Wings of Light option set is out.

looks like we will be paying for the weight and the extra size of a white empty place holder box. :(

Front and back of option set

post-2743-0-76787100-1466900549_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-52854200-1466900561_thumb.jpg

Combining bookcase cover for your MB strike freedom and Wings of light option set.

post-2743-0-60250300-1466900657_thumb.jpg

Side view of the bookcase cover with the white empty place holder box.

post-2743-0-29680300-1466900673_thumb.jpg

Side view of the bookcase cover with Wings of Light set and your MB strike freedom box.

post-2743-0-37711700-1466900691_thumb.jpg

just got smacked with a ¥2,980 invoice from NY, for additional shipping charges over what was estimated to AU. Original estimate was ¥2,220.

I think i will contact and ask to downgrade to Airmail.

EDIT: OK scratch that idea. EMS is cheaper than Airmail, and only ¥200 more than Ecomail XD. Ahh well....

post-7871-0-20374900-1467012388_thumb.png

Edited by eggy99

These tamashii exculsive packaging is really getting out of hand , especially when the option set is in a box twice as big as the metal build gundam box filled with a empty white box as spacer. I cant really see anyone getting this option set as a standalone , they should already gotten or will be getting the MB Strike Freedom. So that white box will be useless at the end. I can see their point in trying to package a completed outer cover with a nice matching photo of the gundam , but what they should have done is package that outer cover in 2 pieces that requires easy assembly of just pealing double sided tape..

Front and top with 1 inch of extra edge for taping at the inside top.

Back and bottom with 1 inch of extra edge for taping at the inside bottom .

With that ,both of those pieces can be folded flate , add the WOL option set and put all of those in 1 brown tamashii exculsive box . Much smaller below small packet restrictions, weight much less , less materials , save so much more money on shipping and packaging , takes less room on transportation. Everyone wins.

Just looking at most BANDAI boxes , they are mostly designed to be pretty compact , their valks , their s h figuarts , etc. But this is BS.

I really hope they will change how they package the WOL option set for Destiny.

AHHHH **** juggling...

tq for the info btw ;)

I was actually on the page looking at whats up fro preorder on July 1st. :)

I'm just glad this is not a web exclusive, don't have to add in middle man fee, and Huge box fee. :p

I also prefer the 1/100 scale Metal Builds. I was also kinda interested in the Metal Robot Hi-Nu, but decided to stay away as I don't think I have anything that scales with it. Are these Metal Robot toys in line with the scale of the SIDE MS stuff? They seem to be pretty pricey though.

Did anyone do a review of the Metal Robot Hi Nu? The EX-s looks great, but I swore off smaller than 1/100 Gundam after collecting Metal Build/Composite Gundams. The 1/100 scale is just so nice

You can check out this youtube review which compare the Metal Robot Hi Nu vs the Normal Robot spirits Hi Nu.

Pretty much the same but better everything, well kinda. :)

and the normal pic review

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51939356.html

I also prefer the 1/100 scale Metal Builds. I was also kinda interested in the Metal Robot Hi-Nu, but decided to stay away as I don't think I have anything that scales with it. Are these Metal Robot toys in line with the scale of the SIDE MS stuff? They seem to be pretty pricey though.

If the Metal Robot Hi Nu compared to the Robot Spirit Hi Nu is any indication of what to expect , then I would say they should fit in with the Robot Spirits Side Ms line. That line don't really have a official scale but they are close to 1/144.

1/100 seem to be just the right scale for me too, but I would imagine at 1/100 it would be in their Metal Composite line, and will probably be able to transform. It will be pretty huge and pricey. (looks like something I would get)

Even at 1/144 , the EX-S Gundam it should be pretty close to the height of a normal Metal Build. Guess I can finally sell my old GFF EX-S Gundam now and update to the new Metal robot version.

Now the real questions is , are they going to release a cheap Robot Spirit/Damashii version later.? B))

These tamashii exculsive packaging is really getting out of hand , especially when the option set is in a box twice as big as the metal build gundam box filled with a empty white box as spacer. I cant really see anyone getting this option set as a standalone , they should already gotten or will be getting the MB Strike Freedom. So that white box will be useless at the end. I can see their point in trying to package a completed outer cover with a nice matching photo of the gundam , but what they should have done is package that outer cover in 2 pieces that requires easy assembly of just pealing double sided tape..

Front and top with 1 inch of extra edge for taping at the inside top.

Back and bottom with 1 inch of extra edge for taping at the inside bottom .

With that ,both of those pieces can be folded flate , add the WOL option set and put all of those in 1 brown tamashii exculsive box . Much smaller below small packet restrictions, weight much less , less materials , save so much more money on shipping and packaging , takes less room on transportation. Everyone wins.

Just looking at most BANDAI boxes , they are mostly designed to be pretty compact , their valks , their s h figuarts , etc. But this is BS.

I really hope they will change how they package the WOL option set for Destiny.

Well

Thankfully 3rd Party to the rescue! Bandai's exclusivity BS sure doesnt it make it appetizing to get their stuff. Yes I know, for Japan only, but what happened to free trade deals and I'm sure Bandai is aware NY and HLJ sell to foreigners

While we're on the subject of shipping prices , just got some invoices .

NIn-in games , preordered MB Destiny HC, gave me a upgrade from FEDEX to EMS without extra cost .

Biginjapan , charged me only 3900 yen for Fedex shipping of 2 METAL BUILDS .

While we're on the subject of shipping prices , just got some invoices .

NIn-in games , preordered MB Destiny HC, gave me a upgrade from FEDEX to EMS without extra cost .

Biginjapan , charged me only 3900 yen for Fedex shipping of 2 METAL BUILDS .

Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for your Metal Build Heine via Nin-Nin? Or if it was the same price they it listed for now, $ 264.33?

-b.

It was 25990 and 3100 for shipping , it was back in feb

cool, thank you sir

I've been debating, I over-paid buying one off of Mandarake during the first release and I've been debating on another copy. Especially since the prices seem to have come down, at least for the time being.

-b.

cool, thank you sir

I've been debating, I over-paid buying one off of Mandarake during the first release and I've been debating on another copy. Especially since the prices seem to have come down, at least for the time being.

-b.

Yeah the price dropped a bit since this is the last June Batch, unfortunately the Yen went up. :angry:

Just got the extra charge invoice from MyKombini for the WOL option set this morning .

Ems 2909 ,additional 1591 yen , then got another extra 2100 yen because I got 2 sets .

Total ended up at 6600 yen for EMS shipping .

Nippon-yasan as got to be the king for shipping charge this time .

I still have not opened my wings of light up, is the white box in the insert completely empty?

I didn't receive mines yet , but from all the pics it should be empty , or else someone will take a pic with like ", look what they put in the white box!" Well something like that .