To me Metal build is basically just GFFMC without Katoki. The GFF line was always the Ver. Ka toy line; Metal build was effectively just a continuation of what the GFFMC sub line was doing only without Katoki styling. I feel like the areas where Metal Build has been better (more diecast, better articulation, etc.) are more to do with what suits each line has done and the fact that Metal Build are newer (IIRC, wing zero is going to be the first completely new GFFMC since the metal build line was introduced).

7 hours ago, F360 said:

Look at the detail on those wings . :wub:

My PG Wing Zero just keeps looking worse over time.  Sigh, think I'll have to get both the High-Res and the GFF... (never did buy the MG, and the RG is basically lacking the multi-tone coloring that defines RG to me)

I've never liked the design of any model or toy wing zero they just never caught my attention. Gundam wing introduced me to gundam so I always wanted a wing zero I think I'm gonna jump in with this wing zero. It looks really good to me.

The that thick candy-finish look is probably because they actually did a quick paint work on the sample. 

GFFMC has been using a glossy light Prism coating on pretty much all their Unicorn releases.  micro glitters here ,there, everywhere.  I think the last one with matte finish was the rx-78-2 origin reissue.

more pics

095937txem8rxzxssi1sts.thumb.jpg.266e956e162fc6e57cca7219b95d262a.jpg

I'd prefer matte to glossy metallic, but awesome is still awesome so I'm getting it either way. I'd also really like a GFFMC Nu Gundam, but that's neither here nor there.

Yeah, GFFMC Wing looks pretty good, it'll be on my "buy" list.

Appreciate all of the insight posted, I know next to nothing about any Gundam beyond what's released in the Metal Build line.

-b.

14 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

I'd prefer matte to glossy metallic, but awesome is still awesome so I'm getting it either way. I'd also really like a GFFMC Nu Gundam, but that's neither here nor there.

If they make a Nu gundam in GFFMC , MB or Hi-Res . It will be instant buy.  If its MB , im sure they will have effects and extra funnels for option part.

I wonder if they plan on making a Metal Robot ver.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I only own Metal Builds so I was curious to know more about the GFFMC line with the new Wing Zero being revealed. I'll be ordering it when it comes out on preorder but just wanted some insight on what I would be getting myself into haha. 

8 hours ago, F360 said:

If they make a Nu gundam in GFFMC , MB or Hi-Res . It will be instant buy.  If its MB , im sure they will have effects and extra funnels for option part.

I wonder if they plan on making a Metal Robot ver.

I want a GFFMC Nu because I want it to look like the MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka. That thing is sexy.

1 hour ago, slaginpit said:

so when does this Wing go up for preorder? I will take the day off work, eating, crapping.

no update on that yet, but since it's wing you should see the announced date all over the place when they do.  someone will post it here for sure.

it will give you plenty of time to get ready for preorder night.  which I always recommend showing up.:p

17 hours ago, F360 said:

no update on that yet, but since it's wing you should see the announced date all over the place when they do.  someone will post it here for sure.

it will give you plenty of time to get ready for preorder night.  which I always recommend showing up.:p

I need to activate alerts on this thread.

Seeing that Metal Damashii's 00 Gundam will have XN-Raiser release soon, hope they make one for the Metal Build counterpart. Wouldn't mind if it's a TWE release though. I mean, they did all that extra big parts with the Red Astray, why can't they do it in 00 Raiser?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Seeing that Metal Damashii's 00 Gundam will have XN-Raiser release soon, hope they make one for the Metal Build counterpart. Wouldn't mind if it's a TWE release though. I mean, they did all that extra big parts with the Red Astray, why can't they do it in 00 Raiser?

they are making a MG version too , so its very likely they will do TWE option parts release of it too. 

3 minutes ago, F360 said:

they are making a MG version too , so its very likely they will do TWE option parts release of it too. 

Yeah, I hope so too. Don't want Bandai to get beat down by Metal Saga and MoShow again. ;)