4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Nippon-Yasan are just a bunch of scalpers. The 2nd release of the Robot Spirits Nightingale came in and NY is asking for more money. 

"Unfortunately this order is bigger than expected therefore we will have to ask you for additional shipping"

BS, you knew how big the figure was from the first shipment. I am switching to someone else for P-Bandai orders. 

Are the third party proxy site prices comparable to NY, like FromJapan or Buyee? I would just stick with BBTS but US sellers get even more expensive. 

I am paying 29,380 yen with EMS shipping plus the "additional fee" of 1,400 yen for a total of 30,780 yen or 275.02 usd. BBTS list price was 385.00. 

Is that a PreOrder of the 2nd batch (release this April) or you ordered it after release (in Stock status)? From what I can gather, the 1st and 2nd batch seems to have the same PO period (but different release dates), so if you PO'ed it  then that's the reason why NY don't have the exact shipping during the time of order. But if you order it after release, then I'll be pissed as well if their shipping is not accurate since they should have adjusted it after release. I also encounter NY's shipping shenanigans and not amused by it, but in most cases the total cost is still below alternatives and didn't have any delivery issues with them, that's why still buying from them.

In general when I PO in NY especially for items expected to have big packaging, I always expect that they'll ask more for shipping (at release), so I include that in my calculation. If the alternative sources are cheaper than my calculation or equal, then I might go with the other sources (especially if the alternative is more consistent or have better customer support).

15 hours ago, General Rasp said:

Nippon-Yasan are just a bunch of scalpers. The 2nd release of the Robot Spirits Nightingale came in and NY is asking for more money. 

"Unfortunately this order is bigger than expected therefore we will have to ask you for additional shipping"

BS, you knew how big the figure was from the first shipment. I am switching to someone else for P-Bandai orders. 

Are the third party proxy site prices comparable to NY, like FromJapan or Buyee? I would just stick with BBTS but US sellers get even more expensive. 

I am paying 29,380 yen with EMS shipping plus the "additional fee" of 1,400 yen for a total of 30,780 yen or 275.02 usd. BBTS list price was 385.00. 

It all depends on when you preoder the item.  was it before the release of the 1st shipment?,  if so then they did not know the size and weight at the time.

I used, Fromjapan and Zenmarket,.  Price is similar to N-Y.   If you get just 1 item then N-Y might be cheaper.   But if you get 2 or more then those proxy site would be cheaper.  

• 4 weeks later...

Bandai announced an add-on weapon for Metal Damashii Hi-Nu Gundam. Hyper Mega Bazooka Launcher.

metal_damashii_hinu_bazooka_rs70.jpg.c7f2090273e3a86b5ab094280bb82ca0.jpg

This is how it looks on the Super Robot Wars X.

metal_damashii_hinu_bazooka_srwxbatch25_thumb.jpg.bac0e87d2129c5a84a59f1158f22829a.jpg

I kind of wish that they should also include a HWS add-ons just to complete the set.

Edited by no3Ljm

I'm pretty excited about the RD Guncannon Heavy Custom that's coming out. I'm really impressed Bandai is releasing so many MSV units, especially the Federation ones. Not too many new parts but the color scheme really pops. I'm still hoping they do a Mass Production Guncannon and a White Dingos variant.

Guncannon Heavy

Normally I love gold chrome but this just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's just bad photography but the color and texture look awful. Also Cagalli  is a terrible character who negatively effects the resale value of any MS she pilots just by existing.

9 minutes ago, Drad said:

Is that Akatsuki going to be available through the usual vendors? 

It’s a Tamashii Webshop exclusive. Nippon Yassan has had for a week I think. You could also try Big in Japan. Bigbadtoystore has them up too but at a ridiculous price 

13 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

It’s a Tamashii Webshop exclusive. Nippon Yassan has had for a week I think. You could also try Big in Japan. Bigbadtoystore has them up too but at a ridiculous price 

Thanks. I've shopped with both Nippon-Yasan and Big In Japan before. Both have been good. Gotta decide which one to go with, I guess. I'm not a fan of the Akatsuki's pilot, but that gold plating and helmet crest have always appealed to me. I've been waiting for a figure that'd be a good contrast to my Metal Robot Spirits MSZ-006 ZetaPlus C1. Looks like this will do nicely.

13 minutes ago, Drad said:

Thanks. I've shopped with both Nippon-Yasan and Big In Japan before. Both have been good. Gotta decide which one to go with, I guess. I'm not a fan of the Akatsuki's pilot, but that gold plating and helmet crest have always appealed to me. I've been waiting for a figure that'd be a good contrast to my Metal Robot Spirits MSZ-006 ZetaPlus C1. Looks like this will do nicely.

It is tempting to get. It isn't offend you can buy a gold plated gundam figure 

I'm calling it now, $200 for just the fin funnels. Maybe this thing will tank and it will go on a modest discount for $600. :lol: Kidding aside, I really think this is an amazing display piece and I applaud Bandai for having the balls to release this. 

to be fair, just basing it on the figure's details (pictures), custom painted/built MG/PG kits in YAJ  with similar level of details usually hovers around the same price range or even more. Assuming of course that you like the design of the Metal Structure Nu Gundam, I think the price reflects what it might cost you if you commissioned someone with the same level of details (not to mention that the figure has die cast contents).

15 minutes ago, bleecher said:

What time does this main unit  going on sale and did I jus thappen to miss when the preorder for the fins will be active? 

Seems like the reservation will be open to dealers/retailers June 13 local time (which is basically this evening for western TZs) and is a general (regular?) store release. Hopefully, the price point will keep in check the crazy PO that can happen on Bandai's regular release products (e.g. the recent 1/48 VF-1S, MB EVA).

17 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

Seems like the reservation will be open to dealers/retailers June 13 local time (which is basically this evening for western TZs) and is a general (regular?) store release. Hopefully, the price point will keep in check the crazy PO that can happen on Bandai's regular release products (e.g. the recent 1/48 VF-1S, MB EVA).

Yea I am very curious how fast or even if this figure will sell out day one.