What about your 1/48's?

MacrossMan

i've owned quite a few of them over the years but only have a handful left. i still have them on display but my shelves are sparse since selling off the bulk of my collection, both lego and macross.

the new 1/60s 2 seaters have been calling my name but i'm a recovering valkoholic and trying to stay on the wagon.

While I think the new 1/60 is fine, I still prefer the 1/48 overall. I've never warmed up to the unsecured shoulders of the new 1/60 and I actually prefer the overall look of the 1/48. So my 1/48 is staying with me, while the 1/60 2.0 I bought has aleady been given the boot.

I still have one 1/48. The first release VF-1A. I don't think there's much value to this toy so no use selling it. Besides, if I ever get into collecting 1/48 scale aircraft models, at least I have one Valk in that scale. ^^

I pulled down my 1/48 long before I even had ver.2 VF-1. I'm almost certain I'll never go back to it and probably will sell it eventually.

Once I saw the Battroid proportions of the ver.2 in pictures my dissatisfaction with the 1/48s grew exponentially.

And all those extra features like wing flaps and the radar dish have never interested me and therefore won't be missed on the new 1/60s.

I sold off my 1/48s long ago. Even the low-viz..

I kinda wish I kept the Hikaru VF-1S with fast packs..was thinking of getting back in the game with the new 1/60s or at least buy the new Hikaru VF-1S...but as a recovering valk/toy addict I'm not so sure.. :unsure:

I sold off my 1/48s long ago. Even the low-viz..

I kinda wish I kept the Hikaru VF-1S with fast packs..was thinking of getting back in the game with the new 1/60s or at least buy the new Hikaru VF-1S...but as a recovering valk/toy addict I'm not so sure.. :unsure:

My VF-1S Hikaru w/Strike parts stays with me forever, thats one I would never part with!!! B))

I once said I won't part with my last 1/48 1A CF but eventually juz got it sold off, to make ways for the new 1/60s. Like most folks here, I too want all my valks to be on same scale line. Also like many, display & storage space is a prblm for 1/48.

let me tell you guys that i just picked up my first 1:60 v2 vf1d and its tinny!!!!!! i still preffer the 1:48 forevaaa!!!!

let me tell you guys that i just picked up my first 1:60 v2 vf1d and its tinny!!!!!! i still preffer the 1:48 forevaaa!!!!

As it should be.

I was looking at my 1/48 TV Max last night and I noticed that the neck and basically the entire head are just upsized proportions of the 1/60 version soon to be released.

Could this be a cue that maybe Yamato is planning something along the lines of a 1/48 V.2? I might be ahead of myself on this but, it just might turn out to be true.

**BASED ON MY SPECULATION***

Even if Yamato was to revise the 1/48 I think upsizing the 1/60 V.2 to a 1/48 V.2 it would not warrant me buying the VF-1 collection. The dimensions on the 1/60 V.2 just don't have that "this is Macross" feel to me.

I wish i could take a picture of all my 1/48's, but it won't fit on my floor nor do i have a table to put all of them, not even including the ones in the boxes still. It will really make you appreciate how precious and beautiful 1/48's are. 101_.gif

You know one these days Kicker you'll have to stop teasing us and show your whole collection!! Think of it as a weekend project!! B))

You know one these days Kicker you'll have to stop teasing us and show your whole collection!! Think of it as a weekend project!! B))

With the limited room I have, having them all one the floor is not quiet possible for a group picture. I remember Godzilla had a picture of his room where it was a wall of valk boxes. I have that plus the ones that are out of the box. The last set of pictures i posted took two days to move things around, transform, group them, etc. OMG I couldn't move around my room for a while and I had to be careful not to step on any of them. 109_.gif

With the limited room I have, having them all one the floor is not quiet possible for a group picture. I remember Godzilla had a picture of his room where it was a wall of valk boxes. I have that plus the ones that are out of the box. The last set of pictures i posted took two days to move things around, transform, group them, etc. OMG I couldn't move around my room for a while and I had to be careful not to step on any of them. 109_.gif

I can see why you haven't taken any group photos like that then, Well either way its must a hell of a sight of what you do have!!! I remember Godzilla's pictures, way crazy!! And certainly we don't want you stepping on your valk's, that would suck!!

Keep the pics coming that you do have, there always impressive to look at!! Take care Bro!! B))

If you need room, you can always store them at my house.

I had the same problem as you did but, now some are displayed in the garage. While most and multiples are in boxes.

how i wish i have your problem :ph34r:

No you don't, especially if you have a GF that can track your stuff ...this is what happens to me if a new valk box shows up in my room 4a68944d.gif

haha, that's like my wife. She claims she doesn't care for anime or my toys but she can spot a new one in seconds.

Just like the sensors on a Valkyrie, GF's & Wives have a keen eye for those new toys that weren't there the day before!!!! B))

As for staying on topic with the 1/48's. I am keeping all of mine, not to mention getting a few more in time. the new 1/60 is cool, but the 1/48 is the way to go!!!

haha, that's like my wife. She claims she doesn't care for anime or my toys but she can spot a new one in seconds.

Just like the sensors on a Valkyrie, GF's & Wives have a keen eye for those new toys that weren't there the day before!!!! B))

My wife busted me not too long ago but I told her I was financing them from money from my former cigarette habit and she bit her lip about it. I figure I have one more play of that card and then it's all used up.

:lol: I thought I was alone in dealing with the wife's stealthy eye. I am trying to figure our how am I going to add my new 1/48 TV Max...if and when U.S. Customs releases it. They've had it since the March 9th.

Edited by MacrossMan

Yep she spots them when she stops by. There the frequent "what is that?", "Where did that come from?", and the best one "That wasn't here yesterday when I stopped by!" Then I tell her: "No honey it was, I just rearranged things."(With a stoic visage 093.gif) But I still get the usual 26.gif

As far as the topic goes, with people/members like NB4M and Silverdragon and the customizers on the forum I will keep pushing on with the 1/48's. I will eventually grab the 1/60s, but only one of each including the destroids this summer when all of them are out. (and then keep them in their boxes and rent a storage place so that the GF doesn't find out where all these boxes came from) dde85913.gif

I will continue to get customs done in the 1/48, that's of course if NB4M provides me with the kits to continue the VF1D Line. Not sure if there is anything else other than the Anglebird VF1D. Then the VT and VE's respectively. I'm still planning on getting the Bushmasters and Roses done. My lists of customs last year were finally finished, and I've made a new list so hopefully by then end of this year that list will be finished.

My wife always asked me "you buy a new toy again?" everything she looks at my units in display (I have VERY limited display space), to the extent that I think she is bluffing me.

Therefore, except once in a while I proactive confess that "Honey I've got a new toy" like once in every 5-8 toys I get, I always bluff her back that it was there weeks ago and sound annoyed. B))