Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Why do you think that? HCM Pros (just to give one example) came in a mind boggling variety of prices, nothing like the size/price class plans of companies like Hasbro.

Well, I don't really expect it to be the same price as the VF-19, but I wont be surprised if it is.

Years of opening my wallet for Japanese toys has made me typically plan for the worst in terms of pricing.

But like I said, I think it should be cheaper than the VF-19. Especially if it's just the bare valk with no fastpacks.

Whatever is costs, I look forward to getting one to replace my continually decomposing Toynami 1/100.

Nice bigger scan of the VF-1, landing gear and missiles now included. :D

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4010/438236...750ff360f_o.jpg

it kind of looks like they copied most of Yamato's transformation/articulation gimmicks and aplied them to there old HMC's. it even has the Too-high backpack in battroid mode like the HMC.

I agree with the above comments though, I'm disappointed to see the VF-1 and YF-21 as the next offerings. I expect they'll be good toys, but they're hard to get excited about like a VF-17 or VF-171 or, well, anything that hasn't already been made recently. I'd take almost any valk in 1/100 scale, whereas a larger, more expensive Yamato has to be something I really like. Can't see myself buying a Yamato VF-4, but I'd pick up a Hi-Metal one.

The Hi-Metal VF-19 borrows a lot from the Yamato YF-19.

Try again.

And it borrows its disconnecting shoulders from the V2 VF-1, AMIRITE? Hey, guys, am I doing the company bashing right? Ohoho! guys? guys?*

:rolleyes:

... seriously, if people could get over the "Company X vs. Company Y" wang-slinging it would be fantastic. Yamato makes a sub-par 1/72 YF-19. They improve and make a decent 1/60 YF-19. Bandai makes improvements to their design with the Hi Metal VF-19. Yamato announces a 1/60 VF-19 that will no doubt have further improvements. It all sounds like a pretty nice arrangement to me.

I might pick up a VF-1 just for scale purposes, but I'm more interested in the 21 and potentially a YF-19 (my personal favorite valk) - one thing's for certain, the Hi-Metal valks are being released MUCH more frequently than their 1/60 brothers, which means at the very least we shouldn't have to wait as long for "Fantasylust Valkyrie X" to finally get a toy release.

*My V2 VF-1A is fine, thanks. So is my HiMet VF-19.

Yah, easily the best thing about Bandai is their monstrous production capabilities, I expect by the end of the year they'll be loads of VF-1's to choose from.

Not to mention the fact that if they want to they can easily catch up to Yamato's range of offerings and then start to do stuff we haven't seen.

The downside of course is their new found obession with web exclusives, I'm sure we're all dreading super/strike parts and armour sets to be online only already, to say nothing of the more niche stuff like the radome's.

I fail to understand why everybody keeps whining about Bandai doing the same (popular) valks.

Its not as though Yamato started their Patlabor stuff with the Brocken, Helldiver or Griffon.

Or what about Votoms... first release was a Scopedog, not a Fatty, Tortoise or Diving Beetle.

So sit tight, drink a cup a of tea or stare at some line art and eventually your favourite non-mainstream VF will be produced.

Are those sound boosters in the pic going to be a web exclusive? I'd actually purchase a HiMetal if I could get sound boosters.

Forgive me if someone posted the answer to this already.

Edited by logos

It doesn't, but you can believe what you like. :)

well, the stuff I didn't like about the yammie anyways, gullet, the giant gaps in the legs, mismatching shoulder things in fighter mode.

but you're right. It has it's own issues without having to bring up the yammie. ^_^