Started picking up some of the Universe figs (Wing and Deathscythe). Only interested in a few series (Wing, 08th MS Team, 0080, 0083 mainly...possibly 0079). No interest in Unicorn. I think they hit the spot for $20. ABS, decent accessories, good size, solid build. I wish they were consistent in coloring the yellow within the series... the wing has gold accents and the deathscythe has yellow, but it's weapons are a nice silver. 3rd wave will have Sandrock, Strike (I think) and the Ez-8. I think they're really going for the right part of the US market, nostalgia for the Toonami-era shows particularly. 

I was considering getting the HCM Pro or Robot Spirits versions of the figures got a long time but these figures are cheaper, simpler and larger and in-store convenient. Not a fan of polystyrene either, so no gunpla for me. They're a total win for me (and the first gundams I've bought in nearly a decade). 

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not sure if this one got posted here yet or not:

P-Bandai page is up (and orders are open) for the Glory of the Losers Deathscythe:

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000142325

1000142325_2.jpg

10 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's a Master Grade 1/100 kit. Not a figure. ;)

Would love to have the whole Glory of Losers main MS lineup turn into GFFMC. Why stop at W0? I think even 3rd parties might be able to handle it except for Epyon.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

hj200308.jpg.77563df6e9a7d8e68c123e0978a27d3a.jpghj200309.jpg.81a68b2369d5ab0629193d76d86df2a6.jpghj200310.jpg.e93075732bd044fae231fe2715a04c11.jpg

I could see myself getting one if/when they do the North American type repaint.

2 hours ago, crackpot said:

Would love to have the whole Glory of Losers main MS lineup turn into GFFMC. Why stop at W0? I think even 3rd parties might be able to handle it except for Epyon.

I would love that, but so far it looks like too much to ask. :(

11 hours ago, Archer said:

Really wish they'd get around to doing the RX-79[G] or EZ-8 in GFFMC fashion; those designs are basically asking for it and 08th MS Team is hugely popular (per my understanding at least). 

I hope for that too.  

3 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

I would love 08th mechs in GFFMC :wub:

Yup, need a Gouf Custom GFFMC too :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Two A23 batteries for the stand, confirmed. I believe the backpack uses a total of nine 377 batteries, 3 for each side thruster and 3 for the primary thruster and head. I am still waiting for the button cell batteries to arrive to confirm they are correct though.

I wonder if your response is  meant for @Ridden001 on the 3P Gundam thread?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gundam and Dragon Ball Are Coming to Premium Bandai USA

We are excited to announce nearly two dozen Mobile Suit Gundam and Dragon Ball products will be available directly to United States consumers starting on April 2nd via Premium Bandai USA

Premium Bandai USA is Bandai's official online store and focuses on high-quality anime, video game, and Tokusatsu items. Premium Bandai sells highly sought-after and often exclusive collectibles from various Bandai-owned brands directly to customers. On April 2, 2020, this catalog will expand to feature Tamashii Nations' S.H.Figuarts action figures for Dragon Ball and Bandai Spirits Hobby's Gundam model kits (GUNPLA), including many limited-edition releases that were, until now, available only to the Japanese market.

For a full list of items, please visit the US Premium Bandai website. There you can also enter for a chance to win a number of Gundam and Dragon Ball items, by simply registering on their site.

https://p-bandai.com/us/cont/campaign/gundam-cp01?utm_source=Consumer&utm_campaign=86d3690045-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_03_02_04_36&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_06f57fb12d-86d3690045-87241577&goal=0_06f57fb12d-86d3690045-87241577&mc_cid=86d3690045&mc_eid=b67919ee9c

https://p-bandai.com/us/cont/campaign/dragonball-cp01?utm_source=Consumer&utm_campaign=86d3690045-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_03_02_04_36&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_06f57fb12d-86d3690045-87241577&goal=0_06f57fb12d-86d3690045-87241577&mc_cid=86d3690045&mc_eid=b67919ee9c

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I never thought I would get a GM Cannon let alone two different styles. It's nice the African Campaign Type comes with a GM type beam rifle as well. Still waiting for a White Dingos version though.

Also anyone know when the Tamashii stands became 2 per pack? I swear both the mechanic and humanoid used be 3 per.

RD GM Cannons 2.jpg

Edited by bluemax151

5 hours ago, bluemax151 said:

I never thought I would get a GM Cannon let alone two different styles. It's nice the African Campaign Type comes with a GM type beam rifle as well. Still waiting for a White Dingos version though.

Also anyone know when the Tamashii stands became 2 per pack? I swear both the mechanic and humanoid used be 3 per.

RD GM Cannons 2.jpg

The act combination stands are 2 per pack, the act 4/5 stands should still be 3 per pack. If those got reduced it's pretty weird.

It's not the combination stand. I have some of those as well and they are preferable in certain situations. It's definitely a mechanics stand and it comes with less pieces than before. I thought I still had an original mechanics stand box for reference but I couldn't locate it. I did however find a humanoid for comparison. The original humanoid and mechanics were the same box with different inserts.

Tamashii stands2.jpg

12 hours ago, bluemax151 said:

It's not the combination stand. I have some of those as well and they are preferable in certain situations. It's definitely a mechanics stand and it comes with less pieces than before. I thought I still had an original mechanics stand box for reference but I couldn't locate it. I did however find a humanoid for comparison. The original humanoid and mechanics were the same box with different inserts.

Tamashii stands2.jpg

Huh. That's REALLY damn weird. Were they still the same price or was it at least cheaper? Because on HLJ the listings are now noting they're sets of 2, but the price is also 1k, marked down to 800jpy, when IIRC they used to be 1.5k.

The original price was ¥1,040 at HLJ and ¥980 at AmiAmi. Though prices on line tended to fluctuate as high as $20 iirc. The 2 pack I received recently was $10. I did not get it from HLJ and the website did not have the details documented quite as specifically.

I'm assuming they removed 1 stand and some of the other pieces to keep the MSRP down but I'm a bit disappointed honestly. I can't imagine it costs all that much to produce these at this point. They've been using the same design for ~10 years.

I picked up GoodSmile's simple stand 3 pack to evaluate as a possible replacement. MSRP is ¥1,091. 

On 4/15/2020 at 10:55 AM, bluemax151 said:

The original price was ¥1,040 at HLJ and ¥980 at AmiAmi. Though prices on line tended to fluctuate as high as $20 iirc. The 2 pack I received recently was $10. I did not get it from HLJ and the website did not have the details documented quite as specifically.

I'm assuming they removed 1 stand and some of the other pieces to keep the MSRP down but I'm a bit disappointed honestly. I can't imagine it costs all that much to produce these at this point. They've been using the same design for ~10 years.

I picked up GoodSmile's simple stand 3 pack to evaluate as a possible replacement. MSRP is ¥1,091. 

10 bucks for a two back of basic stands is actually a fantastic deal. I wish it was available stateside.

Technically is available in the US. Bluefin is the US distributor for Bandai and I've bought Tamashii stands from them before. I haven't been to any shows were they have had a booth in over a year so I'm not sure if that's still the case,