Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Bandai should buy the prototypes from Yamato from the 1/100 VF-0 we almost got... it'd fit right in this line.
Just in scale, nothing else.

Never mind, in terms of the Fire Valk "making or breaking" this line, though, I would say they will probably sell better than the 25's, simply because it would be the only one in the market right now.

The way the 25 is being milked in its many incarnations one shouldn't be surprised if they're not flying off the shelves, but this VF-19kai will only be the second transformable toy in existence for the design, so I would expect it to be a highly sought-after item. Bandai made a smart move in choosing that as their next design, rather than going down the all-too-familiar VF-1 path. Pity they didn't plan things this way with the Origin of Valkyrie 1/55 series. Instead of "too little too late", it was a case of "too much, too early".

This year is also the 15th anniversary of Macross 7, so here's to hoping for more Macross 7 goodies, including more VF100's and of course more DX toys too...NEW ones.

The funny thing is that Bandai is sitting on the RVF-25 design and I don't know why... I just want to do the formation flying scene with all 4 VF-25s and the Konig Monster in All That VF MacF version :(

Photos of the prototype 1/100 RVF-25 have been shown previously at one of the shows in Japan IIRC. Probably in thread # 1.

Graham

the next vf100's for july will be the vf-25f armored messiah for 6500 yens

news cybergundam

7月VF100’s VF-25F Armored Messiah 早乙女機6,500Yen

VF100’s アーマードメサイアバルキリー 早乙女アルト機

VF-25がパワーアップ&アーマード装備で再登場!

1/100スケールで歴代バルキリーをラインナップする差し替え変形式精密完成品モデル「VF100’s(ブイエフハンドレッズ)」に、待望のアーマード装備タイプのVF-25メサイアバルキリーが早乙女アルト機仕様で登場。

全身各部を覆うアーマーは一部を除き本体に固定されており、安定した保持力でディスプレイすることができます。差し替え変形ギミックや可動・着脱部分は別売りのアルト機から部分的にブラッシュアップされ、「Ver.1.2」相当の本体仕様となります。ビームガン可動、ミサイルポッド部ハッチ差し替え開閉。

Wow, Bandai are pulling out all the stops with the Armored. First news of the Armored DX, then the model kit and now the 1/100 and all coming around the middle of the year.

I wonder if the Armour will be removable from the base 1/100 VF-25S? I'm guessing not, otherwise this would kill sales of the standalone VF25S due out this month.

I think I'm definitely going to be buying the 1/100 Armored VF-25 as I'm a huge fan of the design.

Graham

I'm glad they're releasing Alto's Armoured 25 next BUT... I'm very concerned that they're going to kill the 1/100 line with it.

After the not-so-positive reviews and not-so-good-sales, IMO what this line needed were VF's that have not been produced yet and/or VF's that have had less than spectacular renditions in the past. First the VF's, THEN the variations, especially if you're going to make customers buy 3 of the same toy (1 normal, one with FP, one armoured). The VF-19 was a good move... but I guess they didn't have it ready on time.

I just hope the line keeps going long enough for Bandai to produce the VF-171, VF-17 and VF-4 AT LEAST.

Not surprising the Armored versions will be coming next in the line, since Frontier is the new Bandai Macross puppy...I was pleasantly surprised they went with the VF-19Kai, but since the 1/100 seems to be so closely related to the 1/60...

Hoping they have enough cash or know exactly what they're doing, 2008-09 is certainly Macross revival years but it's also financial tsunami, and despite us not being Bandai's main target market, Japan is not doing great either (correct me if I am wrong).

I am most likely not buying any more 1/100 unless they're BELOW the 5K Yen line...or the toy is 100% transformable miracle (and we all know that's impossible).

Photos of the prototype 1/100 RVF-25 have been shown previously at one of the shows in Japan IIRC. Probably in thread # 1.

Graham

Yea that's what I meant by sitting on it--- they have the product ready to go, but are not producing/selling it. Maybe they are afraid that Luca wouldn't sell well?

Anyway, the whole Armoured bunch of releases is just good marketing to me--- each Armoured VF-25 product can differentiate itself from other other Armoured VF-25S--- The DX toy was the first to be announced (and doesn't require partsforming or rebuilding) , the 1/72 model comes with reaction missiles and the 1/100 toy is Alto rather than Ozma like the previous two. This way, the sales of any product will be less likely to cannibalize the sales of a similar product in another scale.

Bandai naysayers may stay at home:

VF-100's VF-25F Armored Messiah Valkyrie Alto's Unit - Changes made to the main body - "Ver. 1.2" - slightly better transformation gimmick and articulation.

Armor pack may not be compatible with the first release because of that. Transformation to the three modes is still via part-swapping.

Display stand not included. Does come with a connector for Damashii Stage display stand.

Mid July release, 6,825 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Source: Ngee Khiong

2lasq45.jpg

Are those actual prototype shots? Cuz if so the thing that immediately stands out to me is that the hips seem to be in the correct position. If so I'll definitely pick this up, as I never really liked the full armored VF-25 until Alto started wearing it. Saves me having to build another Model Kit for the armor as well. I'm mildly excited lol

Bandai naysayers may stay at home:

VF-100's VF-25F Armored Messiah Valkyrie Alto's Unit - Changes made to the main body - "Ver. 1.2" - slightly better transformation gimmick and articulation.

Armor pack may not be compatible with the first release because of that. Transformation to the three modes is still via part-swapping.

Display stand not included. Does come with a connector for Damashii Stage display stand.

Mid July release, 6,825 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Source: Ngee Khiong

Great!! Nice to see that they're also making improvements to the 1/100 line!

Really? What brings you to think that?

Re-read the original translation:

Armor pack may not be compatible with the first release because of that

Which means that if the transformation were exactly the same the armor might have worked with the first release... and in order for that to happen you would need to be able to remove it and put it on the other toy.

Really? What brings you to think that?

Not sure if your serious or just joking, but it's this line

Armor pack may not be compatible with the first release because of that.

and the attached image that makes one come to that conclusion.

Besides it's probably more practical and less cost intensive to have a base VF-25 figure.

Bandai then only has to develop the armored/super packs which the base figure can be outfitted with.

Otherwise Bandai would have to make at least three different molded figures (normal, amored, super).

Edit: Jenius was quicker.

Edited by lechuck

Great to hear they are improving the line! I might actually start collecting them, once they get all the bugs sorted out.

Kinda sucks for those who got the V.1.0..

In any case, I'll wait until the line is finished, to get started on it.

Wow. Where did that picture come from? Nice to see that the hips are in the lower position on battloid. It would be nice too see if they could have the legs sit higher in fighter mode.

Yeah I hope they fix the leg placement in fighter mode. If they did that and released a plain Ozma Ver. 2 I might buy one.

Wow, I'm really glad to see they are making improvements with the armored versions. If these have the removable armor and more anime accurate proportions then I'm sold! Actually, I might even cave in on the Quarter now that I have a line of VF-25's to buy.

Re-read the original translation:

Which means that if the transformation were exactly the same the armor might have worked with the first release... and in order for that to happen you would need to be able to remove it and put it on the other toy.

Ahh ok oops. I was slow. Just goes to show what days of sleep deprivation can do to you! :unsure:

Whoa... Didn't see THIS coming at all, so not Bandai. It took Bandai roughly 5 years to go from v1 to v1.5 for its ultra famous RX-78 Gundam model kit. For the VF100 it took Bandai only months to update. Well, I guess when it sucks, it sucks...

I'm anxious to see how the v1.2 turns out. It's 0.2, so it might not warrant significant makeover, but it's still up in the air :mellow:

While I hate to ruin the party, I believe that translation is misleading (or plain wrong). If you ask me, the following line:

全身各部を覆うアーマーは一部を除き本体に固定されており、安定した保持力でディスプレイすることができます。

...means that (save for a few exceptions), the armour parts are fixed onto the toy (READ: non-removable), making it very stable and thus easy to pose.

The part about the improvement over the transformation is correct, though, and judging by the photos they probably mean the hip area specifically.

Edited by Renato

I'm actually very okay with that. After all the epic failures of companies to make removeable accessories that work well in small scales, and having these VF-100s be a billion parts already, having the armor fixed makes a lot of sense to me.

Edited by jenius