I received my Metal Build Exia Avalanche with the Dash Parts add-on set last week that I bought from Jungle.

Sadly it is the first dud from the Metal Build line that I got. Nothing major but there are four paint imperfections. Three of them on the blue plastic on the shoulder pauldrons that are painted white. One of them is a nasty scratch that is super visible from the front. Two others look more like dirt got onto the part during assembly. I don't want to try to remove them because I fear that I might mess up the white paint even more.

That got me thinking it it wouldn't be a better idea only to buy opened items from Jungle since they where inspected before (the one I bought was still sealed). ^_^

Also the waist swivel on mine is a bit too loose for my liking. Does anyone know how to fix that? The joint seems not accessible for future without the danger to mess up the figure.

Besides that I think the Avalanche Exia has probably the best finish of the Metal Builds I own. I adore the powder blue finish on the plastic and the slight gold flaking in the yellow paint is a nice touch but I probably would have preferred a similar powder yellow color on them. Love all the small mechanical arms that helps the suite to handle his arsenal of melee weapons.

I also think the suite design needs the add-on parts since the legs look weekly without them. I'm bummed out that the clamps for the feet are not integrated into the ski booster. I keep them attached when the skis are in their idle position since they don't stand out.

Now my Metal Build collection is nearing completion since I only need the Seven Sword (please reissue the suite Bandai), the Freedom Gundam an the 00 Raiser which I will probably buy next year. Besides the fact that the Metal Build suits don't transform the line really provides all the qualities I look for in a collectible piece. The best thing is that they all come with their own custom stand which is something that I feel the Metal Composite line is sorely missing.

If I had one wish for the line in the future it would be to bring all the things that make the line great to the UC suites. I would kill for a Metal Build Ver Ka. Nu/Hi-Nu Gundam and a Sazabi. :)

it sucks to have those things from a seal brand new item, but from my experiences Jungle doesn't inspect their used items as well as amiami or mandarake. <_<

I fully agreed on those Dash parts, it's a must if you are getting the Avalanche Exia. It evens out the Mobile Suit and gives it a lot more play.

too bad they didn't give use that other GN sword that split in two. (it's like they always short change us on a sword or two)

post-2743-0-49923500-1481493127_thumb.jpeg

Those MB stands are great too, you can adjust to pretty much whatever, they used a clear mini version for their AGP girls. They also finally have the same kind of stand on their latest Metal Composite Unicorn final battle ed.

The MB F91 is coming up , so I'm sure other UCs will show up eventually

Edited by F360

*snip*

Also the waist swivel on mine is a bit too loose for my liking. Does anyone know how to fix that? The joint seems not accessible for future without the danger to mess up the figure.

*snip*

Congrats Scyla on your MB Avalance Exia purchase. And sorry to hear to get some bruises on your MB even though it's sealed. But so far, all the MB Setsuna purchased that I did with Jungle is all good. I also asked them to inspect the item and take photos of it. True that you really need the add-on part just to make it look epic. Also, did you get the regular one or the extra weapon set one? Regarding the waist swivel, mine too is a little bit loose. Not super loose but a little. And I don't think there's access or anything to tighten it up or put some future on it. My suggestion would be is to insert black rubber around it just to tighten or fill the gap between the torso and the waist. That way, it will help to tighten the swivel motion. Hope that helps. ;)

it sucks to have those things from a seal brand new item, but from my experiences Jungle doesn't inspect their used items as well as amiami or mandarake. <_<

I fully agreed on those Dash parts, it's a must if you are getting the Avalanche Exia. It evens out the Mobile Suit and gives it a lot more play.

too bad they didn't give use that other GN sword that split in two. (it's like they always short change us on a sword or two)

attachicon.gifAvalanche_'.jpeg

Those MB stands are great too, you can adjust to pretty much whatever, they used a clear mini version for their AGP girls. They also finally have the same kind of stand on their latest Metal Composite Unicorn final battle ed.

The MB F91 is coming up , so I'm sure other UCs will show up eventually

Sorry to hear about your experiences with Jungle. My experience with them so far is great. They always reply promptly to my inquiry and send close-up photos when I requested it. And so far, all is good. :)

Would love to see that split sword too. Hopefully someone would 3D print those and use the GN Blades for reference. The only gripe I have on the MB Exia stands is that there's no stand for Exia Repair II. ^_^

Anyways, hope they announce the Astraea Type-F soon so we can have Astraea Type-B too. But yeah, Metal Build Nu/Hi-Nu and Sazabi would be awesome too. ;)

Congrats Scyla on your MB Avalance Exia purchase. And sorry to hear to get some bruises on your MB even though it's sealed. But so far, all the MB Setsuna purchased that I did with Jungle is all good. I also asked them to inspect the item and take photos of it. True that you really need the add-on part just to make it look epic. Also, did you get the regular one or the extra weapon set one? Regarding the waist swivel, mine too is a little bit loose. Not super loose but a little. And I don't think there's access or anything to tighten it up or put some future on it. My suggestion would be is to insert black rubber around it just to tighten or fill the gap between the torso and the waist. That way, it will help to tighten the swivel motion. Hope that helps. ;)

Sorry to hear about your experiences with Jungle. My experience with them so far is great. They always reply promptly to my inquiry and send close-up photos when I requested it. And so far, all is good. :)

Would love to see that split sword too. Hopefully someone would 3D print those and use the GN Blades for reference. The only gripe I have on the MB Exia stands is that there's no stand for Exia Repair II. ^_^

Anyways, hope they announce the Astraea Type-F soon so we can have Astraea Type-B too. But yeah, Metal Build Nu/Hi-Nu and Sazabi would be awesome too. ;)

I got the regular release. One because I'd like to keep the look of the boxes consistent (at least for the Gundam 00 suits) and I really dig the asymmetrical look of the Avalanche Exia with the GN Sword on the one side and the GN Blades on the other. I also wasn't sure what to do with the extra shield and besides the clamp to attach the second sets of blades I already have those items with the regular Exia. Plus I like to display my figures standing in a regular pose with their weapons sheathed/holstered.

So no need for the extra parts.

attachicon.gifAvalanche_'.jpeg

Kind of weird of bandai to short charge for the sword. The dash part add-on would have been a perfect opportunity to add the swords as well unique to Avalanche Exia.

While not a toy, but there will be a 3rd party model add on for MG 1/100 Exia, one brand will offer the sword as a separate pack. Of course, color or finish matching will be a PITA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL, was so caught up with all the Macross madness I didn't even realize that was going up for pre-order. I may just not pursue this release as I have the Metal Build Seven Sword + Raiser  and the 00 Raiser release.

I'll probably keep my Metal Robot collection to unique variants that are not available in Metal Build form. 

On 1/6/2017 at 1:45 AM, Loop said:

LOL, was so caught up with all the Macross madness I didn't even realize that was going up for pre-order. I may just not pursue this release as I have the Metal Build Seven Sword + Raiser  and the 00 Raiser release.

I'll probably keep my Metal Robot collection to unique variants that are not available in Metal Build form. 

I just preordered first and then decide if I'm gonna keep it or not.  The preorder for this item lasted quiet a long time too.

On 1/6/2017 at 1:45 AM, Loop said:

up at hlj 

http://hlj.com/product/BANN12875/Gun

Why do you have to influence me like this? LOL, I placed an order for one anyway. If I don't want it by release I'll cancel it.

*edit*

Looks like it's order stop now, maybe someone dumped one and I snagged it.

Edited by Loop

4 minutes ago, Loop said:

Why do you have to influence me like this? LOL, I placed an order for one anyway. If I don't want it by release I'll cancel it.

I was thinking the same thing when I place my preorder,.. :lol: I have a couple of months to decide.

wow that went back to soldout quicker than expected.

Edited by F360

Hey everyone. Can I request anyone who have both Metal Build and Master Grade versions of Exia to check how big the differences of the GN Blades. Both long and short. I just want to see if both have the same sizes, length, and thickness. From the blades, to the blue guard and the grey part in the middle, up to the handle.

Photos included would be highly appreciated as well. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by no3Ljm

On 1/7/2017 at 10:29 PM, Loop said:

*edit*

Looks like it's order stop now, maybe someone dumped one and I snagged it.

On 1/7/2017 at 10:31 PM, F360 said:

I was thinking the same thing when I place my preorder,.. :lol: I have a couple of months to decide.

wow that went back to soldout quicker than expected.

Maybe you guys will also have that same 'i-shouldn't-have-ordered' feeling later on with your V-31F preorders. Do let me know so I can snagged both afterwards. :rolleyes: