11 hours ago, F360 said:

Did their shipping rates go up?  $60 for EMS to California.  Even the cheapest SAL was still like $50.  I know their shipping isn't the cheapest but that seems a bit crazy.  Ferry boat shipping isn't an option for me.

Edited by ps99042

21 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

Did their shipping rates go up?  $60 for EMS to California.  Even the cheapest SAL was still like $50.  I know their shipping isn't the cheapest but that seems a bit crazy.  Ferry boat shipping isn't an option for me.

yeah. instead of increasing the item price, they increased the shipping price.:lol:

But just add up the total. if its it's too high at then end, then just walk away.  That what I do.. 

21300 yen (195.11 USD) shipped by Ferry (registered and tracking but takes like 2 months)

24300 yen (222.59 USD) shipped by EMS .  

By the way.   The MSRP in the USA is probably going to be $219.99 just like the red zaku. and then you might need to add sales tax  :angry:

I went the ferry route to save a bit

12 minutes ago, F360 said:

yeah. instead of increasing the item price, they increased the shipping price.:lol:

But just add up the total. if its it's too high at then end, then just walk away.  That what I do.. 

21300 yen (195.11 USD) shipped by Ferry (registered and tracking but takes like 2 months)

24300 yen (222.59 USD) shipped by EMS .  

By the way.   The MSRP in the USA is probably going to be $219.99 just like the red zaku. and then you might need to add sales tax  :angry:

I went the ferry route to save a bit

True.  Just kind of gave me a shock to see SAL and EMS only $9 different in price.

24 minutes ago, ps99042 said:

True.  Just kind of gave me a shock to see SAL and EMS only $9 different in price.

The real shipping rate base on the previous red Zaku was:

3830-4230 yen for EMS

2220-2420 yen for sal small packet register

5 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

I stopped buying from NY for more than 2 years. The TWEs I order locally, and the rest of the business I gave to other stores. 

I haven't been in the game long. But it's been long enough to know I don't want to deal with NY. I'm done with them too.

I waited on the original release thinking bluefin was gonna get them, and then eventually had to pay the markup because they didn’t.  This time around I jumped on the proxy and import sites right away, then this lol.  Collecting is such a crap shoot

4 hours ago, HG Blows said:

I waited on the original release thinking bluefin was gonna get them, and then eventually had to pay the markup because they didn’t.  This time around I jumped on the proxy and import sites right away, then this lol.  Collecting is such a crap shoot

I did the same for the snow white release and went with a proxy.  I just looked up the tamashii nations 2018 mb strike freedom soul blue msrp and it was 25k Japanese yen which is about $220 usd and bluefin marked it up at $270 for nycc and on their website plus state tax (was almost $300 for me).  So there was a $50 difference b/w the japanese msrp and the US release.  Now if bluefin follows similar suit for the mb wing snow white im guessing bluefin may list it anywhere $30-50 usd more then the japanese msrp which was about $280 (well that was including japanese tax not sure if bluefin is exempt from it). Maybe starting around $300 usd for bluefin + state tax?

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

3 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

It does seem like their site is not processing after add to cart.

I called them. They said they would check into it. I asked if they could take my order over the phone. They said no.

I'm not going to be able to keep after this. I'm out the door right now. Looks like I'm not meant to have one.

If someone gets an extra let me know. I'll take it.

6 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I called them. They said they would check into it. I asked if they could take my order over the phone. They said no.

I'm not going to be able to keep after this. I'm out the door right now. Looks like I'm not meant to have one.

yea their site is crap... hanging on checkout. Spinning wheel of death!

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I've gotcha

with the CAL sales tax,  it would be close to the same price as getting it from a proxy in japan. :ph34r:.   But if you get more the flat rate $6 will help you save more.

$274 + $10  (Proxy fee and domestic shipping) from proxy  + international shipping

$280 from blue-fin +$23.80 TAX and $6 flat rate shipping . $309.80

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like still available. I'd grab one but already have an order via a proxy.

Same. I have two. Plus i paid a premium via yahoo jp for the first batch in may. Got itchy fingers after the first night. XD

I calculated the cost difference and I'm paying an extra 20 each over ordering from bluefin and new york state tax. :unknw:

Edit*

I read on Bluefins response to someone's reply (on ig or twitter) is that Bluefin has a "big upcoming announcement" to make in the near future. I hope this is in regards to tamashii nation and pbandai exclusive distribution in the US. I don't want to get into the habit of preorder night madness for pbandai stuff. It's already bad enough we do it for Macross stuff cause of bigwest and HG licensing. 

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

9 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I read on Bluefins response to someone's reply (on ig or twitter) is that Bluefin has a "big upcoming announcement" to make in the near future. I hope this is in regards to tamashii nation and pbandai exclusive distribution in the US. I don't want to get into the habit of preorder night madness for pbandai stuff. It's already bad enough we do it for Macross stuff cause of bigwest and HG licensing. 

I support this statement.