All 3 of the RX-78-2 models look horrible. The "TV style" looks more like OYW style. The "modified style" is anorexic and ugly. The "heisei style" looks like it belongs in SEED.
Actually the heisei reminds me of the Humable RX-78 and the modified is a lot like the special creative RX-78. TV style pretty much looks exactly like the MSIA 1.5 that came with the G-Armor. Only difference being it's still a bit plain looking because you can tell it's a solid block with no articulation.

Thats not actually a Zaku 2. Its the Barjornen MS-06 from Turn A Gundam. Yeah, its a major nit-pick.
I'm sorry what's "Turn A" Gundam :lol:

This has probably been discussed, but how much better are the Frame version FIX Figuration units compared to the originals? HLJ has a couple on sale that I've been wanting for awhile and I was wondering. I have the old #0001 FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam and I was always really disappointed with it. Is the new version less PVC-tastic and better posable?

This has probably been discussed, but how much better are the Frame version FIX Figuration units compared to the originals? HLJ has a couple on sale that I've been wanting for awhile and I was wondering. I have the old #0001 FA-78-1 Full Armor Gundam and I was always really disappointed with it. Is the new version less PVC-tastic and better posable?

Better posability but still suffers from the usual GFF problem of parts falling off.

ok i have a question but when it comes to gundam i am a complete noob so realise that ok . But i am a collector and the Gundam are so coooooool and i want to get some, but all that i see and like are kits, i dont want to be building kits, but what i do want is goodies like the perfect grades double O to be available pre built and such like my yamato and bandai macross, does this exsist, and can someone be pointing me in theeeeee correct direction to find this THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

The frame models are still using PVC, which means eventual warping and loss of articulation . Save your money for the 1/144 diecast GFF's. I have the GFFN ZII and its got metal coming out of every corner.
I hate to be the voice of dissent but I have the original FAGundam which is about as old as you can go in the FIX line and it's still fine. Admittedly it can be claimed it has all the articulation of a brick but it's held up fine. No problems from my Blue Destiny or Efreet but they're newer obviously.

I've also seen people post that pvc turns into goo after a while. Well I have a JPN MSIA ver1 RX-78-2 Gundam and it's no pile of goo and/or even sticky.

Now obviously PVC isn't the most durable material but a dab of super glue or clear nail polish on joints easily tightens them up. It may take longer for other materials to wear down but they'll get there eventually too. Now if you want to complain about the bent/warped V fins and beam sabers then yes that's a serious problem.

No, if you want pre-built kits/ toys, for now the only ones you are gonna find are the Gundam FIX Figuration Composite Metal they are the same scale/size as the Master Grade kits. Speaking of the same scale, since 1999 Bandai produced very few assembled Gundam figures from Turn A Gundam, Gundam Seed to Gundam Seed Destiny and all them of were the main suits.

In the 1980s there were Gundam figures the same scale as the Perfect Grade and even a larger one.

No, if you want pre-built kits/ toys, for now the only ones you are gonna find are the Gundam FIX Figuration Composite Metal they are the same scale/size as the Master Grade kits. Speaking of the same scale, since 1999 Bandai produced very few assembled Gundam figures from Turn A Gundam, Gundam Seed to Gundam Seed Destiny and all them of were the main suits.

In the 1980s there were Gundam figures the same scale as the Perfect Grade and even a larger one.

Hey Thanks very much and i will let you know what i find, kind of sucks that they are not making more pre built kits ya know ............

ok i have a question but when it comes to gundam i am a complete noob so realise that ok . But i am a collector and the Gundam are so coooooool and i want to get some, but all that i see and like are kits, i dont want to be building kits, but what i do want is goodies like the perfect grades double O to be available pre built and such like my yamato and bandai macross, does this exsist, and can someone be pointing me in theeeeee correct direction to find this THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If you want pre-built Gundam toys there aren't many choices available. Of what's available, I'd recommend the following lines -

1. Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite - These are generally in 1:100 scale and feature the use of diecast metal in key locations. They are expensive but exceptionally well made. However, variety is very limited and seems to concentrate on UC Era mecha.

2. Gundam Fix Figuration Next Generation - This is new line that just started. Basically a smaller version of the Metal Composite line at 1:144 scale. Again, variety is limited.

3. Super HCM Pro - These are all-plastic toys that are in 1:144 scale. These toys generally have lots of gimmicks like opening hatches and whatnot. Articulation is superb and although it is all plastic, they do seem to hold up well.

4. Robot Damashii - Another new line but this one seems to be lots of support and faster releases. However, these toys are not set to any scale size. Very articulated. Not sure about durability.

Gundam is generally supported more by model kits than toys. If you're not absolutely adverse to building kits, you might want to try a few. Most Gundam kits are pretty easy to build as they are snap-together kits. All you need is a pair of nippers, a hobby knife, a panel-lining pen, and a bit of time.

Edited by Vifam7

Opened up and played with my Destroy mode Unicorn a bit today. A lot less bland than the standard version but some of the extra bits tend to get in the way. Also as expected the PVC V-fin came slightly bent/warped but not as bad as my Unicorn mode's PVC horn. All the accessories help round out the figure and really the Unicorn mode could have benefited from at least some of the small ones (like the extra epacs).

not a Gundam fig. but it's kind of an offshoot of the GFF/GFFN line ???... Composite Ver. Ka Lancelot Albion

now i'd like to see the Composite Ver. Ka Gurren Lagann. :)

um wow

I really like the Lancelot but the offerings bandai gave were hardly worth it. Now MC Ver Ka? Must on my list