2 hours ago, hachi said:

What's the difference with the Robot Spirits toys? Is there really a need for these?

After getting a few of the Robot Spirits ANIME line I can say they are much better quality and engineering from 5 years ago. Based on the pictures it looks like the Gundam Universe line will be the new entry level action figures for kids. The ANIME releases have a plethora of option and effects parts for dioramas or scenes from the series. Those are more for teen and adult collectors. 

2 hours ago, hachi said:

What's the difference with the Robot Spirits toys? Is there really a need for these?

Yeah, like General Rasp said it's aiming for kids. And one of the main big difference is already the size. They're 6 inches. I don't think it's going to replace nor rival the Robot Spirits line.

This reminds me of some of the Banpresto Gundam figures before. There's limitation on some areas but it's more durable for playing for younger kids. And besides, Bandai's going to do what Bandai's going to do -- they will always keep on releasing new lines of the old figures. ^_^ 

Aren't RDs around the 5-6" mark too? 12-15cm... That sounds about right. About the same size as 1/144 kits, maybe smaller, maybe bigger.

Edit: gah, hit Post before I was finished.

Anyway, is it 3000 yen per figure? If so, I'm not sure how it's supposed to distinguish itself from RD. Price is about the same, size is the same, apparently it will have fewer accessories than RD... Or am I vastly underestimating the price of RD? I want to say they're generally in the 2500-4000 range...

Edited by kajnrig

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Aren't RDs around the 5-6" mark too? 12-15cm... That sounds about right. About the same size as 1/144 kits, maybe smaller, maybe bigger.

Edit: gah, hit Post before I was finished.

Anyway, is it 3000 yen per figure? If so, I'm not sure how it's supposed to distinguish itself from RD. Price is about the same, size is the same, apparently it will have fewer accessories than RD... Or am I vastly underestimating the price of RD? I want to say they're generally in the 2500-4000 range...

rd's are more like 4-5" and 3500~6000JPY

This are going to bigger but cheaper (so presumably simpler/less detailed/with fewer accessories).

Edited by anime52k8

On 1/11/2019 at 10:59 PM, General Rasp said:

After getting a few of the Robot Spirits ANIME line I can say they are much better quality and engineering from 5 years ago. Based on the pictures it looks like the Gundam Universe line will be the new entry level action figures for kids. The ANIME releases have a plethora of option and effects parts for dioramas or scenes from the series. Those are more for teen and adult collectors. 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:08 PM, no3Ljm said:

Yeah, like General Rasp said it's aiming for kids. And one of the main big difference is already the size. They're 6 inches. I don't think it's going to replace nor rival the Robot Spirits line.

This reminds me of some of the Banpresto Gundam figures before. There's limitation on some areas but it's more durable for playing for younger kids. And besides, Bandai's going to do what Bandai's going to do -- they will always keep on releasing new lines of the old figures. ^_^ 

Thanks for the clarification. I guess parents who have the $$$ will buy these for their kids.

57 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

GFFMC RX78-02 Gundam [40th Anniversary Ver]

1887696551_HJ190301hobbyjapan_1903_gffmc_rx78-02.jpg.67e6d9a5c83fce9713b790f268a81110.jpg

I'll probably jump on this release since there's no assurance if the RX-78 will get released in Metal Build format.

I bought the one from 2 years ago. It was a solid toy and fun to mess around with. I’ll probably buy this one too if there’s some difference. Anyone know if there is anything new or different for this release.

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

1887696551_HJ190301hobbyjapan_1903_gffmc_rx78-02.jpg.67e6d9a5c83fce9713b790f268a81110.jpg

I'll probably jump on this release since there's no assurance if the RX-78 will get released in Metal Build format.

14 hours ago, F360 said:

This is base on The Origin ver, with different marking, so the posablilty is already pretty good.  It also already have lots of diecast too.

I'm sure they will include a DISPLAY stand this time, instead of just the BASE.   :rolleyes:

is this one good? 

tempting

6 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

is this one good? 

tempting

Based on everyone's feedback here like F360's, the figure is great. Almost as par with a MB figure. Though I'm really not a big fan of this redesigned RX-78 (I do like the RX-78 redesign from MG kits OYW and Ver.3), and I don't have a Metal Build-esque Grandad Gundam so I'll settle with this one.

5 hours ago, F360 said:

I already have the Origin ver and it’s awesome ,so depending on the price for the remarking and possible extras 

I just hope it's somewhere around Y10000+ and not Y15000+.

31 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

You're not alone...had to resist grabbing the Eva but this RX-78 will be a tough one to pass up.  No PO date set yet right?

No PO date yet. And no release date mentioned in that photo too.

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

You're not alone...had to resist grabbing the Eva but this RX-78 will be a tough one to pass up.  No PO date set yet right?

yeah i just cancelled EVa from hlj, sadly i can't afford it in the coming month. 

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Based on everyone's feedback here like F360's, the figure is great. Almost as par with a MB figure. Though I'm really not a big fan of this redesigned RX-78 (I do like the RX-78 redesign from MG kits OYW and Ver.3), and I don't have a Metal Build-esque Grandad Gundam so I'll settle with this one.

i was always curious about this figure. sounds very solid

41 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yeah i just cancelled EVa from hlj, sadly i can't afford it in the coming month. 

i was always curious about this figure. sounds very solid

I feel you, David. If only we have unlimited supply of cash then it's not a problem for us. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 3:47 PM, no3Ljm said:

This will probably be slightly better than a Metal Build if the GFFMC Wing 0 is any indication.

1 hour ago, JakCrow said:

This will probably be slightly better than a Metal Build if the GFFMC Wing 0 is any indication.

We can already know how it will compare to MB line since it’s already been released twice before :p. This is a 3rd release of this toy, but with new markings. I suspect there will not be any changes to the mold. 

Its a solid toy with excellent articulation, detailing, and gimmicks. I wouldn’t say it’s better than the MB line, but it’s definitely at the same level. It’s leagues better than everything else that came before it in the GFFMC line. 

• 2 weeks later...