thumb.jpg

post-269-127674979593_thumb.jpg

post-269-127674984139_thumb.jpg

post-269-127674993414_thumb.jpg

post-269-127674998533_thumb.jpg

post-269-127675000884_thumb.jpg

post-269-127675003697_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

I got a VT-1 this week. I was afraid one of the shoulder hinges would be cracked and unfortunately one was right out of the box. Hopefully I can get a replacement. It didn't keep me from admiring it though. It's my 2nd 1/60 VF-1 and my first with packs. They're really starting to grow on me.

I just finished spraying a matte clear coat on mine after doing some panel lining and weathering.

post-10222-127692210276_thumb.jpgpost-10222-127692210925_thumb.jpgpost-10222-127692211365_thumb.jpg

post-10222-127692211913_thumb.jpgpost-10222-127692212509_thumb.jpgpost-10222-127692212934_thumb.jpg

I got a VT-1 this week. I was afraid one of the shoulder hinges would be cracked and unfortunately one was right out of the box. Hopefully I can get a replacement. It didn't keep me from admiring it though. It's my 2nd 1/60 VF-1 and my first with packs. They're really starting to grow on me.

I just finished spraying a matte clear coat on mine after doing some panel lining and weathering.

I never really was a fan of the VT-1, but the job you did on the weathering really makes me want one. It sucks that you have to try and track down replacement shoulders but you really did a great with the customization.

-b.

Ask whomever you got it from to contact the manufacturer, like I did when mine broke from trans forming it for the first time. good job on the weathering.

Well, the one advantage to the VT-1 in terms of broken shoulders... I can't recall if we ever saw it use its arms in DYRL to begin with. :p It might have popped them out for a second during the rescue sequence, but it pretty much stayed in fighter or half-gerwalk for the entirety of the movie.

Nice job on the weathering too. :) I pretty much keep mine fresh out of the box, but I'm tempted to sticker mine up now. I don't know why I've got such a soft spot for the VT-1 honestly.. maybe it's just a thing for dedicated trainers.. or maybe it's one of those weird fantasies of being stranded on an abandoned planet with both a beautiful woman and a robot fighter plane at the same time. ^_^

Which reminds me, at some point I need to come up with stranded Hikaru and Misa figures for mine.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Ask whomever you got it from to contact the manufacturer, like I did when mine broke from trans forming it for the first time. good job on the weathering.

I sent an email to OverDrive last week but haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully they will get back to me soon.

Wow, your weathering work is incredible! Any chance of getting a quick tutorial on how to do it? I'm guessing Gundam pens for the panel lines? How do you do the weathering around the panels? Also, what matte spray do you prefer?

I've pretty much used the same methods as I have in the past. I try to avoid using gundam markers for panel lines. I don't like the results as it looks too heavy. Panel lines are done with Promodeller Dark Dirt wash mixed with dishwashing soap and painstakingly applied with a very fine paint brush. The result looks better as the lines are finer and not a constant solid line since the wash is just fine particles of dirt suspended in liquid.

Tamiya Weathering Master kits were used for the weathering. The burnt red from kit D blends in well with the beige and orange colors to make the areas look slightly darker. A bit of oil stain color from the same kit is blended in at varying amounts. I tear off the foam from a foam paint brush and use that to apply the colors. The foam can be folded and pinched while applying to achieve the desired thickness of the lines. A clean part of the foam is used to fade it. I try to keep the lines somewhat subtle.

I've tried different clear coats and so far haven't really settled on a favorite. For this one, I used a matte clear coat made by Krylon. It seems to be fairly durable.

I sent an email to OverDrive last week but haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully they will get back to me soon.

I decided to check mine after reading that yours had a crack, and it turns out I do too. And I got mine from a HK seller on eBay. =/

EDIT: Oh yeah, nice weathering job!

Edited by vendetta