Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

finally got a CF for the right price but it looks like its a later pull and the mold has degraded somewhat :( (no, it isnt mold flash. onenose cone half is significantly lower than the other and the bottom nose cone mold parts are slightly recessed)

04060012151.jpg

I sanded it down and repainted it, now it looks near perfect. but still, beware. check your wave 4 valks carefully before purchasing!

Also, I have a fix for the joint problems of the v1 wave. stay tuned!

Edited by zanderwitaz

I got my second Toynami 1/100 over the weekend. Now I have a VF-1J Max and VF-1A Hikaru.

On the new one I was transforming it into fighter mode to put onto the stand when I noticed that it can come apart somewhat strangely. If you lock the arms and legs together the way they should, the shoulder and knee joints line up and it's fairly easy to simply pop off the whole leg & arm block. Fortunately it's fairly easy to pop it right back on, but I thought that was a little strange.

I got my second Toynami 1/100 over the weekend. Now I have a VF-1J Max and VF-1A Hikaru.

On the new one I was transforming it into fighter mode to put onto the stand when I noticed that it can come apart somewhat strangely. If you lock the arms and legs together the way they should, the shoulder and knee joints line up and it's fairly easy to simply pop off the whole leg & arm block. Fortunately it's fairly easy to pop it right back on, but I thought that was a little strange.

what happened is toynami forgot to factor in the thickness of the knee part that goes between the polycap and the thigh. as a result, the arms go too far back in jet mode and get pulled out of the upper sockets because the tab holes in the legs are too far back.

if you have a v1, (your vf-1a hikaru is) then you can easily take these knee spacers out.

wave 3 and 4 have slightly different (better) knee polycaps and are much harder to pop off.

finally got a CF for the right price but it looks like its a later pull and the mold has degraded somewhat :( (no, it isnt mold flash. onenose cone half is significantly lower than the other and the bottom nose cone mold parts are slightly recessed)

That sort of deformation can happen as a result of improper de-molding during manufacture of the parts. So it's not necessarily any problems with the tooling.

It usually happens during the head and tail of a manufacturing run. Larger runs of parts are generally pulled and checked at the start and near the end, then discarded. On smaller production runs, the pulls are more limited in quantity, so there's a larger quantity of pieces that might not normally be used. There's less 'fat' to trim on leaner productions, so to speak...

I got 6 of these last week. All the VF-1Js, the VF-1S Fokker & Hikaru and the 1A CF. These are no 1/60v2s for sure, but I just don't have enough space to diplay my 1/60v2s at all right now, so these are a great & cheap alternative. I have them set up with 2 Regults (and a heavy artillery Regult as soon as it arrives) & its very very cool. They look great! My VF-1A CFs paint job is pretty good though, almost matched perfectly... not as bad as some of the pics I have seen.

My only gripe is that almost all of them had cracked joint rings (where the forearms & knees connect) right out of the box! They are all for display so it shouldn't be too much of a problem but still, I wish Toynami addressed this like Yamato addressed the 1/60v2 shoulder joints.

I will buy more if they put them out, like the rest of Vermillion squad and a VF-1D.

I got 6 of these last week. All the VF-1Js, the VF-1S Fokker & Hikaru and the 1A CF. These are no 1/60v2s for sure, but I just don't have enough space to diplay my 1/60v2s at all right now, so these are a great & cheap alternative. I have them set up with 2 Regults (and a heavy artillery Regult as soon as it arrives) & its very very cool. They look great! My VF-1A CFs paint job is pretty good though, almost matched perfectly... not as bad as some of the pics I have seen.

My only gripe is that almost all of them had cracked joint rings (where the forearms & knees connect) right out of the box! They are all for display so it shouldn't be too much of a problem but still, I wish Toynami addressed this like Yamato addressed the 1/60v2 shoulder joints.

I will buy more if they put them out, like the rest of Vermillion squad and a VF-1D.

0414002024.jpg

in progress :)

• 9 months later...

Frak. It took me a few minutes to find this damn thread.

For those that MUST have an Elint or Ostrich in their collection. :lol:

This was spotted at Toy Fair 2011. Thanks to Cybergundam for the pics.

Nice LOW VIS there. :rolleyes:

post-31-129767346155_thumb.jpg

post-31-129767346657_thumb.jpg

post-31-129767347167_thumb.jpg

post-31-129767347838_thumb.jpg

post-31-129767348378_thumb.jpg

post-31-129767348929_thumb.jpg

Frak. It took me a few minutes to find this damn thread.

For those that MUST have an Elint or Ostrich in their collection. :lol:

This was spotted at Toy Fair 2011. Thanks to Cybergundam for the pics.

Nice LOW VIS there. :rolleyes:

Finally.

These are a definite must have!

Macross 1/100 scale series 6

These are deluxe set with armour accessories.

VF-1D Trainer type

VT-1b Super Ostrich type-b

VE-1b Elintseeker type-b

These will have new chest plates and wind shield parts. VT and VE will also have new wing parts.

These Super Ostrich and Elintseeker are called type-b because their tailwings folds flat to connects to booster packs.

Color may vary in final product.

post-6518-129770985351_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129770988486_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129770990519_thumb.jpg

post-6518-12977099752_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771001771_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771002616_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771004372_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771008308_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771009524_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771011012_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771012843_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771025325_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771027774_thumb.jpg

post-6518-129771031938_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maiden Japan

Hey MJ,

If all goes well with the sales of these next series, might I suggest the following:

- DYRL VF-1A Kakyzaky

- TV VF-1A "Dark Bird"

- VF-1J Stealth Type (Bronze Accents)

Last release:

- VF-1A Angel Birds /with fan racer

- VF-1J CF Hikaru Command Type

- VF-1S 30th Anniv. Valk.

BTW - Great looking sculpts.

Thanks for suggestion NB4M, I'll see if any would make to the next series.

Perhaps for Comic-con exclusive? How does VF-1S 30th Anniv. color look like?

As for Glaug, it is in tooling stage right now in China.

We should have a test shot coming sometime next month.

So we expect around May/June release.

The groupings seem a bit awkward. I love the 2 seater wave but the grouping of two non-canon schemes with a VF-1S Max? Peculiar. The LowVis 1A and the Comic-Con scheme 1J seem like perfect fodder for event exclusives. It seems like the VF-1S Max would go better with a 1A Hayao DYRL and a 1A Max TV or something.