The yellow parts look to be all gold chrome now.

Hard to tell if anything else is changed.

The misaligned right shoulder really irks me. Haha. :lol:

Do we really need another Exia? I have Exia, R1 Repair, and trans am versions and that is enough for me. :p

On 9/15/2017 at 9:11 PM, kajnrig said:

Gonna get to work on it this weekend, but those are a TON of runners...

After putting the stand together, note to self: ABS plastic. Knife, even a dull one, goes through it very easily. Must take care in future.

No WIP pics (sorry), and I still have the arms, weapons, and Dash parts to build, but my early opinion:

Unless you're willing to put elbow grease into making parts fit, just get the Metal Build or the Turris Babel as Noel suggested. This kit needs a LOT of minor tweaks here and there to get things fitting properly (something I should have expected, since this is a third party with lower quality standards than something Bandai would put out; it's been a loooong time since I bought a third-party kit). I had to whip out the knives, nippers, saws, pin vise and drill bits, and I'll need to eventually get one of the various joint tighteners (superglue, epoxy, floor polish, etc.) to fix a mistake I made fixing the kit's mistakes.

It's a laborious process, though the end product is certainly worth the effort, especially for someone like me who likes the building process. If you want something that looks good and plays good, just get the premade figures. The extra cost will be well worth it.

Edited by kajnrig

On 9/15/2017 at 9:37 PM, F360 said:

looks like a new sculpt.

t_web_mr_sf2.jpg.5aaef4c32c0b46226efb38ded8ad60d7.jpg

I'll probably buy this as long that it doesn't look like the Metal Build design and it's somehow in-line with the RD Freedom Gundam. ^_^ 

On 9/16/2017 at 9:04 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

does the GN drive have an LED, i'd rebuy!

Hey David. If you did rebuy are you going to sell one of your regular ones? :rolleyes:

The "exia 1" means Exia, not Exia Repair (which is dumb that it gets its own name and model number and everything, like it's literally just the Exia beat to crap and junkyarded back to barely working condition, c'mon people).

Included:
- GN-001 Exia
- GN-001REII Exia Repair II
- GN-001REIII Exia Repair III

Not:
- GN-001RE Exia Repair

Edited by kajnrig

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I see. So it's basically a repaint, repackaged of the first Exia figure. Easy pass for me even though I only collect Setsuna's units in MB form. ^_^

It also comes with Exia repair II parts which the normal MB exia does not.

39 minutes ago, Sandman said:

What's the difference in color from the previous exia release? I don't have one. Will try to get this one unless the color is way off.

More shiny. Probably pearlescent effect esp on the whites. The yellow parts on the chest and the chest fins are now colored in gold ting rather than yellow.

This is the first Exia:

TOY-GDM-02014.jpg 

The 10th Anniversary:

img03.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

Damn it, buying another P-bandai Metal Build, I doubt it will be available from P-Bandai US. Since it is being sold at an event and then the web store I am guessing it won't be a pre-order? I imagine they will be actual units at the event and the web store will sell off the remaining ones. 

13 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

9e0ZJvG.png

21000 yen

will be sold on web shop after the tamashii soul nations event

http://tamashii.jp/special/tamashii_nation/item06.html

22 hours ago, F360 said:

I hope it'll be up at the US-P-Bandai site and that their Limit is more than 1.:lol:

And the price?  maybe 24000 yen?

Awesome! Glad it'll be relatively easy to grab. I love the Exia so this is an instant buy. I still have 1 on display and two MISB.

And I'm kind of hoping the limit is only 1, that way I won't be tempted and/or get pre-order envy on those that get multiples. lol

-b.