Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

yup. i shot mine on top of my computer desk. play with lighting angles and shoot shoot shoot

I've always wondered what you do for lighting (i.e. type/number of lamps etc.)? also what setting's you use (ISO, f-stop, exposure)

well you guys asked for it :lol:

ok so i use 2 flourescent lamps and a white cardboard as my background

f-stops....it varies and i shoot at around iso 800-1200 on lowlight situations

IMG_0123.jpg

i finally upgraded and got myself a nice shiny board that was part of a fixture that i found at a dumpster....

IMG_0482.jpg

and my current set up....

a05efd5e.jpg

so thats my high tech rig :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Vegas

i finally upgraded and got myself a nice shiny board that was part of a fixture that i found at a dumpster....

I wish I could afford such luxuries *snif* :(

IMG_0482.jpg

LMFAO on this pic! :lol: ghetto FTW! :lol:

what happened to the table where you put that glass top??? i remember you posted a pic of your set-up w/c included clothes hangers...

LMFAO on this pic! :lol: ghetto FTW! :lol:

what happened to the table where you put that glass top??? i remember you posted a pic of your set-up w/c included clothes hangers...

its the same one.... i only use that polished wood you see on the pic

1st try at weathering. Tried to copy the yamato ones but not as dirty. Came out ok considering I used a ghetto method...cardboard, pencil, and Q-tips.

Still a good job. It looks nice.

here is my valk ...

There's Max, showing off again. He's a Jenius.

yeah, spill the beans Vegas! let's see a picture of your "studio" :lol:

:p

a05efd5e.jpg

SEE SEE...He does use a "studio" :lol::p:mellow:

I just went to the PO to pick up my latest OverDrive haul. All 1/60 v.2 VF-1s. 1A Hikaru w/SS parts, 1S Hikaru w/SS parts, and 1J Hikaru w/TV S parts. All to add to my 1D Hikaru. I love Hikaru. If Misa did not marry him. I would have. Poses will come tonight I hope.

Edited by JCSaves

i say 1/48 FOR NOW.....dont have the money for the new 1/60 v2's :lol::lol:

you could not spend money on camera stuff :rolleyes:

seriously though nice shots, Now I want to buy an external flash. <_<

I wanted to get a nice telephoto lens but it looks like I'll need to spend that money on a macro lens and a couple of speedlite's to keep up with you :wacko:

would like to buy telephoto lens too but im maxed out at the moment........i recommend to just buy some cheap flashes and triggers/remotes if you dont need ETTL capabilities.

very nice LOL! I finally found a black background hanging around the house. Now I just need to find some lamps.

I like it, I can do this...

_DSC5984.jpg

with this...

_DSC6164.jpg

Course... now that Vegas blew my pictures out of the water... :unsure:

I like it, I can do this...

_DSC5984.jpg

whatever. Vegas is great and all, but that pic right there is awesome! You 2 are both outstanding photgraphers of valks. I will have to see if I can keep up.

you guys and your flashes... I have a clip on LED booklight...

nah, you know you don't need 'em expensive a$$ flashes... :p

w/ your recent barrage of pics the last few months, i've come to appreciate and prefer shooting w/ just natural light... that and my cheap a$$ cam isn't really that great when it comes to taking low light pics just like how you and Vegas shoot... or i may be doing it all wrong :o

ugly:

gallery_8437_264_37358.jpg

(shot this last month so i can't remember the settings i used, but i do remember using a low iso :mellow: )

aw, thanks guys but I can see how awesome Vegas' pics are... they're plain to see and they leave me seething in jealous rage! :lol: I just bought a new laptop though so that booklight will have to do for now and the foreseeable future...

Monster, i use spot metering and long exposures to take those low light pictures. See if your camera has those features.

Edited by eugimon

with this...

_DSC6164.jpg

lmao.....i love it! you should have told me about that led sooner and i would have saved $$$

btw awesome pic man!

Monster, i use spot metering and long exposures to take those low light pictures. See if your camera has those features.

I hate long exposures, I'm to lazy to set up my crappy tripod :rolleyes: .

I actually like outdoor natural light pictures more TBH, what I really need is more valks to take pictures of :(

lmao.....i love it! you should have told me about that led sooner and i would have saved $$$

btw awesome pic man!

Thanks!

The LED does have some advantages over your flash... the light head has more articulation for one and it comes with a handy clip with articulated feet. :lol: