Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

If the armor is not removable then why the big price increase? It would basically be the same number of parts with a few more attachments. If the armor is not removable then forget it. I was hoping to get improved basic versions (the hips) along with the armor this time.

I hope you are wrong Renato but non-removable would seem much more likely seeing as there would be no point in buying the basic versions otherwise. Why get a inferior first release when you can wait, pay a little more, and get a superior version with add-on parts to update it to armored mode? I was wondering why Bandai would basically kill the sales of the normal releases buy releasing better versions while they still have not even released all the basic models yet. I guess I thought Bandai wanted to make up for the problems with the 1st versions but maybe not...

My views as to why the armour parts are non-removable could well be that they want to sell the original, and it's cost effective in production as they have single pieces instead of more.

I wonder if Bandai would be nice enough to have the cod-piece armor removable and make the cod-piece compatible with the basic model? This way you could use it to "fix" the hips on the basic model. They have done something like this in the past with other figures. If so then I would end up getting both. Removable armor would be better though IMHO.

zupbfl.jpg

Hmm, very tempting. Looks better than the DX honestly and I'm not particularly interested in getting another model kit

:Edit: Looking at the legs on the armored version, they look too thin to be extra parts attached over the existing legs. While that does imply that the armor's going to be non-removable, the do look a lot more proportional.

Edited by anime52k8

Nothing about the VF-1 ?

I really hope not, at least for a long, loong time.

I'd prefer they do other stuff that hasn't been done before like VF-2SS, VF-171, VF-4, VF-27 etc, etc.

Last thing I want to see is another VF-1.

Graham

As long as the VF-25 V1.2 has the following two changes, I'll be happy: -

1) Wing gloves that actually lock onto the legs in fighter mode, like the DX.

2) Eliminate that completely unecessary gap under the nose in fighter mode (copied from the DX, but serves no actual purpose on the 1/100 scale).

Graham

I found it. They did not use VF-25 or Armored rather Aemored?

Link http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN959033

Found the VF100 VF-25F and armoured VF-25F on HLJ's website but i could not find the order page for the 1/100 VF-25S and VF-25G.

Does anyone know where it is on HLJ or perhaps HLJ are not carrying those two? I certainly hope they carry it. As far as I know, they're my oly source for Macross stuff.

Found the VF100 VF-25F and armoured VF-25F on HLJ's website but i could not find the order page for the 1/100 VF-25S and VF-25G.

Does anyone know where it is on HLJ or perhaps HLJ are not carrying those two? I certainly hope they carry it. As far as I know, they're my oly source for Macross stuff.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN958456

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN954819

Here they are.

For some reason they have the ozma listed as a vf-25f that probably kept you from finding it.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN958456

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN954819

Here they are.

For some reason they have the ozma listed as a vf-25f that probably kept you from finding it.

Thanks for that info. Looks like HLJ put it under the Action Figures category instead of the Toy category and hence I could not find it.

Ok time to place my order. Hahahaha=)

Thanks for that info. Looks like HLJ put it under the Action Figures category instead of the Toy category and hence I could not find it.

Ok time to place my order. Hahahaha=)

Well I wouldn't consider the VF-100 series toys anyway. The DX's are made durable enough to be toys. I don't think these were meant to be played with as much as displayed in various positions and modes... B))

Well I wouldn't consider the VF-100 series toys anyway. The DX's are made durable enough to be toys. I don't think these were meant to be played with as much as displayed in various positions and modes... B))

Came across this today

post-1441-1240344881_thumb.jpg

I find myself strangely looking forward to the VF-19kai more and more with each passing day.

I've also decided, perhaps against my better judgement to buy one of the VF-25S Ozma when it is released.

Graham

I find myself strangely looking forward to the VF-19kai more and more with each passing day.

I've also decided, perhaps against my better judgement to buy one of the VF-25S Ozma when it is released.

Graham

I have a strange affection towards the Ozma valk too. I may most probably buy it at HK$2XX.

SO it says that the michael comes with speaker pods. Is that confirmed? I thought it was going to be a website exclusive. Anyone?

Nah website exclusive is only for the DX toy. The 1/100 Michael has always been shown to come with speaker pods, ever since the first drawings.

SO it says that the michael comes with speaker pods. Is that confirmed? I thought it was going to be a website exclusive. Anyone?

That's the DX you're thinking of. The 1/100 comes with them and, if I recall correctly, has a bit higher price tag.