6 hours ago, sqidd said:

I probably didn't looks at the box.

Okays.

6 hours ago, General Rasp said:

The RX-78 Origin is the same quality. There are a few different versions out but the only difference are the tampo decals. The most recent version is the 40th anniversary and was released a month before the Zaku. 

I highly recommend the RX-78.

Honestly the joint tolerances and stuff like the not-very-secure waste are still present on the RX-78 mold to this day and it's saddening. 

The two that are the most to-date in terms of quality and engineering I'd say are the Wing Gundam EW and Char's Zaku II. They're also the two "current" pieces in those respects so I'd say it's to be expected.

I really wish they'd do some updates to stuff like the RX-78 and Phoenix if they're going to keep re releasing them as current pieces.

2 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Okays.

When I got the Zaku II I didn't know what Gundam or Metal Build was. It may have been my first non Macross purchase. I saw a pic of it on here and liked it so much I pulled the trigger.

Now I would notice.

10 minutes ago, sqidd said:

When I got the Zaku II I didn't know what Gundam or Metal Build was. It may have been my first non Macross purchase. I saw a pic of it on here and liked it so much I pulled the trigger.

Now I would notice.

yeah. those gundams are definitely eye catchers.  But like @Kuma Style said, the Wing Gundam EW and Char's Zaku II are really the only 2 current ones.  All the rest including the 40th anniversary are reissues with different coloring/markings.    

you can take a look at their release here

https://tamashii.jp/item_brand/gugundam_fix_figuration_metal/

https://tamashii.jp/item_brand/metal_build/

3 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

For anyone who's built the Hi Resolution Models, thoughts?

The prebuilt metal frame is nice, but after putting the outer amor on,parts can fall off easily when you move them.   They do look very good after you pose them. 

They also lack in markings ,decals, and tampo.   :mellow:.

17 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

For what they are, I believe the hi resolution models are fantastic models. I love the color separation, the possibility and the gloss along with most of the parts are under gated. Some do have a few fiddly parts put nothing a drop of glue won't fix. I have the wing zero custom and waiting to build the god Gundam. To me personally, they go well with my ver. ka. Kits.

28 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

They really look good out of the box (without any custom painting, etc), however, the first two hi-res, the Barbatos and Wing Zero are "grenades", parts flying with the slightest movement. So if you're planning to play those two, better glue the parts. However, the succeeding ones (Wing, Astray Red Frame, Astray Noir, etc) are quite solid. So Bandai learned something from the first two hi-res

There's very little metal content in HiRM models so keep that in mind and they are essentially like any other Gundam model out there except it has a pre-built inner frame. The glossy armor parts are beautiful and all you need is a little bit of panel lining to make the details pop. These aren't toys so a light touch when posing is required. I love the look of them but I can't stand the lack of heft/durability.

Steer clear of Wing Zero EW and Barbatos units since they have serious tolerance issues with armor popping off as mentioned above. The Gundam Wing Zero, Astrays, and God Gundam are great overall.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

Sweet, are these tough to get a hold off or pretty easy since they are p-bandai?

Hard to say honestly. It depends on the popularity and Bandai's asinine way of allocating available units. They may open another round or 2 if it sells out quickly but there is no way to know. 

26 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Darn, had to go with my backup proxy (DeJapan) rather than FromJapan.

I really wish you could use a Tenso address for P-Bandai account registration.

Does FromJapan automatically notify you if they have received their max units when you place the order? Or do you have to wait for an email from them? How successful are they though in placing high demand TWE orders? 

10 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Does FromJapan automatically notify you if they have received their max units when you place the order? Or do you have to wait for an email from them? How successful are they though in placing high demand TWE orders? 

For this item FromJapan already stated that they've reached their max amount of orders on their site once you submit the item link.

16 minutes ago, moose said:

https://sp.tamashii.jp/item/13102/

Do we have to use a proxy service for the OO rizer gundam as well I cant see on the usual places

Yes , but it’s for a lottery sale later on.

you can get the ones that’s already out 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07X58PLWH/ref=pd_gwm_cr_simh_1?pf_rd_s=grid-2&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pd_rd_wg=CbCf7&pd_rd_r=RXFGKZC0GDRG33KQRQEK&pd_rd_w=5Si3B&pf_rd_r=RXFGKZC0GDRG33KQRQEK&pf_rd_p=b201683f-cf5d-4298-b560-6a09548a6902&pd_rd_i=B07X58PLWH

or use a proxy to get it for you from yahoo Japan auctions .  There’s buy it now prices around 31000 yen .

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Yes , but it’s for a lottery sale later on.

you can get the ones that’s already out 

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B07X58PLWH/ref=pd_gwm_cr_simh_1?pf_rd_s=grid-2&pf_rd_t=Gateway&pf_rd_i=mobile&pf_rd_m=AN1VRQENFRJN5&pd_rd_wg=CbCf7&pd_rd_r=RXFGKZC0GDRG33KQRQEK&pd_rd_w=5Si3B&pf_rd_r=RXFGKZC0GDRG33KQRQEK&pf_rd_p=b201683f-cf5d-4298-b560-6a09548a6902&pd_rd_i=B07X58PLWH

or use a proxy to get it for you from yahoo Japan auctions .  There’s buy it now prices around 31000 yen .

Is there any difference between this one and the new one?

2 hours ago, moose said:

Is there any difference between this one and the new one?

It’s the same since it’s the designers blu ver.  The ones that’s out right now were preordered from p-Bandai and sold at the tamashii nation 2019 event which if you were trying to get it at the time would require you to paid a proxy to go to the event to get it (not cheap)

Bandai opened another batch for preorder  after the event but the ones for Japan will only be by lottery.  P-Bandai in other countries like  Hong Kong  , Singapore, Taiwan , China  does not allow a lottery preorder system so they were open up like normal tamashii preorders and were sold out just as fast.  

11 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

so the 1st reissue seven sword 7g is not the same color as the new raiser. i wonder if the little jet will match in color with the reprint seven sword. 

I don't think it will. It seems the designer blue 00 Raiser is more like periwinkle blue.