We Remember Love

ghostlightning

We Remember Love isn't a fansite nor is it a review site. It's more of a place for critical explorations using anime as text. It just so happens that I'm a lifelong Macross fan (I saw SDF-Macross as a Philippine english dub in 1984: love at first sight).

Here are some sample posts:

TOP GUNS: Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory meets Macross Plus as Anime that Have the Most Love for Mecha

The Rape of Klan Klan

The Battle of Saturn's Rings: Great Battles in Anime History

macross-plus-isamu-vs-guld-the-beauty-of-dogfight-2.jpg

Remember Love with us!

Edited by ghostlightning

Welcome to the forum. I've been to your blog a couple of times before and thought you were a member here already.

I should've been a member of this forum ages ago, it'd have answered soooo many of my questions. Better late than never. Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope you enjoy reading my stuff.

These were awesome reads. I'm bookmarking your blog and Crusader's blog now :)

Thanks so much! Crusader's Macross Frontier coverage really lit a fire under my ass. Awesome propaganda. However, he really is an episodic blogger and won't be writing about Macross unless there's an ongoing show.

Hope to see you around in these forums or in the discussion/comments sections in my posts soon! ^_^/

Also check out:

100th Post: The Super Dimensional Journey of Love Remembered

Lafiel as my aspirations for Ranka

Kicking Reason to the Curb with Song

Edited by ghostlightning

I really enjoyed your blog, and even shared the Gendo Ikari piece at my Facebook, much to the enjoyment of a number of my friends.

Great work!

I'm embarrassingly overjoyed that you enjoyed reading, and thanks so much for sharing it with your friends. That piece, Someone's Showing a Bit of Character: Ikari Gendo of Neon Genesis Evangelion is one of my favorites. Will write more! ^_^/

New post! Relevant to our interests:

LISTEN TO MY SONG VOL. 8: [マクロスF]macross frontier 娘々スペシャルサービスメドレー(特盛り)(Ver.BeiJing Girl)

Excerpt:

In the banquet that is the finale of Macross Frontier, the main course is the Nyan Nyan Service Medley - a piece of music in excess of 6 minutes, scoring the final set-piece battle sequence with all kinds of excess going on. It’s a tremendous conceit, and a particularly Macross one. They pulled out all the stops in this one; and while even among Macross fans some may dislike it, I’m absolutely nuts about it.

In the Nyan Tama album (OST #3), we’re treated to a 12 minute version of this track. While some groaned at the exteme excess, I’m of the persuasion that the only thing better than this version would be a 20-minute one (with Fire Bomber covers). I had ambitions of learning to perform this song, but I’ve already been bested - by 4 little girls. [click above link to read more]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very cool! (It's nice to see Zero getting some appreciation...it really gets far too little.)

I would quibble with one thing, though...there IS a song of destruction ("Horobi no Uta")...it's the operatic piece that Sara and the Bird Human are singing throughout the final episode. It's also on the second soundtrack, all nine minutes of it. ^_^

Very cool! (It's nice to see Zero getting some appreciation...it really gets far too little.)

I would quibble with one thing, though...there IS a song of destruction ("Horobi no Uta")...it's the operatic piece that Sara and the Bird Human are singing throughout the final episode. It's also on the second soundtrack, all nine minutes of it. ^_^

Ah dang it. I should've known too! Since I have the soundtrack. I shouldn't have missed 'horobi.' Thank you very much for pointing this out! ^_^;;

• 3 weeks later...

New Post:

Macross II Lovers Again is On My Mind

[This post contains no spoilers]

After watching every single episode in the Macross canon¹, I watched the Macross II: Lovers Again. It’s remarkable in that the series creator Kawamori Shoji, did not participate in this project. Honestly, I expected it to be terrible. However I merely found it pedestrian and boring despite featuring many of the tropes that characterize the Macross franchise. While watching it, I got fixated on rooting out the impact of Kawamori’s absence. Continue reading ‘Macross 2: Lovers Again is on my mind (but does this count as remembering love?)’

ITP: Lots of love for Variable Fighters!