Bump from the dead.

Just got a Robot Damashii Unicorn Gundam today (Unicorn Mode) and I am in love with the RD line now :D I already have the Stark Jegan (VERY VERY excited about this one!) and Geara Zulu on pre-order. I cannot wait for the Stark Jegan!

It's about time the RD line hit some UC Gundams. Nothing else in the RD line really had me interesting except the Macross and FMP stuff.

nice to see somebody else here taking a liking to these RD figs.

got my Unicorn last x-mas... :) can't wait for Destroy mode to come out this month so i can give the bazooka to Unicorn mode ;). Will get the Stark Jegan and V2 Assault Buster too next month. ^_^

post-8437-1265077584_thumb.jpg

post-8437-1265077618_thumb.jpg

not really into FMP, but i have to admit these RD <Side AS> figs are way better that their Revo counterparts... a little bit taller too.

Edited by m0n5t3r

nice to see somebody else here taking a liking to these RD figs.

got my Unicorn last x-mas... :) can't wait for Destroy mode to come out this month so i can give the bazooka to Unicorn mode ;). Will get the Stark Jegan and V2 Assault Buster too next month. ^_^

not really into FMP, but i have to admit these RD <Side AS> figs are way better that their Revo counterparts... a little bit taller too.

Yeah, really happy with the FMP ones.

I also really like the way the RDs smell when they come out of the package. No idea why, it's just a really nice smell.

I've been pretty much on the fence about these RD's. Got a number of MSIA's and even a few EMSIA's, and I'm afraid these RD's will be too big to display with my current figures. I understand the RD's are almost as tall as the Super HCM Pros, but not quite 1/144 scale? WTF?!

if you're a stickler for your figs being in scale w/ each other, then you're not gonna like these... hehe

Unicorn is just about as tall as 00... Exia and 0 Gundam are a little bit taller. Crossbones not shorter than the others as they should be. and it seems like the V2 and the F91 won't be in scale too...

good thing for me i'm not too fussy about scale, exact anime accuracy and whatnot... just as long as my figs are free of any defects. ^_^

Edited by m0n5t3r

Ironically RD was advertised to be superior to MSIA/EMSIA because although technically non scale everything from the same series would be in scale to each other.

I only have the regular Unicorn so far but heres a comparison pic vs MSIA and EMSIA.

th_RDRX0UnicornMode12-7-09004.jpg

It doesn't seem so bad for standard UC size units but the much smaller miniature ms are obviously going to look weird.

Man ! the EMSIA RX looks totally bad and small compare to the MSIA version, its a good thing I didn't purchase it.

Actually although I prefer the MSIA 2.0 JPN version, the EMSIA has it's own strong points. It actually looks more accurate to the original series and has a wider selection of hands among other things. Really depends on what you're looking for.

Can't wait for the inevitable RD RX-78-2 and it's billions of recolours :lol:

Oo, is that a White Dingos colored GM Sniper II like the White Dingos from 0079 Side Story Rise from the Ashes, the Dreamcast game? Rad.

I'm pretty certain it is :) . That was an awesome game too... I am a bit more partial towards the 0080 color scheme (the blue one), looks a bit more SWATish, but I'm definitely getting both.

Edited by Ghost Train

Yeah the White Dingos are from the DC game. So which colour is the Web exclusive :lol:

I already have MSIA, MSIA 2.0 and EMSIA Zaku IIs in multiples but I'll probably get 3 RD Zaku IIs as well.

Other units are from F91 (Crossbone Vanguard).

Also in one of the pics the regular Jegan is visible in what looks like final production quality. Not sure I've seen that yet and still haven't seen preorders for it even though the Stark version has been up for a while.

Edited by bluemax151

Yes, the EMSIA is pretty excellent but so is the MSIA 2.0. They all bring something unique to the table and I bet this offering will too.

and yes X is always pretty much ignored. I assume because it's not real popular in Japan?

Does anyone else in here check gundamboardinaction?

Edited by bluemax151

All 3 of the RX-78-2 models look horrible. The "TV style" looks more like OYW style. The "modified style" is anorexic and ugly. The "heisei style" looks like it belongs in SEED.

you know, other than being really skinny the modified style looks more like the RX-78-2 in the show than the "TV style" does.