Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Thanks Graham, for the review! Someone really needs to put this (and a couple of others like the VF-1 V2 review by the Graham as well) into the review section of the mainsit, which I think has seen quite abit of rolling weeds.... erm, roll by.

Looking at the pics, it seems like a nice piece, but I think I would wait for a 1/60 version by either Yamato/ Bandai, if it ever comes out, as I like my valks in a consistent scale.

oh, sh!ts... i had a hunch they would do that! well, i'm pretty sure you'd be getting those exclusive sound boosters, at least now you'll get the fists w/ it... wait, does it say fists or just fist?

they could've posed it better... post-8437-1264382306_thumb.jpg

EDIT - mods proly deleted the hotlinked image... anyways, here's what ff95gj posted in his reply above ^

post-8437-1264388118_thumb.jpg

Oh, look where we can find the closed fists!

Bandai... grrrrr

I like the look of this toy alot... I'm curious to hear if the head bits can be mashed into fighter mode. I'd also really like to see a pic of Battroid mode without the leg covers... I'd like to be able to leave any excess parts in the box if its not too ugly.

Hey Graham can the shoulder plates/flaps fold up in fighter mode so that the head fin can remain in place?

I think this is not about the shoulder plates? The head has to be hidden in the "backplate" of the jet (the YF-19 has its cannon struck out and no side antennae and thus easier), but the fins are impossible to fit.

I don't know if this is going go to be a widespread problem or if it's just with mine.

The point where the black part of the upper arms connects to the red part of the shoulder is only held in place by two extreeeemely tiny prongs. Mine came mis-shapen. The arm would not attach at all in battroid. I was going to return it but I deformed the pegs with a pair of plyers. It now holds on but i'm worried that the pegs will eventually snap in the future.

Hopefully this is just the case with my Fire valk, but take care and keep those receipts handy.

(pics coming in a moment)

Edited by Alex

I don't know if this is going go to be a widespread problem or if it's just with mine.

The point where the black part of the upper arms connects to the red part of the shoulder is only held in place by two extreeeemely tiny prongs. Mine came mis-shapen. The arm would not attach at all in battroid. I was going to return it but I deformed the pegs with a pair of plyers. It now holds on but i'm worried that the pegs will eventually snap in the future.

Hopefully this is just the case with my Fire valk, but take care and keep those receipts handy.

(pics coming in a moment)

No idea what you are talking about. Couldn't locate two tiny prongs. Pics please.

Heh, but Alex is well known for having acid-excreting fingers that instantly destroy any Valk toy he touches.

Graham

No idea what you are talking about. Couldn't locate two tiny prongs. Pics please.

Heh, but Alex is well known for having acid-excreting fingers that instantly destroy any Valk toy he touches.

Graham

I'm like the Alien of the toy world. "Get away from that Valk you b#&ch!".

I don't have any time to post a pic tonight. I'll have to do it tomorrow. I showed Renato and he was a little freaked by it.

You can't see them unless the arm pulls off. They secure the arm to the shoulder. Basically the other end of the balljoint for the top of the upper arm.

Edited by Alex

But it goes in there when in Gerwalk mode, does it not?

No, you remove the part in fighter/ gerwalk mode.

And for the tiny prongs I know what Alex is talking about. I needed to remove the shoulders to properly transform it back into fighter mode (story skipped).

It is not too loose on my VF-19.

Maybe we aren\'t talking about the same part?

I thought we were referring to the head fin that sticks up in gerwalk mode:

I am so sorry that I remembered it wrongly... You are right that it sticks up in gerwalk mode, and only hides in fighter mode.

Sorry for the confusion!!! :(

Quick thoughts after playing with the VF-19:

Nothing frustrating or worrisome. This is an excellent toy and I can't wait to see what's after the VF-1.

I've had a little too much beer to expound further than that. Observe:

kai_kirk.png

Re: The two prongs.

Yeah, my shoulder pad popped off once or twice on the first day I had it. It went back in easily enough, but now that I think about it, I do think they are under quite a bit of stress during transformation.

Namely, when transforming back to fighter you have to lock down the shoulder pads so that the yellow part goes down and clicks past the black parts on top of the shoulders. That action I imagine puts a lot of stress on those two prongs, so I'm kind of nervous about that now.

I hope Alex's is an isolated case, but we will see when people begin to get theirs.

Also, this may become more of an issue when the Sound Boosters come out, because I imagine this will be a piece you need to remove to replace with the "open"speaker shoulders.

Also, this may become more of an issue when the Sound Boosters come out, because I imagine this will be a piece you need to remove to replace with the "open"speaker shoulders.

The speaker pods are completely independent of the shoulders. Is there any particular reason why people have issues or worries with this piece couldn't just glue it in place if need be? Is there any actual reason to rip the shoulder off?

The speaker pods are completely independent of the shoulders. Is there any particular reason why people have issues or worries with this piece couldn't just glue it in place if need be? Is there any actual reason to rip the shoulder off?

I had a feeling my post was unclear. Supposedly in the add-on pack, you will get the open shoulders, with the built-in speakers showing, in addition to the Sound Boosters (and the fist/fists). There were photos of all of this earlier in the thread (or perhaps in the dedicated HI-METAL thread... come to think of it, why is this thread still around, anyway? We should be talking about this over there). The Sound Boosters themselves are independent of the Valkyrie, yes, but the built-in speakers are, by definition, not.

Thus, parts removal and replacement will be required, and that would mean separating the shoulder assembly by the pronged piece.

I had a feeling my post was unclear. Supposedly in the add-on pack, you will get the open shoulders, with the built-in speakers showing, in addition to the Sound Boosters (and the fist/fists). There were photos of all of this earlier in the thread (or perhaps in the dedicated HI-METAL thread... come to think of it, why is this thread still around, anyway? We should be talking about this over there). The Sound Boosters themselves are independent of the Valkyrie, yes, but the built-in speakers are, by definition, not.

Thus, parts removal and replacement will be required, and that would mean separating the shoulder assembly by the pronged piece.

Maybe I'm missing something then...

4305550841_9ae80e9e4a_o.jpg

It looks like it has the exact same shoulders?

I like the look of this toy alot... I'm curious to hear if the head bits can be mashed into fighter mode. I'd also really like to see a pic of Battroid mode without the leg covers... I'd like to be able to leave any excess parts in the box if its not too ugly.

This is all I want to see before buying.

201001251633000.jpg

The posts i'm talking about. This pic shows the glue mishap that occured. I've since cleaned that crap off. But you can see how small those posts really are. They basically have little lips that grab onto either side of the slot. And they are TIIIIIIIINY.

The arm on mine came off during transformation (i think) and would not reattach after coming out. If you have to remove the arm to attach the new pieces then I hope this doesn't happen to others.

Edited by Alex

Love my Fire Valkyrie. Very durable and poseable. And I am okay with the size. It's really not that small (I never like big toys anyway). Perfect for fiddling around. And the parts changing is not much of an issue for me. Can't wait for the blazer valkyrie.

post-398-1264606439_thumb.jpg

post-398-1264606457_thumb.jpg

post-398-1264606470_thumb.jpg

This is all I want to see before buying.

Crap, if I hadn't missed your post I would have obliged you with a photo last night.

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll post a photo sans leg parts tonight. I'm leaving them off and in the box because A: it looks completely fine to me without them and B: less parts to worry about.

As for the head parts, you can leave the middle fin/cap part on (if you fold up the two back flaps), but the side lasers stick out too far to remain on the head in fighter mode. I'm also considering leaving the side lasers in the box as they're kind of small and I don't want to lose them, and also he looks alright without them aside from a hole on each side of the head.

I'd also really like to see a pic of Battroid mode without the leg covers... I'd like to be able to leave any excess parts in the box if its not too ugly.

leggsA.png

leggsB.png

It does look a bit like somethings missing, but it's not noticeable from the front.

I was finally able to take out my VF-19. I like it very much; compared to the VF-25 from the VF100's line, this is WAY better. Although there are removable parts, the main body is fully transformable... i insist, it would’ve been nice if the VF100 line was like this.

Unfortunately... I had the "prong issue". The right shoulder popped out during transformation from fighter to battroid. One of the prongs showed signs of wear on the parts that hold to the slot (in the FIRST transformation). The worst thing is that I saw stress marks on the RED part of the shoulder. I panicked and reattached the arm right away, but I should've taken a pic to show what it looks like. I think this will be a big issue with the upcoming speaker shoulders. I see no other way to replace the shoulders than to pop off the arm.

Prong issue aside, I think this line is going in the right direction. Bandai should've named it VF100's PLUS or something like that because, as many have mentioned, "Hi-Metal" really doesn't make sense since the metal content is minimum.