Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

Jenius, are you going to pick these up to review? We'd love your expert opinion! :)

I have quite the backlog going on right now and it's my busy season but I would love to. it looks like they're going for a bit more right now than I'd like to spend based on my previous experience though.

I see you guys liked the new Toynami releases, I guess they will only be sold in USA, it's ironic it`s gonna be easier to get the incoming Bandai Hi Metal releases for Latin American fans, through web retailers.. Anyway... Since Toynami has an agreement with HG it would be nice they released the Robotech Battlecry videogame custom Valks...Well yes, I must confess I have been playing it recently, My guilty pleasure... :unsure:

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I meant I want one redone with the newer plastic. I was actually going to just try to get the one from series 2, but since I've played with the new ones and saw the better joints I'm going to hold out. I saw on toynami's facebook page that said toynami might release another set with the max 1j and maybe the regults if the sales of this current set justify it.

Thank you so much for your reviews, jenius! I really appreciate the great time and care you've put into them. It is and has been a great resource!

Edited by rasky

20150128 231419

Hi lazywork,

Yeah, I actually have the old weapon sets too! I bought them when I saw they were super cheap online.

The arm and leg armor fit perfectly.

HOWEVER the backpack is too tight. When I put the two pieces on I really had to push them in, and then as soon as I did I realized that probably cracked the circle joints. Those are the only rings that have cracked so far.

Afterwards, I used a hobby knife and shaved everything down so that it's not too tight. I'll definitely do that before I put the packs on for the other figures.

I'll take more pictures later today if I can!

Hi lazywork,

Yeah, I actually have the old weapon sets too! I bought them when I saw they were super cheap online.

The arm and leg armor fit perfectly.

HOWEVER the backpack is too tight. When I put the two pieces on I really had to push them in, and then as soon as I did I realized that probably cracked the circle joints. Those are the only rings that have cracked so far.

Afterwards, I used a hobby knife and shaved everything down so that it's not too tight. I'll definitely do that before I put the packs on for the other figures.

I'll take more pictures later today if I can!

ah sorry to hear about the cracked joints :/

But great to hear they still fit! I did notice the strike packs were cheap online as to why i had to ask! Defintely appreciate the response ;)

The ToyArk review had this to say about the plastic:

"Plastic quality could have been better"

So make of that what you will.

Here's the review:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/02/04/robotech-30th-anniversary-vf-1j-rick-hunters-veritech-fighter-149358

I would have to actually handle one of these before spending any money on one.

And even then it could degrade over time like most other Toynami toys I've owned.

Mm. Don't like at all. Huge gaps between the air intakes and wing gloves in fighter, fugly swing bars, iffy paint apps, and shoddy build quality. The stand allows for good poses, but if you look at the fighter mode pics, the arm tilts in the base depending on how the Valkyrie is posed. Finally, the head is mounted on a hell of a "neck", and in fighter the whole thing appears to be hanging out in the slipstream.

Standard "good enough" from Toynami.

On Youtube i found this!!!!!!!

With in 6seconds of the video they have for $70 bucks. a VF-1J with GBP Armor on???

did they finally make GBP???

I Hope its also released in its own Package as just Armor to buy and i hope they make Urban Color Camo

i would add that to Roy

But lets be honest.

Toynami version VF1s...are ok. there not great. but cheap well sorta cheap if you dont want to buy over seas because of Over Price and value of limited amount of Copys made making the item rare as S$$$! lol

anyway just thought i let you guys know that this is happening

but we dont even know for shore if it will be released or not. it just says TBA. so the odds are endless of what could happen

maybe it will be released. maybe not. next year? or in 3months??? i dont know lol

anyway, any thoughs???

it kinda looks cool. but cheap. no stickers. well major ones like the Number 1 on the chest.

• 2 weeks later...

THESE PICTURES I HAVE AN IDEA

First off. i know for Toynami the VF1s can only hold a Gun on the RIGHT Hand. can someone make a Custom LEFT Hand Trigger for me???

im ganna make a BADASS Picture of my VF-1S Roy Toynami Fig

how about i take the GBP Armor. put it on. BUT When it comes to thrusters. Replace the Normal GBP Thruster with the Super Pack CANNONS BOTH on each side. and 2guns in each hand. and Bean Cannons on the VF1Ss Head Pointed ALL in front. that would be amazing to see right there with ALL OUT Weaponary ready to take a whole army down Final Stand Man! lol

IMG_0882.jpg
IMG_0883.jpg
IMG_0884.jpg

THESE PICTURES I HAVE AN IDEA

First off. i know for Toynami the VF1s can only hold a Gun on the RIGHT Hand. can someone make a Custom LEFT Hand Trigger for me???

im ganna make a BADASS Picture of my VF-1S Roy Toynami Fig

how about i take the GBP Armor. put it on. BUT When it comes to thrusters. Replace the Normal GBP Thruster with the Super Pack CANNONS BOTH on each side. and 2guns in each hand. and Bean Cannons on the VF1Ss Head Pointed ALL in front. that would be amazing to see right there with ALL OUT Weaponary ready to take a whole army down Final Stand Man! lol

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

AMAZING IDEA!!!!!!