Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

I picked up a FamilyMart VF-25 on eBay a few weeks ago for about $60 shipped. I love the box art design compared to the original VF-25 versions and I actually think the color scheme is cool. Unfortunately it's staying trapped in its box as I only bought it to be a completist.

I picked up a FamilyMart VF-25 on eBay a few weeks ago for about $60 shipped. I love the box art design compared to the original VF-25 versions and I actually think the color scheme is cool. Unfortunately it's staying trapped in its box as I only bought it to be a completist.

That's a pretty good price for it. I've seen it go for at least $90 (+ shipping) on some online stores.

I'm curious to see how slim that YF-21 is and how they handle the arms in fighter mode. But from what little we have to go by in that pic, it looks like the fighter is more accurate than Yamato's rendition with the way the side part of the intake is sculpted and how leading edge of the wing goes all the way to the intake overflow vent.

Oh, my, goodness!!! Just like Bandai to come out of left field and announce the YF-21 in the HI-Metal line... I love the YF-21 and the Hi-Metal series will be just what I'm looking for. A transformable, playable and handy 21. I am in love with my Yamato 1/60, but I can't WAIT for this one.

Another Magazine scan, showing off Gerwalk mode. I hope it comes with FAST packs and dual guns...

Also noticed that the Telescoping lower legs are extended too far in Gerwalk mode.

post-10580-1266912899_thumb.jpg

Edited by Actar

I like the battroid proportions on that 21 a lot more than on either of Yamato's.

Hopefully it'll be on par with the excellent Hi-Metal VF-19.

the battroid proportions look almost identical to the yamato's. I think the fighter mode on this looks wonky though, not sure what it is but it just doesn't look right.

Did someone say dual guns and fast packs? Oh, they'll exist... but you better expect them to be exclusives... probably with the fold drive or something.

I'll accept that, if the pack comes with a 1/100 Ghost-X9 as well.

The YF-21 looks great.

Just curious, but how did someone get lucky enough to bring the YF-21 prototype home and pose it in front of their other Bandai valkyries/SDF1? :unsure:

That's the first time I've ever seen a rare prototype displayed in that manner. :mellow:

All along I planned to focus on the Bandai 1/100 releases, but the VF25 parts former scared me away, but now I'm wondering if I was wrong to lose faith.

The YF-21 looks great.

Just curious, but how did someone get lucky enough to bring the YF-21 prototype home and pose it in front of their other Bandai valkyries/SDF1? :unsure:

That's the first time I've ever seen a rare prototype displayed in that manner. :mellow:

All along I planned to focus on the Bandai 1/100 releases, but the VF25 parts former scared me away, but now I'm wondering if I was wrong to lose faith.

I think that's a resin kit. Anyways, Bandai regained my faith with the VF-19. That is such a fun toy.

I think that's a resin kit. Anyways, Bandai regained my faith with the VF-19. That is such a fun toy.

Yes, I agree it's a resin kit (Studio Halfeye perhaps), but then I thought the YF-21 in the magazine scan also looks to be made of resin (or at least most of it), as opposed to plastic, metal, wood, gold, silver, etc. B))

I'm no expert, but I thought a lot of prototypes were made out of resin, since it can be sanded, scultped, cut, etc. Plastic molds are a major investment since they're made of metal, whereas resin molds are very cheap in comarison. So ideally, resin makes sense to me. The fit, clearance and aesthetic qualities of the resin prototype are evaluated and once final approval is given, the metal molds for the individual plastic parts can be created. ^_^

So at 14cm it sounds like the Hi-Metal VF-1 will definitely be 1/100 scale. Not that I assumed it wouldn't be, but I was kinda hoping it would be 1/72. At 14cm it's going to be a considerably smaller toy than the VF-19. The smaller size plus the fact that it is yet another VF-1 toy in an increasingly oversaturated market should translate to a lower price tag than the VF-19...although it most likely wont. :/

It's not the same one though, the one in the magazine pics has two very different shades of resin parts.

Plus the full resin one is a lot fatter than the more slim proto pictured in the magazine.

Looks great and all, but f%$% Bandai could stop competing with old Yamato producs and do a VF-17, 4 .....

So at 14cm it sounds like the Hi-Metal VF-1 will definitely be 1/100 scale. Not that I assumed it wouldn't be, but I was kinda hoping it would be 1/72. At 14cm it's going to be a considerably smaller toy than the VF-19. The smaller size plus the fact that it is yet another VF-1 toy in an increasingly oversaturated market should translate to a lower price tag than the VF-19...although it most likely wont. :/

Why do you think that? HCM Pros (just to give one example) came in a mind boggling variety of prices, nothing like the size/price class plans of companies like Hasbro.

Looks great and all, but f%$% Bandai could stop competing with old Yamato producs and do a VF-17, 4 .....

Yeah it's a good thing Yamato hasn't started competing with various other "old" franchises from Bandai, CM's, Takara, ...

Or even worse, some type action figure line like Kaiyodo's Revoltech.

It's really fantastic that Yamato doesn't need to compete with anybody.