On 6/13/2019 at 7:23 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

oww this a thing?

i don't think any sane person brought it.

it's prob the scalpers. 

test: did anyone order and pay for one? (pay upfront) here?

I was able to secure one at cdj as they opened po window almost 6 hours before any other retailer and was in stock for close to an hour. I stayed up to try and get a cheaper order through a amiami and hlj and both sold out within seconds... Along with every other site.

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks! ;)

Don't want to be a bad guy here, but now I'm wishing that some 3P company should make a Metal Build scale of this and price it affordably. Fin Funnels and Effects included. ^_^ 

Even a 1/72 Nu from moshow would be a no brainer for most here...i'm not knocking bandai for what they are doing, they are running a business afterall...jus not my cup of tea

53 minutes ago, bleecher said:

I was able to secure one at cdj as they opened po window almost 6 hours before any other retailer and was in stock for close to an hour. I stayed up to try and get a cheaper order through a amiami and hlj and both sold out within seconds... Along with every other site.

nice! congrats on getting one. seems really hard to get.

now i want one...

12 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Just went live at big bad toy store

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/95705

That's... actually not bad, considering it's $4 shipping.

Cheaper than buying it from HLJ/CDJ.

edit: $934 shipped.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

I can afford it, but as I thought about it, I concluded that I would be buying a $1000 statue (or paperweight, depending on your perspective). A toy this expensive I would barely handle at all, so as not to damage it even a little bit, not even minor wear and tear from just being handled as a toy.

And I'm not a big enough Gundam fan to drop that much money for a statue. I'll continue waiting for a Metal Build Nu Gundam...

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

only if you do^_^

Ha! I know what you did there, David. Don't want to be entangled with peer pressure. :lol: 

40 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I can afford it, but as I thought about it, I concluded that I would be buying a $1000 statue (or paperweight, depending on your perspective). A toy this expensive I would barely handle at all, so as not to damage it even a little bit, not even minor wear and tear from just being handled as a toy.

And I'm not a big enough Gundam fan to drop that much money for a statue. I'll continue waiting for a Metal Build Nu Gundam...

Amen to that. Expensive and no room to display. I rather have one in 1/100 scale. :drinks:

Since they already have the framework, I can see a Perfect Grade Rx-93 incoming in the future.

yeah, 1/100 scale would work great..... if they make one for their Metal Composite line, I will buy it for sure. 

3 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Big gundam looks good but I’d be a little afraid about how the joints are gonna hold up. Kinda new territory.  I’d hate to have a big floppy $1000 mess. 

lucky for you there is not much articulation..,..   It will post but don't expect normal figure movements.  It's made to stand all day , everyday ,looking at it's best in the most normal standard pose possible.   The main articulations are all in the movable parts of it's armor, pistons, and detail on top of detail parts sandwich together.  :D

4 hours ago, de_005 said:

Thanks for this link!!! Thought I missed out while I was at work.  

On 6/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, no3Ljm said:

Metal Build Gundams are 1/100, David. I thought when I posted the image before a day this got an official annoucement did, it's going to be 1/35. Didn't expect that it's just the same as Perfect Grades. Not that I'm concerned knowing that I didn't went online last night and I'm not planning on getting it. So that's $1K savings for me. I love Nu-Gundam but not $1K crazy. :lol:

Peer pressure, my friend? :rolleyes:

I'm just surprised that Bandai announced a regular release item the same day they open it for preorder. Love to hate, Bandai. Love to hate. :p

the Nu Gundam is my fav mobile suit / mecha. But Right now I cant spend 1k for me it would be around 1500 canadian then shipping yeah no that is just unacceptable. There will be other options and that is good for us cheap bastards that have other fiduciary priorities

4 hours ago, F360 said:

lucky for you there is not much articulation..,..   It will post but don't expect normal figure movements.  It's made to stand all day , everyday ,looking at it's best in the most normal standard pose possible.   The main articulations are all in the movable parts of it's armor, pistons, and detail on top of detail parts sandwich together.  :D

this reminds me of the early perfect grade gbp-01 with the hanger deck. not much pose ability but looked like a nice display piece.  

Edited by davidwhangchoi

On 6/14/2019 at 9:08 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

this reminds me of the early perfect grade gbp-01 with the hanger deck. not much pose ability but looked like a nice display piece.  

It does, especially with the hangar and all. ^_^

I'm interested how this Metal Structure turns out. At the moment it is too expensive for not knowing on what it can to. So I'm looking forward to the first review. 

I wonder if they would do a Hi-Nu as a Metal Structure release since the Hi-Nu is my favorite UC Gundam suit. 

Obviously I would prefer the Nu, Hi-Nu and Sazabi as a 1/100 releases since they fit better in my collection but I could see me buying one of those as a one off, end all be all of all Mobile Suits toys. ^_^

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

Obviously I would prefer the Nu, Hi-Nu and Sazabi as a 1/100 releases since they fit better in my collection but I could see me buying one of those as a one off, end all be all of all Mobile Suits toys. ^_^

That's what I told myself after getting the MB F91, then Blue Astray, then 00...:p

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

I'm not even sure what to consider this, but I guess it belongs in this thread more than the Gunpla one.  I'm kind of at a loss for words:

That's awesome. Educational AND fun.

• 3 weeks later...

There’s a teaser picture of a rd ver anime Xamel going around. I’m surprised they didn’t just do a zaku f2 or dom tropen for the zeon from 0083. Instead they decided to pull out the big guns and I’m totally ok with that.