Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Bah, after comparing the pics to my 1/72 Ozma, I'll stick to the 1/72 line unless Yamato gets a shot at making 1/60's and they're anime accurate.

I was going to go with the 1/100's, till I built my first Ozma and realized that they're not that hard to build.

In fact, I just bought another Ozma kit today, lol. :p

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

If I ever get a 25, it'll be the 1/100 Ozma... But I doubt it. What I'm really looking forward to (at least for now), is the VF-19.

Now that Yamato MAY be issuing M7 units, I'll pass the VF100 version VF-19.

Let's see when more news emerges.

It's tempting to just pay around HK$ 2XX for a VF-100s and walk home...

they may not be 100% anime accurate or transform smoothly (transform??) but the prospect of having a nice looking valk right out of the box (at that price) is enticing! I have the entire SMS squad in 1/72 form, but who knows when I will really put myself to building them properly!?

I must look at that pile of 1/72 boxes and stay away from the VF-100s!!!

Definitely buying one, but only one. Hopefully, they have added some wing locking for fighter mode, but I doubt it.

Can't wait to see the VF-19Kai.

Hopefully, VF-171 or VF-17D will be announced soon.

Graham

Spotted the 1/100 VF-25S Ozma type in two shops in the Oriental 188 Center in Wanchai today at lunch.

One shop wanted HK$330 (US$42.58), the other HK$320 (US$41.29).

I'll wait until the price drops to HK$239 (US$30.84), same as the Alto VF-25F.

Graham.

Also, just picked up the new hobby mags at lunch (Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby June issues), but no new pics of the VF-19Kai. :(

There are some pics of the 1/100 VF-25S, VF-25G and some slightly larger and clearer pics of the Armored VF-25F unpainted, but nothing new really for the VF100 line to report.

Graham

Spotted the 1/100 VF-25S Ozma type in two shops in the Oriental 188 Center in Wanchai today at lunch.

Graham.

Just checked Yahoo auction, and it is already under HK$300 (HK$288 is the lowest I see, but I have bad experience with that shop). I'll go out and check tonite... I may not wait till it reaches 25F level.

Now that Yamato MAY be issuing M7 units, I'll pass the VF100 version VF-19.

Let's see when more news emerges.

I don't think that it's confirmed that Yamato is marketing the VF-22 as Gamlin's. I wish they do have the license but don't get your hopes up.

I don't think that it's confirmed that Yamato is marketing the VF-22 as Gamlin's. I wish they do have the license but don't get your hopes up.

It is already stated that way on the official site as "Gamlin Custom".

So it's confirmed!

Also, they are promoting that a new "title" is joining the Yamato Macross series. They are selling in a way that I am pretty sure this means a whole new line, not just a couple of units they manage to steal under the M7 license.

Graham.

Thanks G-man for the report, price is a bit steep for my liking, I got my "F" for only HK$228 in Richmond 111, not willing to pay more for the Ozma "S".

Just checked Yahoo auction, and it is already under HK$300 (HK$288 is the lowest I see, but I have bad experience with that shop). I'll go out and check tonite... I may not wait till it reaches 25F level.

I have never purchased anything from online yahoo sellers in HK, they're less polite than they are in their tiny shops. I will only have time to hang out on Sat, so if anyone sees these little guys at a good price, I'd appreciate you let me know!

I was supposed not to buy any more 1/100s?!!?! what happened since yesterday!??! my 1/72 kits are still staring at me from behind!

It is already stated that way on the official site as "Gamlin Custom".

So it's confirmed!

Also, they are promoting that a new "title" is joining the Yamato Macross series. They are selling in a way that I am pretty sure this means a whole new line, not just a couple of units they manage to steal under the M7 license.

OMG :o it's going to be a painful year of Macross prosperity but wallet emptiness! Do I hear "listen to my song" from a distance?!?!

I was supposed not to buy any more 1/100s?!!?! what happened since yesterday!??! my 1/72 kits are still staring at me from behind!

I sweared on the grave of someone I don't know too that I won't buy the VF100.

And then the price goes down, and the VF-25S comes out... In fact I would still prefer to wait till the Super or Armored version 25S, but if the price reaches HK$235... I don't know what would happen.

It's not our problem, it's just a curse.

P.S. I only use the Yahoo auction as a price reference. Handy! I would go to a shop too unless I am looking for some old stuffs.

No front wing clips for boosters? Hooray! At least they didn't copy the DX exactly again =P

No, in this case it's probably just a completely new wing and you have to rip the other ones off.

Personally, I like nice smooth wings without big honking locking rings on the underside of them. :lol:

Locking rings are the best you can get without slipping in thin tiny super magnets. When Yamato gets that down, its all over.

Anyway, if they're going to do partsforming, they mind as well make it accurate. This is the right way to go.

Edited by Cent

I am going out to the urban jungle and see what happens, maybe I can resist, maybe my wife will confiscate my money, maybe I will show you pictures of some new macross toys later...wish me uh...luck (?). I too prefer the Armored "S", but you never know what the curse upon us may do.

Edited by regult

Saw the plain "S" in many shops in Hong Kong's Monkok area, prices ranged from HK$280 to HK$360... and since it has the wrong hip/leg placement, I definitely will wait. I am probably going to pass on the rest of the SMS squad until we get the armored with the new cod-piece in battroid. Hopefully they'll get that fixed for the plain VF-25s too, but I am not counting on it.

So, sorry, no new toy to share with everybody this time!

I picked up the 1/100 VF-25S for HK$299 yesterday in Tai Po.

There are been no changes or modifications to the design that I can tell of.

I was hoping for extra wing locking, but it was not to be.

So basically, if you have the Alto, you know what to expect.

Graham

I picked up the 1/100 VF-25S for HK$299 yesterday in Tai Po.

There are been no changes or modifications to the design that I can tell of.

I was hoping for extra wing locking, but it was not to be.

So basically, if you have the Alto, you know what to expect.

Graham

Ouch. Good thing I decided not to continue collecting this line after the 25F. And mine is still loose after X coats of clear nail polish on the joints.

Ouch. Good thing I decided not to continue collecting this line after the 25F. And mine is still loose after X coats of clear nail polish on the joints.

Try the blue-tac solution I mentioned a while back, a very small amount of the sticky substance in the "inner" part of the knee press against the arms (in fighter mode of course) and usually it stays there if you don't play "chase the vajra" around your house. Since mine is in fighter model almost all the time, with gears down, the legs stay as high up as they can, no gap between leg and lower fuselage (arms).

I will sit and wait for the Armored versions to see if they really decide to relocate the leg pegs for battroid...that will be my next 1/100 purchase for sure!