Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

15 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Nope, I meant this one:

s-l225.jpg.bdb81850bcc94f5268168be9cdf19d18.jpg

LOL! :lol:

In Toynami's defense, 16 years ago most people thought that Ben piloted a generic CF. It wasn't until Toynami released their Morphers box set that they, along with most of the fandom, realized that Ben had a unique color scheme.

• 5 months later...

At last a Ben Dixon VF-1A 1/100 toy. Even when I'm letting go of my Toynamis for the HMR line, I've lost all hope for this particular paint scheme to be released, so I may be investing on this one. And the standing pilot is a nice added feature. If it's ever released in HMR, I'll sell it, of course.

Now I'll have to think what to do with the custom one I did.

41 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Wouldn't it make more sense at this point to just wait and see how the 1/72 line turns out?  Surely the possibility of a 1/72 Ben VF-1A is somewhat expected....based on how many SD versions have been released by Kidlogic/concept or whatever they are called.....

Is just that, for a matter of size, I've been focusing on 1/100 only. But, on the other hand, I could wait. It's not like these figures are going to sold out immediately. At least that's what I'm doing with the VF-1D 

Edited by Convectuoso

• 5 months later...

The standing pilots seem to be more of a 1/72 scale than 1/100, to me.  I say this only due to having used the Armored Factory crew and a Bandai 1/72 Minmay for my little display.  My 1/72 Minmay seems to more at the same height to the Valk as the pilots in the photos than the actual 1/100 Armored Factory crew is when I compare them.  So long as Minmay remains in the foreground its hard to tell the difference but as soon as you place her next to an actual 1/100, she becomes an Amazonian instead of a teenage pop-star.  Just wanted to share for those who are thinking/intending on getting the toys for the figures to use with the Armored Factory; and if you no longer want the Veritechs leave me a PM and we may work something out.   

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I think you need to bump this scheme to the front of your HMR custom wait line :clapping:

Yeah I got to get to it.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I know it's a toynami 1/100 inside, but I really like the packaging on this one :good:  

Will probably bite.

Looking forward to reading your impression of it and to see how tall the pilot really looks next to it.

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Bandai needs to make an HMR and sell it as a six pack!

And after that, they should release a Tamashii Web Exclusive Air Show Effect Display Stand Set with light-up features that includes a 'non-movable' Hikaru's Fan Racer in the middle with the rest of the exhaust effect around it where the HMR Angel Birds Five Pack Set should be displayed.

Kinda like this. Cool, right? ^_^ 

Yamato-Macross-VF-1A-Angel-Birds-Fan-Racer-02_1273874970.png.514016ee308bc7b7dc650f55940a442c.png

On 6/29/2018 at 3:57 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

I really wish the Toynami 1/100 VF-1 toys came with Tamashii Stage stands, instead of the horrible, horrible stands that they actually come with that can fall apart/collapse too easily for my tastes.

What difference does it make, when you can't display them in flight anyway?  They look ridiculous without pilots.  <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Toynami's 1/100 line.... They might be nowhere near as well made as HMR or Arcadia/Yamato's 1/60 line, but they are cheap enough that I feel comfortable experimenting with them a bit...

image.png.29feccc7e7efc95362e2c08967378d64.png

image.png.27a6b6c36eef4d9e4e1b29dfa1192f70.png

image.png.c292c27cd5fef126b36894aae111c646.png

image.png.a217422046bb2affb189c35cf7e1d9d0.png

Actually, this was A LOT of fun hobbling together!

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Toynami's 1/100 line.... They might be nowhere near as well made as HMR or Arcadia/Yamato's 1/60 line, but they are cheap enough that I feel comfortable experimenting with them a bit...

image.png.29feccc7e7efc95362e2c08967378d64.png

image.png.27a6b6c36eef4d9e4e1b29dfa1192f70.png

image.png.c292c27cd5fef126b36894aae111c646.png

image.png.a217422046bb2affb189c35cf7e1d9d0.png

Actually, this was A LOT of fun hobbling together!

What do you feel about those aerodynamics? ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up the Toynami SDCC 2018 exclusive....1 of 750!.... (This is not a toy!) :rolleyes:....no rush to open it at the moment...as I know these always look better in the box...;)

large.20180805_200051.jpg.33e6314e8ef6ab

large.20180805_200106.jpg.7712673ea64fa0

large.20180805_200118.jpg.5fb48eceb2ca88

large.20180805_200127.jpg.6d711def0b3f4d

large.20180805_200135.jpg.ba6ef0274a6488

large.20180805_200158.jpg.b644b1def57865

large.20180805_200223.jpg.d8392163fafa71

large.20180805_200235.jpg.b6f9d3471f1d29

Hopefully, Bandai releases the HMR version at some point....for now I have my placeholder...:db:

• 2 weeks later...

Bear with me, I haven't collected Macross or Robotech toys.  Despite being a huge fan of Macross the anime, the only toys I've really been into as an adult are Transformers.

Now, to the untrained eye it looks like Toynami has basically been re-releasing the same basic 1/100 VF-1 for years.  Have they made any improvements over the past couple years?  Reason I'm asking is because it came to my attention that MAAS toys, a company heretofore only known for their unlicensed third-party Transformer releases, got a license to do Robotech toys.  There was some discussion about what toys we might like to see.  Now I only ever cared for the Macross saga of Robotech (which naturally paved the way for me to become a Macross purist).  I figured I might pick up a couple of VF-1s, if the price wasn't too bad.  But that got me looking at the VF-1s that are out there now, namely some Japanese Macross figures that I think are a bit too pricey for my tastes, and the 1/100 Toynami line.  And it looks like Roy's VF-1S and Hikaru/Max/Milia's VF-1Js either have had or will have relatively newer (re)releases.

Long story short, they don't seem very expensive, and while I've got nothing against VF-1Js Max's VF-1A stands out in my mind more from the time they were caught on Vritlwhai's ship, so I found one in stock at Toy Dojo and picked it up.  It arrived today, and while my expectations were pretty low I was still unprepared for how poor the quality actually was.  Terrible plastic, thin parts, loose joints, limbs that are essentially pegged on, etc.  I'd like some other VF-1s, but if this is as good as Toynami gets I'll either have to save and spend on the Japanese Macross toys or quit while I'm ahead.

23 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Bear with me, I haven't collected Macross or Robotech toys.  Despite being a huge fan of Macross the anime, the only toys I've really been into as an adult are Transformers.

Now, to the untrained eye it looks like Toynami has basically been re-releasing the same basic 1/100 VF-1 for years.  Have they made any improvements over the past couple years?  Reason I'm asking is because it came to my attention that MAAS toys, a company heretofore only known for their unlicensed third-party Transformer releases, got a license to do Robotech toys.  There was some discussion about what toys we might like to see.  Now I only ever cared for the Macross saga of Robotech (which naturally paved the way for me to become a Macross purist).  I figured I might pick up a couple of VF-1s, if the price wasn't too bad.  But that got me looking at the VF-1s that are out there now, namely some Japanese Macross figures that I think are a bit too pricey for my tastes, and the 1/100 Toynami line.  And it looks like Roy's VF-1S and Hikaru/Max/Milia's VF-1Js either have had or will have relatively newer (re)releases.

Long story short, they don't seem very expensive, and while I've got nothing against VF-1Js Max's VF-1A stands out in my mind more from the time they were caught on Vritlwhai's ship, so I found one in stock at Toy Dojo and picked it up.  It arrived today, and while my expectations were pretty low I was still unprepared for how poor the quality actually was.  Terrible plastic, thin parts, loose joints, limbs that are essentially pegged on, etc.  I'd like some other VF-1s, but if this is as good as Toynami gets I'll either have to save and spend on the Japanese Macross toys or quit while I'm ahead.

Earlier releases of Toynami 1/100 VF-1 toys had mis-aligned tabs that were supposed to lock the arms and legs together in fighter mode.

But, around wave 6 of the Toynami releases onward, they had fixed the tab alignment.