Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

just some quick phone cam pics so i can join the fun...

... as always, Vegas, your quality photos puts our pics to shame... ^_^

skull-1J;

post-8437-1236299510_thumb.jpg

mac+/mac0 re-organized display (on the bottom left-hand corner - my 5yr old daughter insisted that i display her "toys");

post-8437-1236299535_thumb.jpg

my entry to "cheapest display stand ever" - unused scraps from action base stand... B))

post-8437-1236299550_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Here's my meager collection. Little grainy cause the Light in our office sucks for pictures. The snow outside causes intense glares from the windows and the florescent lights suck. There are always too many of them or not enough for the shot.

That is one sick pose of Hikaru's VF-1J! Seriously though, are you not afraid to leave these out at work? It looks like they are out in the open and someone looking to make off with them could do so easily.

That is one sick pose of Hikaru's VF-1J! Seriously though, are you not afraid to leave these out at work? It looks like they are out in the open and someone looking to make off with them could do so easily.

seriously, that pose reminds me of the superman sketch in Kingdom Come.

... as always, Vegas, your quality photos puts our pics to shame... ^_^

its not that hard to take nice photos....just have a little creativity and imagination

3183472615_0270e0abff.jpg

3184311082_81190df1d8.jpg

3184312498_5a9630f86e.jpg

major props to all who posted your valks in this thread! keep em coming

its not that hard to take nice photos....just have a little creativity and imagination

you forgot... and a nice camera. still working on the missus to get a new one.

3184312498_5a9630f86e.jpg

how'd you get to make the gold come out all shiny like that? photoshop? lighting?

Edited by m0n5t3r

3176505122_e9cf8474c4.jpg

This is why I have to break down and cop the 1/48 Weathered Roy. I remember when these things were going for $600-$700! With the second run they're a little more reasonable. I still have to cop the 1/48 Kakizaki and the Macross Zero enemy fighters.

One day Vegas...one day...I shall catch up to you brother! Nice pics by the way.

thanks.....my 1000th post yay!

IMG_0018.jpg

to macrossman....im sure that inevitable day will come if it hasnt

It's within my sites, but you know I've always been on a personal mission to match your collection. I think when I first started collecting you had just started replacing what you had had in the past. Nothing serious, but just fun playing catch up. Believe it or not, I'll be looking for a cool DSLR camera once I am up to speed on my collection. Yamato aint making it easy though!

Edited by MacrossMan

It's within my sites, but you know I've always been on a personal mission to match your collection. I think when I first started collecting you had just started replacing what you had had in the past. Nothing serious, but just fun playing catch up. Believe it or not, I'll be looking for a cool DSLR camera once I am up to speed on my collection. Yamato aint making it easy though!

its all good man. :lol:

honestly and this goes out to all you guys........you dont need a dslr cam to get good pics.....you need to learn how to play with light.... thats it. but a good camera helps though.

Edited by Vegas

unless you're specifically trying to play with depth of field, in good sunlight a nicer subcompact camera can take outstanding pictures.

the problem is, we don't even have a "nicer subcompact camera"... my wife was all set to get a basic DSLR kit before she decided to buy another 1k+ handbag! damn that :angry: ... ^_^ now it's been downgraded to a - what do you call that class of cameras just below DSLRs? and did i mention, i now have to share in the cost of buying it. :p

anyway, it would be a cool idea for you guys w/ some knowledge to open a Photography 101 reference thread, specifically for taking pics of toys/models etc.... B))

Edited by m0n5t3r

There's the big zoom compact camera... those are the p&s cameras with the big 10 or 12x optical zoom lenses attached. Then there's compacts, which are generally small enough for like a coat pocket and then the subcompacts which would fit comfortably in like a shirt or pant pocket.

All of the smaller cameras have small sensors and need lots of light though some of the very newest p&s cameras like the lumix lx3 have decent low light picture quality (grainy but decent iso 1600 shots for the lx3). Generally speaking, for a typical p&s camera, I would say that ISO 400 is about as high you would like to go before picture quality starts to suffer. 800 will give you noticeable grain and ISO 1000 and above being pretty awful. And in general, the higher the megapixel the poorer the camera will be in terms of low light conditions.

Another challenge with taking low light shots is that the camera will take a long exposure to compensate and since most people hand hold their cameras, these types of shots usually result in blurry pictures just because the shooter's hand is moving slightly. An easy tip is to use a tripod or stabilize the camera and use the timer function to take a jiggle free picture.

It's never been a problem and it never crossed my mind about somebody from work stealing it. Nobody in my office would do that. Maybe it's because I'm from Canada (eh!), I dunno. Anyway their probably safer at work tucked behind the security of the building. The only problem I have is the threats of the old fart tossing them off the side of the building to see if they really fly. :lol: He's a WWII plane junkie so we get along great. He has some really cool P47 Thunderbolt models.

Anyway did a slight variation of it I'll post tomorrow. Had to give the VF-1D back it's gun.

Edited by logos

the problem is, we don't even have a "nicer subcompact camera"... my wife was all set to get a basic DSLR kit before she decided to buy another 1k+ handbag! damn that :angry: ... ^_^ now it's been downgraded to a - what do you call that class of cameras just below DSLRs? and did i mention, i now have to share in the cost of buying it. :p

anyway, it would be a cool idea for you guys w/ some knowledge to open a Photography 101 reference thread, specifically for taking pics of toys/models etc.... B))

i think youre talking about the "super zoom" cameras. they have more manual settings than the P&S's

i basically learned from the internet, especially on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=propho...amp;view=videos

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bertst...amp;view=videos

3332572898_e1cc3d8022.jpg

3331715345_dacea68744.jpg

3332587646_d3135a350d.jpg

Edited by Vegas

It's Friday and I'm bored so I post a pic.... :mellow: .....same thing just different angles.

Edit: Touched up the 2nd and last pic in photoshop a little bit. The flash and white VF-1J don't mix.

post-9075-1236368760_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236369348_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236369588_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1236369779_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

This is the only VF I have, a Yammie 1/60 2.0 Roy. I want to get a 1.72 Ozma or Alto but I don't have the time or micron pens and other supplies anymore. I do have a TON of Master Grades, they're all boxed in my closet though.

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Edited by MDP310

So far the VF-1D is the only 1/60 ver 2 that has sparked my interest enough to buy. I'm VF-1'd out after purchasing most of the 1/48 offerings. Can anyone tell me if the shoulder problem has been addressed on these more recent releases or are they prone to cracking like the first few. After playing with Bandai latest offerings I'm spolied. I'm swearing off any Yamato that isn't confirmed to not fall apart. No matter how appealing it looks