I think I read that those Psycos are both 1/144.

Would like to know if there are rumors about more 1/100 Metal Composites coming out and in what order.

I'm on the fence about what to start collecting and I want to chose the right line, ex: Valk 1/60 v2 were perfect (well almost, shoulder thing) and I was so glad I never invested in the v1s or 1/48ths.

The GFF 1/100s look like they could be it, but they need Zeta, MkII, Sazabi, RX-93, etc . . .

Am I correct in thinking there are no Zeta or CCA 1/100 GFFs?

I really only want larger figures, high quality like the metal composite reviews I've read - but am looking for the MkII or RX-93. They do have these in Fix, only 1/144 right?

Would be totally in for a 1/100 metal composite Sazabi, or Qubeley to go with the Gundams - are there rumors for this? Those 1/100 GFFs seem very popular from what I can tell...

Zeta Plus is in the GFFMC line, in red and a variant in blue. The blue one has splinter camo.

I wanna get the Metal Composite GFF Gundam Unicorn but am confused with all the versions out there. Which is the best colour (cause i can't see the diff on the internet)?

Normal , Metal coat or Prism coat?

No one? :(

No one? :(

There are only two versions. the metal coating and prism coating are the same thing, stores are just using different names.

The Metal/prism coating version is Chromed, the normal version is white with a slight gloss pearl finish.

BTW; I wish people would stop asking "which is the best/better X?" when they're talking about completely subjective things. whether one sculpt or paint scheme is better looking than the other is purely the opinion of the person comparing the two, someone else can't make that decision for you. :wacko:

If you want to know the difference between two things ask "what's the difference between X and Y?"

There are only two versions. the metal coating and prism coating are the same thing, stores are just using different names.

The Metal/prism coating version is Chromed, the normal version is white with a slight gloss pearl finish.

BTW; I wish people would stop asking "which is the best/better X?" when they're talking about completely subjective things. whether one sculpt or paint scheme is better looking than the other is purely the opinion of the person comparing the two, someone else can't make that decision for you. :wacko:

If you want to know the difference between two things ask "what's the difference between X and Y?"

funny but right

There was only one GFFMC for a long time until only recently the shiny metallic look was announced. And as anime52k8 said yes its pearl coating. Not the same as HD either. Since I have the Cage MG HD version and the GFFMC I prefer the coating on the HD color scheme. But if the metallic coating is like on the MG Nu Gundam it wont look good. On some gundams it looks great on others its a real distracting

Psyco and Psyco Mk.II are from Zeta y'know. But even though they are metal composite, they aren't 1/100 due to their size (obviously, but still huge anyway).

yup

DSC03656.jpg

I think I read that those Psycos are both 1/144.

Would like to know if there are rumors about more 1/100 Metal Composites coming out and in what order.

I'm on the fence about what to start collecting and I want to chose the right line, ex: Valk 1/60 v2 were perfect (well almost, shoulder thing) and I was so glad I never invested in the v1s or 1/48ths.

The GFF 1/100s look like they could be it, but they need Zeta, MkII, Sazabi, RX-93, etc . . .

The future of Bandai's GFF Metal Composite line is unknown. They get high marks but with the economy the way it is, Bandai may go all web exclusive for these high-priced toys. The recent O Gundam (both the normal color and low-viz gray) was web exclusive only :( .

In all honesty, if you're going to collect Gundam, you gotta start building the kits.

I think you are right.

But I can also get the model completed for me by GundamPro (a google search revealed).

A 1/100 Weathered Kshatriya for only $855.00 -- or a Sazabi based on the G-System Molds for a mere $2,632.00

http://www.gundampro.com/products.php?cat=9

honestly, I feel like paying someone to build and paint your model for you is kind of a waste of money. I'm not an excellent painter by any stretch of the imagination, but I could still build a master grade that's good enough for my purposes at a third the price by doing the work myself; and I get the satisfaction and added value of doing the work yourself.

Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah i meant to ask the differences but based on your descriptions it sounds like pearl is the way to go for me. I don't like chrome unless its a hyaku-shiki-like MS. Bling only goes well with certain mecha.

honestly, I feel like paying someone to build and paint your model for you is kind of a waste of money. I'm not an excellent painter by any stretch of the imagination, but I could still build a master grade that's good enough for my purposes at a third the price by doing the work myself; and I get the satisfaction and added value of doing the work yourself.

Overtime I noticed I got better. There a lot of aids to make your kit look good. With MGs and PGs they basically painted and you can add "HighLight" Paints here and there, panel lining. and decaling. And flat coat to make it look professional. Anyway back on topic, saw pics and news on the new metal build. I pre-ordered with HLJ. Just what are the differences with Metal Build and SOC and the new SOC mini

Thanks for clearing that up. Yeah i meant to ask the differences but based on your descriptions it sounds like pearl is the way to go for me. I don't like chrome unless its a hyaku-shiki-like MS. Bling only goes well with certain mecha.

Actually, the the metal coating/prism coating version doesn't look like chrome at all.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/015585/

It seems a little darker with shinny relfective finished.

I can't really tell from the pics....but is it sorta like glossy paint?

maybe it is just a gloss coat then... :unsure:

either way, the "prism coat" version is going to be considerably shinier than the regular version.

Overtime I noticed I got better. There a lot of aids to make your kit look good. With MGs and PGs they basically painted and you can add "HighLight" Paints here and there, panel lining. and decaling. And flat coat to make it look professional. Anyway back on topic, saw pics and news on the new metal build. I pre-ordered with HLJ. Just what are the differences with Metal Build and SOC and the new SOC mini

I'd also love to know the differences from the Metal Build, Metal Composite and other "premium type" figures as well...as a super casual Gundam (hell anime in general) fan I seem to gravitate more towards the toys then anything else.

The Metal Build 00 Gundam on HLJ retails for less than the GFF Metal Composite Unicorn did but they seem similar in terms of the type of toy.

Anybody know how the two are supposed to compare to one another?

Thanks,

-b.

I'd also love to know the differences from the Metal Build, Metal Composite and other "premium type" figures as well...as a super casual Gundam (hell anime in general) fan I seem to gravitate more towards the toys then anything else.

The Metal Build 00 Gundam on HLJ retails for less than the GFF Metal Composite Unicorn did but they seem similar in terms of the type of toy.

Thanks,

-b.

I can't speak to specific differences, as I haven't seen much info on the Metal Build 00 (still a ways til release), but a large part of the cost of the Unicorn was likely due to the fact that it could transform between Unicorn and NT-D mode. Usually pretty expensive to engineer something like that. Metal Composites are the top of the GFF line, are 1/100 scale and generally have a fair amount of diecast (usually for the frame). GFF Next is the latest iteration of the 'regular' GFF line and is in 1/144 scale, it features much improved plastic and build quality over the original GFF line. The original plain jane GFF line had a tendency to suffer quality-wise, resulting in many figures being best used as static display pieces rather than something you could comfortably play with.

I've got a GFFN RGZ-95 Rezel on the way and I can't wait! Didn't really think too much of the design at first but then I saw the Unicorn OVA and well, you know how it goes :lol: .

I can't speak to specific differences, as I haven't seen much info on the Metal Build 00 (still a ways til release), but a large part of the cost of the Unicorn was likely due to the fact that it could transform between Unicorn and NT-D mode. Usually pretty expensive to engineer something like that. Metal Composites are the top of the GFF line, are 1/100 scale and generally have a fair amount of diecast (usually for the frame). GFF Next is the latest iteration of the 'regular' GFF line and is in 1/144 scale, it features much improved plastic and build quality over the original GFF line. The original plain jane GFF line had a tendency to suffer quality-wise, resulting in many figures being best used as static display pieces rather than something you could comfortably play with.

I've got a GFFN RGZ-95 Rezel on the way and I can't wait! Didn't really think too much of the design at first but then I saw the Unicorn OVA and well, you know how it goes :lol: .

Cool, thanks! I guess the price really does make sense for the GFF Metal Composite Unicorn (I own one and it is pretty awesome) when you take into consideration the two "modes".

Thanks for the breakdown of the varying GFF line/sub-lines.

I wish there were more details about the Metal Build...just have to wait and see.

-b.

Thanks,

-b.

It's because the Unicorn has exponentially more smaller parts, far more than the METAL BUILD 00 Gundam does. I think METAL BUILD lacks the GFFMC name because GFFMC was all Katoki, instead, METAL BUILD has Ebikawa onboard for design supervision, the same guy who designed the Gundam 00 and Full Metal Panic! mecha. However as a toyline, METAL BUILD seems like an extension of GFFMC, at least that's what I gathered via translation.

Cool, thanks for all the additional info. I'm not as versed on the designers the various shows and/or toy-lines but as long as the Metal Build has the same (or very similar) overall fit and finish as the GFFMC line then the 00 should be a nice addition to the collection.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the afternoon playing Dance Central and it was hilarious fun. Couldn't get the image out of my head so I set to doing this once we got home. Also, got the GFFN RGZ-95 ReZEL and it's great! Very solid feeling figure with tight joints. Articulation isn't quite as good as a Super HCM Pro on account of the requirements of the transformation, but still gets the job done.

hcmkinect1.jpg

rezeluni.jpg

I saw this on Facebook, and was wondering if anyone knew about it.

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/11/17/bandai-to-sell-mini-figure-of-that-awesome-life-size-gundam-statue/

If anyone knows how to acquire these parts, I'd be interested in getting a couple of sets.

do want!

BTW; preordered the Metal Build 00 for the hell of it. I figure this is the only way we'll ever get a large size 00 Seven Swords, although I may change my mind latter on and cancel(there's 4 months till it comes out, so... :unsure: ).

I'm kind of tempted to cheap out and pick up the Robot Damashii 7 swords instead. I actually like the RD's even though I've only got one. :rolleyes:

Edited by anime52k8

• 3 weeks later...

For the Sniper II lovers the RD certainly leaves a lot to be desired with it's pretty meager fit and finish. Decals like you've done (and maybe some weathering?) really go a long way. I've been contemplating using my Child of Mecha (now defunct) WD decal sheets to bring up to par my WD versions when they come out but I'm not sure I'd want to waste something irreplaceable.

Here's a slideshow for shots I took of mine with other series weapons/etc.

th_RDGMSniperII09-22-2010001.jpg

Edited by bluemax151

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm, this thread is dead for too long. Well, time for some news. First, Metal Build OO 7Sword is released today! Here's big image for you to inspect all the details:

2.jpg

On another line RD Zaku II is officially announced, her it is with RD Brave(s):

3.jpg

And RD Jagd Arche, although unfortunately it's webshop limited item:

4.jpg

Edited by reeoyuy

It's simply listed as "Zaku II" without any F/J/F2/FZ/etc. Just like HGUC version. Or maybe they haven't made their mind yet on what Zaku that is (but at least we know it's not Char's -06S).

Eh, sorry about that, I read the title and it said -06F, but that's actually wrong -- the model is clearly an -06J, without the verniers on the legs and the backpack being different. So the armaments are correct.