The Robot Damashii Stark Jegan and Geara Zulu are now "in stock" at HLJ. I have to leave on a trip on Friday, I hope they make it here by then! I'm super excited about these, I absolutely LOOOOVE the Stark Jegan (even if it's paired down from the original CCA-MSV version) and the Geara Zulu is looking pretty cool too.

Please forgive the double post but I received my Starks and Zulus and have finally had time to handle them and take a few pics. Love the Stark but no too impressed with the Zulu honestly.

Here's a short slideshow with comparison pics of the RD Stark VS the MSIA Jegan.

th_RDStarkJegan4-5-2010001.jpg

Articulation on the Stark is excellent for the most part.

Also Jennifer Aniston

Please forgive the double post but I received my Starks and Zulus and have finally had time to handle them and take a few pics. Love the Stark but no too impressed with the Zulu honestly.

Here's a short slideshow with comparison pics of the RD Stark VS the MSIA Jegan.

th_RDStarkJegan4-5-2010001.jpg

Articulation on the Stark is excellent for the most part.

Also Jennifer Aniston

too bad robot spirits doesnt do a bigger scale. The price point is awful for what you get

Actually the Stark Jegan is worth what you pay for it for the most part. I'd have to agree that in general though for what you pay RDs aren't enough of a step above MSIA/EMSIAs. Truthfully the sculpting/engineering is about equivalent and I'm not sure I honestly believe materials alone justify a 2-4x cost increase. Of course people bought into HCM Pro for a while and those were redcockulously over priced in general IMO as well.

I'm definitely willing to at least buy RDs of units I consider "must have" or that I want and never had MSIA/EMSIA equivalents.

I really want the composite unicorn. Although it doesn't have a painted finish like the older MC line. I'm still hearing very positive things about it from various sources. From what I hear the finish on the MC Z-plus was abysmal and not very good for the price. But to my surprise ppl seem to like this latest release and view it as an improvement overall for the MC line.

I know manufacturing for these items can be expensive but I wish we really got what we paid for like we used to... For the price we should still get a nice dull coat finish but this is acceptable and probably the best perfect transformation unicorn well get at this point.

Here is my take on it.

I own 3 GFFMC figures, which is the far superior of the two with GFF being the lesser. I only collect Transformers (Reissues, Encore, BW era, followed by RID, with selective Movie figures,FP, and MG) SOC, Yammies, CMs,Zoids, HMM Zoids, MGs and PGs and the odd Jap Sub pop mecha collectible. So I am familiar with a wide selection of mecha offerings. I am very happy with my G3 RX-78-2. Z Plus BST and the Psycho Gundam MKII. They each cost me $135, $210, and $120 CDN respectively and are a super edition to any adult collectors display cabinet. Essentially they ARE MGs done professionally. In regards to the Unicorn Gundam, when the first version was released as a gunpla I jumped all over it. Then disappointment set in. Should not be surprised as most of KA’s kits are wafer thin and have a wine glass fragility. The thing was not posable. Crappy inner frame and transformation that was laughable. It morphs. It doesnt transform folks. Transformers transform. Aquarion transforms and combines. Dancougar and Valks transform. This thing has panels that flip up like a skirt. Well I tossed it in the garbage and promised myself never to get another KA Hero Gundam outside of Wing. When announced I wanted to get this figure but the price really doesnt justify this figures offerings. Essentially the old mold done professionally with no extras and fixes unlike the HD w/Cage Gunpla. Sure Ngee might have all the historical background on Bandai product lines but that still doesn’t justify the pricing or even answer the real question around the pricing…WHY?

Look at what you get from the 3 I mentioned that are a part of my collection. I recently purchased the HD version with Cage for a measly $100 CDN. The fixes, the special coating and great Stand. I am sorry but this is just another cash grab and try to justify and refute all you want but that’s what it is pure and simple. Playing on the excitement of a show that is pure gold since Stardust and MS 08 Team. I bought into the hype with the PG 00 Raiser and paid the ridiculous price. Only to discover that it was the WORST PG ever made. I do still plan on getting it but I am willing to wait for the sale tag. I used the money I was going to pay for it towards my recent purchase of the Yammie Patlabor Ingram

so your point is you hate a toy you've never owned nor even handled because you disliked a model kit that has nothing to do with the toy in question, mostly because you don't like the inherent design of the mech... great logic there chief :rolleyes:

:edit: now that I have one in had I can evaluate if how baseless you claims really are. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

so your point is you hate a toy you've never owned nor even handled because you disliked a model kit that has nothing to do with the toy in question, mostly because you don't like the inherent design of the mech... great logic there chief :rolleyes:

:edit: now that I have one in had I can evaluate if how baseless you claims really are. ^_^

Quick question.. am I hungry too? Where did I say I hate the toy. I said the toy is not worth the price. I said the product is a MG Model done Professionally. I compared it to other GFFMC models price wise and what you get with previous releases. I also compared it to a VERY flawed MG first release which is what its based on. If you dont want to admit the first release model was poorly designed statue oh well. The fact i bought it and gave it a chance speaks to the fact I liked the mold. I did say most KA figures are too fragile. I also said I would still get it but a reduced price. I dont need to buy a professionally done model and then discover that its not worth the price tag after the fact and suffer from PPD thats what your for. I have already read the reviews. Maybe you should revisit your argument and try to formulate something better and learn to read. :rolleyes:

I do have to say, that for the price it out to be all diecast or something, or at least not having to take the pieces of the head off to switch it to NT-D.

hard enough sometimes to justify the price of a MG or even a PG kit, but for a toy like that, no dice.

Quick question.. am I hungry too? Where did I say I hate the toy. I said the toy is not worth the price. I said the product is a MG Model done Professionally.

see the bolded part? that is a completely baseless assertion.

I compared it to other GFFMC models price wise and what you get with previous releases.

and when those came out demand was higher and design/production cost where lower, high end toys like this are getting more expensive with less content across the board. it sucks but it's not unique to this toy.

I also compared it to a VERY flawed MG first release which is what its based on. If you dont want to admit the first release model was poorly designed statue oh well. The fact i bought it and gave it a chance speaks to the fact I liked the mold. I did say most KA figures are too fragile. I also said I would still get it but a reduced price. I dont need to buy a professionally done model and then discover that its not worth the price tag after the fact and suffer from PPD thats what your for. I have already read the reviews. Maybe you should revisit your argument and try to formulate something better and learn to read. :rolleyes:

And this part in bold? This is a completely invalid comparison. whether or not the first release MG kit was flawed is completely irrelevant because the GFF unicorn is nothing like a model kit. I've got one in my hand right now and I can tell you it is a rock solid piece of engineering. The GFF unicorn is possible as all hell, it's got great range of motion and tight joints that will hold all kind of posses. It's also supper sturdy; no parts falling off anywhere, die-cast in the major joints, this is one robust toy.

by the way I find it kind of odd that you say you like the design even though you spend a significant portion of your post complaining how you don't like the conversion between unicorn and destroy mode. That's really the main draw of the toy, personally I think it's cool and a really well executed feature. If you don't like the conversion, that's your problem, not the toys.

I got mine for less than retail, but it's completely worth the 18,000 Yen they're asking for it. Had I not found a good deal I would have totally payed full price for it.

Hi guys!

I am a new member of Macross World, but I have been a lurker for a couple years and I finally decided to post!

Anyways, I am a pretty big Gundam fan, so I was wondering as to whether anyone had any release details of the huge 1/35 scale Gundam Fix......

Thanks in advance!

-Archer

I found Metal Material Turn A Gundam for only 25$ at Amazon, I don't know if the the toy is worth it.

Meh IMO its not really worth it. The MM Turn A has some major problem out of the box. One major thing is that the majority of them come out with a broken shoulder piece on the left hand side.

It's not really fixable either because the shoulder is held in place by a plastic ring over a metal rivet. the plastic holding area is often broken in two so even if you super glue it back it wont be able to shift up and down like its supposed to.

Posseability is lacking as well, although for the most part the toy is sturdy you can't really put it in alot of neat posses because the joints are so stiff and lack articulation. You can't really make the toy have a good action pose like it should.

IMO if you want something that you can actually play with and pose your better off getting the upcoming Damashii version or getting the older MSIA version if you can find it. Heck even the MG kit is better.

Edited by transfan52

Meh IMO its not really worth it. The MM Turn A has some major problem out of the box. One major thing is that the majority of them come out with a broken shoulder piece on the left hand side.

It's not really fixable either because the shoulder is held in place by a plastic ring over a metal rivet. the plastic holding area is often broken in two so even if you super glue it back it wont be able to shift up and down like its supposed to.

Posseability is lacking as well, although for the most part the toy is sturdy you can't really put it in alot of neat posses because the joints are so stiff and lack articulation. You can't really make the toy have a good action pose like it should.

IMO if you want something that you can actually play with and pose your better off getting the upcoming Damashii version or getting the older MSIA version if you can find it. Heck even the MG kit is better.

Thanks, might get the RD version but if it goes sale.

GFFN Full Armor Unicorn:

gffn_faunicorn_20100430_1.jpg

gffn_faunicorn_20100430_2.jpg

Wow looks very impressive. Its following the same design principle on the full armor Nu-Gundam GFF. Im happy with the plain MC version though. That many accesories is cool and all but its a bit much. Looks like a back pack of tubes and pipes. Not very practical in a fast action scenario. Some ppl may like the overabundant add ons but it just isn't my cup of tea.

Wow looks very impressive. Its following the same design principle on the full armor Nu-Gundam GFF. Im happy with the plain MC version though. That many accesories is cool and all but its a bit much. Looks like a back pack of tubes and pipes. Not very practical in a fast action scenario. Some ppl may like the overabundant add ons but it just isn't my cup of tea.

Has nothing in common with HWS Nu Gundam and those pipes are propellant tanks.

They are supposed to help one cover longer distances and then are basically jettisoned afterward.

They are not intended to be used in fast action fights/melee combat.

To me at least the "Full Armor" is kind of false advertising.

Actually it's not misleading, at least if you take Japanese usage of English under consideration.

They label it as "Full Armor" as in maximum payload. If you are thinking of "Armor" as in heavy shielding like HWS Nu Gundam

then they probably would have labeled it "Full Armored".