The WWE and Pro-Wrestling Thread 2

I think this has to be my favorite quote from a fan about last night's rumble

I'm sure we all caught it, but does anyone find it hilarious that the crowd was so desperate, they got behind Rusev, a man who has practically wiped his ass with the American flag for the last year in hopes of not seeing Reigns win it? In the birth place of America, no less.

The ending was so bad, the entire arena defected.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just watched it on daily motion. the crowd was really upset daniel bryant got eliminated so quickly.

it was like predicted for months reigns would win it and everyone said it was too early for him to win it. he has no moves and is still developing.

philly really is a wrestling town and they thought it was stupid. i agree. aside from the superman punch what can he do? he can't carry a match yet. it's too early to push him to wrestle mania.

seth rollins is much hotter but he's still new and on the rise. at least they're handling him well.

reigns is going to end up the next ryback if WWE is not careful.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i just watched it on daily motion. the crowd was really upset daniel bryan got eliminated so quickly.

it was like predicted for months reigns would win it and everyone said it was too early for him to win it. he has no moves and is still developing.

philly really is a wrestling town and they thought it was stupid. i agree. aside from the superman punch what can he do? he can't carry a match yet. it's too early to push him to wrestle mania.

seth rollins is much hotter but he's still new and on the rise. at least they're handling him well.

reigns is going to end up the next ryback if WWE is not careful.

Seeing Roman Reigns, I don't know what's worse - his limited ring repertoire, or his nursery rhyme mic skills.

Edited by areaseven

Seeing Roman Reigns, I don't know what's worse - his limited ring repertoire, or his nursery rhyme mic skills.

I'm trying to remember at what point last year it became painfully obvious that Roman Reigns comes up short on cutting promos or just developing his character on the mic period. When he was the quiet powerhouse/muscle behind The Shield, people seemed to appreciate what his character was back then and that seemed to get him over. But now everytime they have him on to interview or cut a promo or whatever it is incredibly uncomfortable seeing him trying to be somebody he isn't and I really feel like turning the channel over. I wish the best for the guy, but I think he either needs to be truer to himself or they shouldn't have pushed him this far ahead so soon.

WWE Fastlane is the new February PPV, replacing Elimination Chamber and will air on Sunday, February 22. Here's the announced card and my predictions:

#1 Contender Shot: Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan

- YES! YES! YES! No more nursery rhyme promos!

WWE United States Championship: Rusev © (with Lana) vs. John Cena

- We predicted this since last year - as soon as Rusev has championship-level momentum, he'll be fed to Cenation. End of story.

WWE Divas Championship: Nikki Bella © (with Brie Bella) vs. Paige

- At this point, no one cares about Divas matches anymore, but giving the title back to Paige should bring back some relevance. Besides, Nikki's title reign has gone absolutely nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Fastlane Results

Six-Man Tag Team Match

Big Show/Kane/Seth Rollins def. Dolph Ziggler/Erick Rowan/Ryback after Big show landed a WMD on Ziggler. After the match, The Authority did a mudhole stomp on Ziggler/Rowan/Ryback before Randy Orton ran in to make the save.

Goldust def. Stardust with a backslide pin.

WWE Tag Team Championship

Cesaro and Tyson Kidd (with Natalya) def. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey, with Naomi) © to become the new Champions.

WWE Divas Championship

Nikki Bella © grabbed a handful of tights and rolled Paige for the win to retain the title.

WWE Intercontinental Championship

Bad News Barrett © def. Dean Ambrose by DQ to retain the title.

WWE United States Championship

Rusev © made John Cena pass out to the Accolade to retain the title. Cena jobbed?!? Unbelievable!

#1 Contender Match

Roman Reigns speared Daniel Bryan to retain his #1 contender spot against Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania. Yawn.

Rikishi isn't someone I'd put in the Hall anytime soon. The Bushwackers though, they deserve it. Yeah they were jobbers, but they did their job well, had fun with what they did, were memorable, and won over the fans despite never really holding a title or acomplishing anything.

As for Demolition yeah they should be in.

Rikishi isn't someone I'd put in the Hall anytime soon. The Bushwhackers though, they deserve it. Yeah they were jobbers, but they did their job well, had fun with what they did, were memorable, and won over the fans despite never really holding a title or accomplishing anything.

As for Demolition yeah they should be in.

Luke & Butch were much better as the Sheepherders in the indy feds. It's too bad WWF severely dumbed them down for the sake of kids' appeal.

In the case of Demolition, there was bad blood between WWF and Bill Eadie (Ax). After Eadie left the WWF in the early 1990s, he made an attempt to resurrect the Demolition team in the indy feds before WWF slapped a C&D on him. He then unsuccessfully sued the WWF for the rights to the Demolition name.

Another complication is the legal status of the Demolition theme song. It seems that singer/songwriter Rick Derringer holds the rights to the song, and he's in not-so-great terms with the WWE. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why Piledriver: The Wrestling Album II has never been reissued since its first release in 1987, and why WWE has to re-dub Demolition's ring entrances on archive footage.

WrestleMania 31 will be on March 29. Here's the card so far:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Brock Lesnar © (with Paul Heyman) vs. Roman Reigns

- It's already a given that Lesnar will drop the belt to Reigns and go back to UFC. And given Lesnar's WrestleMania track record (specifically his matches with Goldberg and the Undertaker) coupled with Reigns' limited in-ring abilities and nursery rhyme promos, this is guaranteed to be one of the worst matches of all time. And maybe Seth Rollins will cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase and take the title.

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Ladder Match: Bad News Barrett © vs. R-Truth vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Stardust vs. Daniel Bryan

- Probably the only match worth watching in this card. Expect either Ziggler or Bryan to win. And this will be R-Truth's farewell match.

WWE United States Championship - Rusev © (with Lana) vs. John Cena

- Another burial by Cenation.

Sting vs. Triple H

- The buildup of this feud has been flat so far, so don't be surprised to see The Crow pedigreed and buried by The Game.

The Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt

- Sorry, but Wyatt's momentum disappeared after his family disbanded. Rest in Peace.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

- With all the contestants being lower mid-carders, it's hard to tell who will win this one. Don't be surprised to see Big Show and Kane dumping everyone like in this year's Royal Fumble.

AJ Lee & Paige vs. The Bella Twins (Brie & Nikki)

- As much as I like Paige, this will be a piss-break.

Edited by areaseven

WrestleMania 31 Results

WWE Tag Team Championship - Fatal Four Way

Cesaro & Tyson Kidd © def. The Usos (Jimmy & Jey), Los Matadores (Diego & Fernando) and The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Big E) to retain the titles.

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Weeeellllll... Well it's the Big Show...

WWE Intercontinental Championship - Ladder Match

Daniel Bryan def. Bad News Barrett ©, R-Truth, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose, Stardust and Dolph Ziggler to become the new Champion.

Orton Still Sucks

Randy Orton gave Seth Rollins the RKO.

The Game vs. The Crow

Triple H (with D-Generation X) pinned Sting (with the nWo) after clocking him with his sledgehammer.

AJ Lee & Paige def. The Bella Twins (Brie & Nikki) after AJ made Nikki tap out to the Black Widow.

WWE United States Championship

John Cena gave Rusev (with Lana) the AA and broke his undefeated streak to become the new Champion.

Undertaker made Bray Wyatt Rest in Peace.

WWE Heavyweight Championship

Seth Rollins cashed in his Money in the Bank briefcase and def. Brock Lesnar © and Roman Reigns after Reigns speared Lesnar and Rollins curb stomped Reigns to become the new Champion.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE Extreme Rules is on Sunday, April 26. Here's the card so far:

WWE Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins © vs. Randy Orton

- For this match, Orton is banned from using his RKO. Nevertheless, expect Rollins to keep the title.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Daniel Bryan © vs. Bad News Barrett

- Will Bryan remain champion? Yes! Yes! Yes!

WWE United States Championship: John Cena © vs. Rusev

- Rusev gets buried again by Cenation.

WWE Divas Championship: Nikki Bella © vs. Paige

- Since AJ Lee's recent retirement, Paige has been the only Diva worth watching in the ring. Expect Paige to win the title, but the most likely scenario would be for Naomi to interfere and cost her the match.