There's no way it actually lights up THAT bright. (if it did, I'd buy it)

Based on their description, it sounds like there's other versions, but the BTTF2 version is the exclusive. So who's got the one from the first movie?

I dunno, it looks pretty bright in this video.

http://www.bttf.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=21011

It was originally announced that the flying BTTF II car would be an exclusive to someplace, but they didn't say where. Now I know it's an Entertainment Earth exclusive and I will be ordering it from them. I've seen BigBadToyStore with the original version, but I don't believe it's an exclusive to any one place. I'll bet Toys R Us will have them on the shelves since they sell Diamond Select stuff now.

I was hoping that Diamond Select would do some 1:18 action figures to go with the car, but I heard that there are some licensing issues with using the actors' likeness. That's why they were only able to do the Kubrick style Minimates figures.

I love how it says:

Back to the Future created an entire generation of kids who grew up thinking the DeLorean was actually cool, instead of the huge pile of crap it actually was.

I had a delorean, 82' vin 10854, full restoration and it was awesome. I sold it for a down payment on my countach. However I do miss the car, not alot of power, but its a fun car to drive, pictures dont do it justice. It is definatley not a pile of crap.

Countach?!?!? (still my all-time fave car appearance-wise, no car will ever look as cool)

You know it bro! I have a 81' lp400s. Traded the delorean plus cash to get it. Interesting note, the guy who took the delorean bought it for his 17 year old son, the son took it for a drive a few days after he got it and TOTALED it. RIP Vin 10854!

BTW

I just pre-orded the delorean BTTF 2 version, thanks for that info sharky.

Countach?!?!? (still my all-time fave car appearance-wise, no car will ever look as cool)

omg same here, the early 80's models were simply the most badass designs on any car ever!

• 8 months later...

Yeah, DeLoreans were slow, but it was 1982. Everything was slow. You could get a Camaro with a 90-hp four cylinder.

I've heard of some people doing crazy black magic engine swaps with Deloreans. Like Honda 4- or 6-cylinders, or even a Northstar V-8 out of a Caddy.

4093618218_b55a251130_o.jpg

Click for more. ;)

This picture made my day. I picked up one of these last month, as well. It absolutely rocks. This is a toy I always wanted as a kid. I've been trying to figure out who would make the best driver for it, since we're not going to get any BTTF figs anytime soon. I think you've made up my mind. :lol:

Maybe dear Cobra Commander can go back in time and prevent ROC from being produced. :D

Edited by crasis

This picture made my day. I picked up one of these last month, as well. It absolutely rocks. This is a toy I always wanted as a kid. I've been trying to figure out who would make the best driver for it, since we're not going to get any BTTF figs anytime soon. I think you've made up my mind. :lol:

Glad you liked it. Cobra Commander's particular brand of megalomania is great for laughs. :lol:

So, just how bright is the blue glow? I'm all about light-up stuff. (I've lit up my own starships)

More specifically---is it a nice even glow, or are there obvious light/dark spots betraying the underlying sources etc?

It's pretty good, but there are light/dark spots. The light piping seems to work pretty well though. You can see it in action here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/grandadmiral/4092774875/

You might also check your local Toys R Us. They should have the first edition model that lights up in the same way, so you could check it out in person.

I have a 1/24 version, a bit smaller than this new one.

I have seen this new one in the shop, looks a bit 'plastic-ish'. However, I didn't know it can light up with sound effect, I might have to go back and get it before they run out!!! B))

By the way, can those wheels flip over like the movie (while it take off)?

You know it bro! I have a 81' lp400s. Traded the delorean plus cash to get it. Interesting note, the guy who took the delorean bought it for his 17 year old son, the son took it for a drive a few days after he got it and TOTALED it. RIP Vin 10854!

BTW

I just pre-orded the delorean BTTF 2 version, thanks for that info sharky.

Post pics and you instantly become the most awesome guy on this board.

Come on do it! Do it! Doooo it!

I have a 1/24 version, a bit smaller than this new one.

I have seen this new one in the shop, looks a bit 'plastic-ish'. However, I didn't know it can light up with sound effect, I might have to go back and get it before they run out!!! B))

By the way, can those wheels flip over like the movie (while it take off)?

The BTTF 2 version has the hover conversion mode. I posted a movie link upthread demonstrating it.

However, I believe it was an Entertainment Earth exclusive, which is sold out. You'll probably have to go on eBay or elsewhere to find it.

It does look a bit plasticky, but for the money I think it's quite a lot of toy. You get hover mode converting wheels, both doors open, there's room for figures, and a lot of light features including the "time coils" on the exterior of the vehicle, the dashboard, the time circuits, and the flux capacitor. :lol:

The BTTF 2 version has the hover conversion mode. I posted a movie link upthread demonstrating it.

However, I believe it was an Entertainment Earth exclusive, which is sold out. You'll probably have to go on eBay or elsewhere to find it.

It does look a bit plasticky, but for the money I think it's quite a lot of toy. You get hover mode converting wheels, both doors open, there's room for figures, and a lot of light features including the "time coils" on the exterior of the vehicle, the dashboard, the time circuits, and the flux capacitor. :lol:

Thanks for the info... so they actually have two versions?

Damn, it isn't that hard to make the wheels turn 'upward' for hover mode!