Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

Attention Macross fans, we are excited to announce that the new Robotech Zentraedi Light Artillery Battlepods have landed! This 1/100th scale vinyl figure features rotational cannon joints and 12 points of articulation. Keep your eyes open for this long awaited collector’s item to hit retailers near you!

http://www.facebook....44315245&type=1

313002_195611513849494_124287344315245_430174_1644189286_n.jpg

Glaug is still pending. F@#%☆&g economy.

Can the economy really be delaying/holding production on these toys? This line was supposedly developed BECAUSE of the poor economy as the lower price point was better that the Masterpiece price point. More importantly though, what about the VE-1 and VT-1?

Why the hell did this take so long to come out? Like everyone else said, the battlepod is the same for all 3 they just added weapons, I can understand the Glaug since it's a brand new mold, but damn Toynami, how terrible are you?

I believe a couple of months ago, Daisuke indicated that they were completed but waiting in China for shipment, pending more preorder sales.

They have to be paid for before they're shipped, which requires enough preorder sales.

The deal is usually half-down for manufacturing, and the remainder before shipping.

Is it just me, or is this one exactly like the other Battlepod releases except for different weapons over its head?

You have watched Macross, haven't you? ^_^

Edited by AcroRay

I dimly recall back in the 80s I had purchased a couple of heavy or light Missile Regult plastic kits and built them as standards, because I couldn't find any standard-version kits. They were just the standard-type kits, with an additional sprue of parts for the launchers and alternate hardpoint.

Toynami's missile-types have the weapon hardpoint replaced with the missile launcher mounting, and its very thoroughly glued tight. You could probably mod it to be a standard, but you'd have to do some cutting & painting.

Edited by AcroRay

One word: Accessories

Rebuttal to my One word: $$$Money$$$

Well, you HAVE to expect Toynami to milk a mold like every other company.

True.

Still, it would have been nice to get swappable weapons. I mean I would like to have one of each, but I only bought one standard version, and I have no intention of getting other versions. I suppose there are some that will feel compelled to get one or more of each. But, I think they might be inclined to get more than 1 anyway.

One of these days, people will figure out again that people enjoy having options. They're pretty much shooting themselves in the foot not including all the various types as optional parts, because they'd sell more that way, and be able to charge a bit more for the package because of the extra parts.

It's the same mistake Netflix just made, thinking people would prefer having the dvd rental service entirely separate from the streaming service. Even if customers don't ever use the physical dvd service, the option is there, and you feel you're getting more value for your money.

Fortunately for Netflix, they were able to get a lesson first-hand about why that was a bad idea. I don't know if Toynami has that luxury, because I don't know that they've ever done so much business with these that such a change would bring a noticeable profit. :huh:

I don't know much of Toynami but was left baffled with their 1/100 ve-1, vt-1 and Glaug, can't wait to see them on the market and put my (greedy) paws on it :3

I really hope they won't be stuck as "promising projects" and will be released since nothing equivalent seems to be awaited from the Bandai 1/100 Hi-Metal series.

Where can I get one online? I can't see it in the local shops...

Edit: I mean, a shop preferrably locates in Asia. I've googled a couple of shops, but the shipping is way more expensive than the Regult itself to ship from North America to Hong Kong.

Edited by ff95gj

Got my "light missile" pod in the mail today. Not much to say really...same as all the others..with a different attachment on top. I will say it goes nicely in my case and now that I have all 3 variants...when I get my 1:100 Glaug model kit built...it is gonna make for an EPIC little Khyron/Kamjin" squadron photo op!

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, I'm sold on the BBTS Pod for that price. Just wish it didn't have a Toynami logo on it.

IIRC - It does feature actual Macross branding rather than Robotech. That's gotta make you happy! :lol:

Toynami-Robotech-Vinyl-Battle-Pods-SDCC-2010-02_1279850477.jpg

I saw the wobbling before I even broke the seal and thought: "Well, that's one point of articulation of the supposed 11." So far I only count 6 though. Still, it looks nice. As a static piece, I've got nothing else bad to say about it.

That's pretty much why I bought one: at $9, I can afford a regult paperweight. Should display nice enough on the shelf next to my VF-1s. Considering a 1/60 scale regult is out of the question, both in terms of $$$ and space, this will have to do for now.