Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That sucks Maiden Japan.

I wish more of the toys you designed were available, I know I' am not the only one here that really loves your work and appreciates your involvement on this board.

I agree...I'm gonna be heated if they don't release his Glaug...seriously LIVID!

• 4 weeks later...

The Toynami Light Artillery Battlepod was produced. It's finished. It's sitting in China right now waiting to get shipped to the USA. (If you are outside the USA, I understand that it must get shipped to the USA PRIOR to finding its way to non-domestic destinations). However, BEFORE it can be shipped, a quota supply order needs to be filled. Not sure if this order has to be from Toynami or other vendors, but the Light Artillary Battlepod is completed.

I've been told Khyron's Battlepod (Officer's Battlepod) will be the NEXT Toynami toy made.

Nothing mentioned about the 1/100 Elintseeker/GBP or SuperOstrich. :-(

There is a new Robotech "movie" coming out. Has something to do with Lancer ("yellow"). That is due for release some time early 2011 with official press release towards the end of the year.

A new 30th anniversary 3 CD set remastered soundtrack. I think this was also set for a Christmas 2011 release.

The live action movie is still in the works. It will be a "modernized re-imagined" Robotech. Most likely from the Macross saga.

The Shadow Chronicles sequel is on hiatus temporarily until the LAM is done.

Whispers about a possible Shadow Beta as an exclusive, but take that one with a grain of salt.

Marcus Shadow fighter on hiatus. Maybe never released.

That's all I know.

Edited by ae_productions

I'm surprised this line isn't doing better. Yeah, it's Toynami, but you gotta give them credit for taking the risk and making enemy mecha. I'll definitely get a couple of the Light Artillery Regult and the Glaug. It will really suck if they don't get to the Scout Regult. Would really love to see a TV version Q Rau, Zentraedi Soldier, Breetai, Exedor, and the Male Powered Suit.

I'm surprised this line isn't doing better. Yeah, it's Toynami, but you gotta give them credit for taking the risk and making enemy mecha. I'll definitely get a couple of the Light Artillery Regult and the Glaug. It will really suck if they don't get to the Scout Regult. Would really love to see a TV version Q Rau, Zentraedi Soldier, Breetai, Exedor, and the Male Powered Suit.

I was just hoping that enough interest would be shown in this line for Toynami to consider some Invid/Inbit... :(

I got a "status update" email from BBTS the other day for my Regult Light Missle Pod, don't know if it was an automatically generated email or what, but it gave me some hope at least that maybe they will show up someday??? The "status" on my order still says Pre-Order however..with a July 2011 release date. :mellow:

I just bought my 1st 1/100. Got itat comicon. I like the look of it but wish the materials were a bit more heavy duty. Looks great in fighter mode with it's attack packs and stuff.

Man, i wish this thing existed when i was 10

I just bought my 1st 1/100. Got itat comicon. I like the look of it but wish the materials were a bit more heavy duty. Looks great in fighter mode with it's attack packs and stuff.

Man, i wish this thing existed when i was 10

what did you get at sdcc...ve-1, vt-1, vf-1d or the older valks? how much?

what did you get at sdcc...ve-1, vt-1, vf-1d or the older valks? how much?

I got the VF-1S with attack packs. It was $30. Not the best price, but I NEVER see macross stuff around so I was a bit smitten. There were also a ton of yamato macross stuff around for sale (except at either the HLJ or the Yamato U.S. booths...not surprising) but it was all WAY overpriced.

Anyway, Other than the parts forming part of it all, I think it's a great little toy. Looks great in fighter mode!

I got the VF-1S with attack packs. It was $30. Not the best price, but I NEVER see macross stuff around so I was a bit smitten. There were also a ton of yamato macross stuff around for sale (except at either the HLJ or the Yamato U.S. booths...not surprising) but it was all WAY overpriced.

Anyway, Other than the parts forming part of it all, I think it's a great little toy. Looks great in fighter mode!

I See, i thought they were selling the new valks (vt,ve,1d) already..

With the economy taking another downturn this past week, I'll be really surprised to the see next battlepod "leave the dock" and find it's way to retailers. I'm even more doubtful that the 1/100 Valkyries will be produced this year to say nothing of actually being released by Christmas...

With the economy taking another downturn this past week, I'll be really surprised to the see next battlepod "leave the dock" and find it's way to retailers. I'm even more doubtful that the 1/100 Valkyries will be produced this year to say nothing of actually being released by Christmas...

Bingo. Toynami is the worst toy company on the planet. I think ANY other toy company could capitalize on the name brand, but instead the poor management at Toynami sits around wondering why they suck at their jobs...b/c everyone from the management up doesn't know how the hell to do their job right.

I want those 1/100 toys big time, but Toynami will likely never release them.

Edited by protostar8

Bingo. Toynami is the worst toy company on the planet. I think ANY other toy company could capitalize on the name brand, but instead the poor management at Toynami sits around wondering why they suck at their jobs...b/c everyone from the management up doesn't know how the hell to do their job right.

I want those 1/100 toys big time, but Toynami will likely never release them.

Good point. With all the positive buzz on the Pods and Valkyries you would think Toynami would get these toys made. Shouldn't a company make a product available for sale when demand is highest? These toys are great even in this economy as they're a much more affordable option for people put off by import toy costs. But they've decided to follow HG's method of "show them something they'll never see" followed up with excuses that they're stuck on a boat which itself is stuck on a dock.

You would think they would also plan on expanding the line to include toys from the upcoming sidequel but there's no sign of this either. Of course, it could still be in the pipeline pending the sidequel's release whenever that is but Toynami probably isn't expecting it to be a big enough production to justify toys.

In all fair respect to Toynami, I don't think they have much control over the current situation.

The entire world economy is hurting right now. Their supplier cannot export their product until they have a full shipment. I can understand it from the supplier POV. And I think I can see it from Toynami's.

Toynami is trying to capitalize on the 1/100 enemy mech. We're getting the Heavy Artillery, the Light Missile, the Regult, the Glaug. Even BBTS has it's own exclusives! (DYRL schemed Heavy Artillary Battle Pods). Oh, and there was the SDCC exclusive, the DYRL themed Regult Battle Pod.

Yeah, waiting sucks. But as a Macross/Mospeada/Robotech fan, I'm always waiting. I'm use to it. :)

As far as the 1/100 Transformable Mech, I think we will see more of it. They're the only game in town now that BanDai unofficially ceased production on their glorious hi-metals. (Which is a damn, damn shame). Talk about a company NOT capitalizing on a great product...

Anyhoot, my two cents.

No Toynami is just a terrible company. Once they blew their load with the Masterpiece line of VF-1s and Alphas they just stopped caring. Other than Futurama what other line do they have that they actually keep up or care for? You would think they would've done more with the Voltron line than they did. I used to follow the company's site a lot looking for updates years ago until I realized they only update their site like twice a year with info about products that won't be released for a year or so afterwards. If you are a Futurama fan they are good, for all their other lines the consumer is just S.O.L.

I really wanted to jump on the BanDai Hi-Metal's, but they cost way too much IMO, which held me back all together.

I sure hope Toynami release the Glaug, Elint & Ostrich.

The hi-metals are really awesome. But, the line is dead. And, even if you did decide to start collecting them, most of them are really difficult to obtain if you live outside of Japan.

2 of the 7 figures (including the fastpacks, sold separately) are "mass" release. 5 of the 7 releases are web exclusive, Japan residents only.

So, considering these factors, it may not really be a good time to collect the hi-metals. Which, is too bad. Because for the size and scale, they are AWESOME.

Just my opinion. :)